Wonderful, Let's Blow Money on Hollywood!

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I dunno. What does "significant snaps" mean?

A 2024 season where you have Hollywood and a high draft pick as the primary WRs with Hollywood shifting into the slot for Michael Wilson is, IMO, the most likely scenario.

A 2024 season where you have a high draft pick and Michael Pittman, Jr. as the primary WRs with Moore, Dortch, and Wilson fighting for slot snaps is my preferred outcome, but I think it's much less likely.
I'd much rather draft a WR1 and spend the FA money on a DT/Edge.

OP
OP
ASUCHRIS

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
I dunno. What does "significant snaps" mean?

A 2024 season where you have Hollywood and a high draft pick as the primary WRs with Hollywood shifting into the slot for Michael Wilson is, IMO, the most likely scenario.

A 2024 season where you have a high draft pick and Michael Pittman, Jr. as the primary WRs with Moore, Dortch, and Wilson fighting for slot snaps is my preferred outcome, but I think it's much less likely.
Yeah, I think your plan is much better. Give Kyler some big targets. If he can't get it done next year, your QB will at least have weapons to build around.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I'd much rather draft a WR1 and spend the FA money on a DT/Edge.
There's plenty of money for both if they're available on the market. I don't expect any meaningful edge prospects to reach free agency; more likely to get Froholdt-type guys where you bet on the upside.

OTC estimates Madubuike's value at around $16 million per year -- I expect him to get $20 million APY. Chris Jones will likely demand $25 million per year.

There's money for everyone if you're willing to find/spend it. Depending on the draft to get you a WR1 sometimes leaves you with Michael Floyd. I'd rather give Kyler a dependable guy and someone to nurture and grow with.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't, either. I'm also done with Hollywood. But it doesn't seem like the franchise is, for whatever reason. I don't watch the tape anymore, but many people are saying that Brown actually was getting open before the injury.

You don't have to choose between Dortch and Brown for roster spots; there's room for both. I'd prefer there not be room for Dortch, Brown, and Rondale Moore on the roster, but right now there might be.

Freaking Zach Pascal being a big zero is so frustrating.
Is the Pascal frustration some kind of reverse Jim Dray thing? If not, I continue to be mystified that you expected anything out of a guy who’d gone from 600 yards, to 350 yards to 150 yards in his last three seasons.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are we talking an either or of Pittman/Evans vs. Madubuike? If that's the choice, I might be happier with Madibuike.
I think it is an or. I can't see this organization spending big on two free agents this year.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Is the Pascal frustration some kind of reverse Jim Dray thing? If not, I continue to be mystified that you expected anything out of a guy who’d gone from 600 yards, to 350 yards to 150 yards in his last three seasons.
I dunno. I guess because he was hyped by the usual bozos who hype preseason moves, and I fell for it? Also because there are probably 10 players on the roster who would look cooler with #0 and it's stuck on a literal zero.

600 receiving yards would make him the top wide receiver on this team. Even that guy would have been a huge help to this offense. He hasn't been injured -- he just got pushed down the pecking order by better players. Even 350 yards would have made him the third-most productive WR on the team.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I dunno. I guess because he was hyped by the usual bozos who hype preseason moves, and I fell for it?

Just surprised… you’re not one to fall for that stuff.

Also because there are probably 10 players on the roster who would look cooler with #0 and it's stuck on a literal zero.

Fair.

600 receiving yards would make him the top wide receiver on this team. Even that guy would have been a huge help to this offense. He hasn't been injured -- he just got pushed down the pecking order by better players. Even 350 yards would have made him the third-most productive WR on the team.

Dude signed for peanuts and is the poster boy for “you get what you pay for.”

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
i would have no issue bringing Hollywood back at the right price -- as long as its WR2, not the answer for WR1