Wonderful, Let's Blow Money on Hollywood!

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Ballot (Mike Evans)
That would be a good debate, but I'm not sure he is a first ballot. Lots of good WRs are still waiting for their HOF acceptance that would get in before he would IMO.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don’t care how we do it but we need to load up this wr room.
The Chiefs are averaging 22.2 pts a game which is the worse in Mahomes career which may be directly connected to their current wr room.
Teams will take away McBride, probably starting the next game. Adding two quality wr’s will open things up for every phase of this offense.
Mcbride can not be stopped. It appears Kelce has been swiftied and no longer is amazing. He hasn't even been good for the past month or so

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mike Evans is built different. 10 years of 1000 yard seasons with a bunch of scrubs and some one named Brady. He is in.

Literally since day 1, 1000 yard plus WR, every year of his career. With only two years of a Great QB.. and 7 years of warmed up crap.

He’s first ballot. No doubt.
I have no doubt that he makes it. When you have players like Fitz, Steve Smith, Reggie Wayne, Andre Johnson, Q, Terry Holt etc waiting to get in I'm not so sure about first ballot. The landscape may change quite a bit by the time he is eligible though.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Sorry to bump - no news but I have a feeling we do re-sign Hollywood on a 1 year deal.

I don't love it but Kyler does and the coaches would probably like some sort of continuity going into 2024.

I think we still take a big #1 WR to play the outside and another guy (maybe 3rd round -since we have 3 picks) because its such a strong draft for WR's.

#1 WR (draft)
Hollywood
WR from draft
Michael Wilson
Greg Dortch
Rondale Moore

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Sorry to bump - no news but I have a feeling we do re-sign Hollywood on a 1 year deal.

I don't love it but Kyler does and the coaches would probably like some sort of continuity going into 2024.

I think we still take a big #1 WR to play the outside and another guy (maybe 3rd round -since we have 3 picks) because its such a strong draft for WR's.

#1 WR (draft)
Hollywood
WR from draft
Michael Wilson
Greg Dortch
Rondale Moore
It would need to be a low-money prove it deal. Less than 10 mill. For my part, only 5 mill, but I'm sure they'll pay more than that. And he probably will be back since his value has cratered, he'll want to earn a new big contract a year on, and Kyler wants him back. Give him an incentive-laden deal and let him duke it out on the depth chart. Under NO circumstances should the Cards then devalue WR as a position of need. It is a crisis and the need for top talent is huge.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It would need to be a low-money prove it deal. Less than 10 mill. For my part, only 5 mill, but I'm sure they'll pay more than that. And he probably will be back since his value has cratered, he'll want to earn a new big contract a year on, and Kyler wants him back. Give him an incentive-laden deal and let him duke it out on the depth chart. Under NO circumstances should the Cards then devalue WR as a position of need. It is a crisis and the need for top talent is huge.
If we sign Brown and don’t add a #1 Wr I will be highly disappointed.

OP
OP
ASUCHRIS

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Yeah I bet.

Whenever this thread gets bumped I expect to see a tweet announcing that Hollywood has signed a one-year, $8 million extension that could be worth up to $15 million in playing time and performance incentives.
Sounds fair, but I'm done with Hollywood. Why pay him 8, up to 15M when he's not obviously better than Dortch? Back to your "pay 60% of the cost for 95% of the performance" argument. It's compelling!

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Sounds fair, but I'm done with Hollywood. Why pay him 8, up to 15M when he's not obviously better than Dortch? Back to your "pay 60% of the cost for 95% of the performance" argument. It's compelling!
I wouldn't, either. I'm also done with Hollywood. But it doesn't seem like the franchise is, for whatever reason. I don't watch the tape anymore, but many people are saying that Brown actually was getting open before the injury.

You don't have to choose between Dortch and Brown for roster spots; there's room for both. I'd prefer there not be room for Dortch, Brown, and Rondale Moore on the roster, but right now there might be.

Freaking Zach Pascal being a big zero is so frustrating.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't, either. I'm also done with Hollywood. But it doesn't seem like the franchise is, for whatever reason. I don't watch the tape anymore, but many people are saying that Brown actually was getting open before the injury.

You don't have to choose between Dortch and Brown for roster spots; there's room for both. I'd prefer there not be room for Dortch, Brown, and Rondale Moore on the roster, but right now there might be.

Freaking Zach Pascal being a big zero is so frustrating.
Pascal is history.

OP
OP
ASUCHRIS

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Any re-do of the WR room that has all 3 back with significant snaps seems destined for failure. The lollipop guild just doesn't get it done.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score

#1 WR (draft)
Hollywood
WR from draft
Michael Wilson
Greg Dortch
Rondale Moore

With so many needs on defense, this might be the most logical way to go. I think we saw last week that we're not an ocean away from being pretty dangerous on offense.

I'd feel better about it if Brown had proven to be more durable, but he's a little bit in the same boat as K1 in that he deserves a fair chance to show out in 2024.

IF (if if if) Brown and Wilson can just play capbably, and you add a true #1, and you throw McBride into the mix (plus our elite running game) then I really think it should be good enough to unleash some hell on NFC defenses in 2024. 100%.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With so many needs on defense, this might be the most logical way to go. I think we saw last week that we're not an ocean away from being pretty dangerous on offense.

I'd feel better about it if Brown had proven to be more durable, but he's a little bit in the same boat as K1 in that he deserves a fair chance to show out in 2024.

IF (if if if) Brown and Wilson can just play capbably, and you add a true #1, and you throw McBride into the mix (plus our elite running game) then I really think it should be good enough to unleash some hell on NFC defenses in 2024. 100%.
It’s estimated Brown will get about 12m one year deal. If we’re going to do that then I’d say go 2 year 18 with incentives.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Any re-do of the WR room that has all 3 back with significant snaps seems destined for failure. The lollipop guild just doesn't get it done.
I dunno. What does "significant snaps" mean?

A 2024 season where you have Hollywood and a high draft pick as the primary WRs with Hollywood shifting into the slot for Michael Wilson is, IMO, the most likely scenario.

A 2024 season where you have a high draft pick and Michael Pittman, Jr. as the primary WRs with Moore, Dortch, and Wilson fighting for slot snaps is my preferred outcome, but I think it's much less likely.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s estimated Brown will get about 12m one year deal. If we’re going to do that then I’d say go 2 year 18 with incentives.
Brown won't want that at all. He would want a one year deal, get healthy and produce so he can get a big payday.