Hollywood Brown thread?

Goodyear Card

Link Guy
Reaction score
I'd give him 3 year 36-40 mill. That's not excessive in today's world. He can be effective as a #2 when there's a guy like Marvin opposite him. I wouldn't mind a WR corps of Marvin, Brown, Wilson, McBride, and Dorstch next season.
Thats crazy.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I'd give him 3 year 36-40 mill. That's not excessive in today's world. He can be effective as a #2 when there's a guy like Marvin opposite him. I wouldn't mind a WR corps of Marvin, Brown, Wilson, McBride, and Dorstch next season.
I'd look at a contract at about that level, sure, with all kinds of incentives baked in to make him feel good.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

I'd be okay with that deal. Don't forget that Rondale Moore Yards will also be on the roster next year.

And is loathe to ever block anyone.

Good teams don’t reward me first guys… who can’t even “get mine” in the first place.

Everything I understand is that Hollywood is a good glue guy and team player. The mind is willing, the body is weak.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Why give him 12/13 million per year when you could get Dortch for the same production at probably 1/4 the cost and then be able to use the 8 million leftover to add to the team elsewhere?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd be okay with that deal. Don't forget that Rondale Moore Yards will also be on the roster next year.

Everything I understand is that Hollywood is a good glue guy and team player. The mind is willing, the body is weak.
If you’re a great team player off the field, but not one on the field, IDGAF. If his mind was actually willing we’d see him actually ATTEMPT a block once a season. He either whiffs or backs away every time. That’s failure, mind and body.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Why give him 12/13 million per year when you could get Dortch for the same production at probably 1/4 the cost and then be able to use the 8 million leftover to add to the team elsewhere?
It's a matter of whether you believe you'll get equal production from Dortch - I don't think Brown is anything special, but he has actually put up some production in the NFL. Can't say the same for Dortch.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Except you are assuming Wilson is going to stay healthy. Also there are a lot of WR that would be effective opposite of MJH. Of course MHJ would be tripled teamed.
I’d spend 5m per year more and get a guy like Evans or Pittman because now we would put defenses in a quagmire. And imagine the damage Wilson could do IF he stayed healthy.
We need a DYNAMIC wr group.

Last edited:

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is the only kind of deal I’d support. I think his best days are behind him, but as maybe the 3-4 receiver, I suppose he might rebound.
I just don’t think Brown fits on this team. We need to change the dynamics of the WR room. The Smurf era has got to go away. He doesn’t have great hands. He doesn’t block. He’s had his shares of injuries. He isn’t a 50/50 guy.

Other than that, he’s great.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
I don't think that gets him signed right now, but what do I know?

Are you willing to lose him to save Michael Bidwill money?
I don't care about Mikey's money - I care about Monti's

If there was no cap to consider I honestly wouldn't care how much we payed Hollywood

Let Hollywood test free agency - let him come back with his little #2 tail between his legs and give us a chance to match if he and Kyler are so kindred

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
At best, I could see him signing a 1 year prove it type of deal. I’m not sold he’s even a 2 anymore & make no mistake, this FO has a history of playing taller WR’s. And that will depend on whether Hollywood returns this season and does something….anything. I still think that with Moore under a cheap contract, that he’ll have Dortch’s role next year with an occasional gadget play here or there. Dortch is not under contract & I don’t see all 3 of the smurfs back. 2 at BEST.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
At best, I could see him signing a 1 year prove it type of deal. I’m not sold he’s even a 2 anymore & make no mistake, this FO has a history of playing taller WR’s. And that will depend on whether Hollywood returns this season and does something….anything. I still think that with Moore under a cheap contract, that he’ll have Dortch’s role next year with an occasional gadget play here or there. Dortch is not under contract & I don’t see all 3 of the smurfs back. 2 at BEST.
I was just getting ready to post the same thing, a one-year prove-it deal for $8-10 million including incentives.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The current regime has shown little interest in retaining any of Keim’s guys, I expect Brown will also be discarded.

By 2025 I think there will only be a couple guys left of Keim’s rosters.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I don't care about Mikey's money - I care about Monti's

If there was no cap to consider I honestly wouldn't care how much we payed Hollywood

Let Hollywood test free agency - let him come back with his little #2 tail between his legs and give us a chance to match if he and Kyler are so kindred

I don't think the difference between a $17 million a year contract and a $20 million a year contract is going to find a player that's better than upgrading from Rondale Moore to Hollywood Brown. You get like 2 Jonathan Ledbetters for that money.

No one "tests free agency and comes back with his tail between his legs." They'll sign for less elsewhere and convince themselves they're walking into a better situation. We go through this exercise every offseason.

The current regime has shown little interest in retaining any of Keim’s guys, I expect Brown will also be discarded.

By 2025 I think there will only be a couple guys left of Keim’s rosters.
This is true with basically every team in the NFL.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Nobody should be judging him on Sunday. He didn't practice all week. Was obviously not healthy. Think they just rolled him out to eat up a CB.

Also, no I don't want to resign him. He's not the chump many make out, but there are better options.

I'd love to sign Mike Evans if Tampa can't fit him in. They have decent cap space but lose a lot of players. Evans, Winfield, Devin White, Lavonte David, Baker Mayfield.

Chances are he stays though.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson