Cardinals trade pick #23 for Hollywood Brown

LA Redbird

All Star
Reaction score
Here's the thing. If you ultimately end up paying him 15 to 17 mill (meaning he's good)

Why not keep Kirk and your 1st round pick?
Didn’t Kirk break the market with like $23m? And he didn’t even crack a thousand. And he was unreliable. And we got a third.

Letting Kirk walk was a positive for me with regard to Keim.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Another boneheaded move by Keim. They need a big receiver so he gets another midget. Even if he plays well this season it's a bad move long term. Rookie contracts are needed for cap control. Keim is a joke.
Need a big receiver? Thats harder to find than you think. The Cardinals have two big guys.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Hate to sound like a hater, I LOVED Hollywood Brown coming out of college. However, his speed hasn't quite translated, he drops a lot of passes, and he makes Kirk look like Steve Smith in terms of toughness.

I complained about not trading up for Brown in 2019. However, this is a risk. Secondaries are tougher in the NFC West as well.

Hope he crushes it, but if IM the one saying chill. I suggest we chill.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have paid very little attention to the draft and was watching the suns game ignoring it only to see we got Hollywood Brown, who already has great chemistry with kyler, and a third rounder, where keim can actually draft?

If you’re mad over this I have no idea what to tell you. I wanted oline but this is fantastic.
Agreed.

This is bizarro night… when was the last time there were two HUGE moments for Suns/Cards and I come out ELATED in the end?

LA Redbird

All Star
Reaction score
And why is everyone forgetting about Wesley? Dude has a shot to step up and step into it. I like our receiver group better this year than last. Now, can we get anything for Isabella?

AZfaninMN

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Rondale moores best play is a play where the defense broke down and kyler scrambled like crazy. And frankly I would love to see that foot race because I bet brown is faster.
He’s been in the league for 1 year. Brown has been in the league for 3 years and only been over 1000 once as a #1… now we give up a first for him with only 1 year left on a cap friendly deal. When we pick up his and Kyler’s 5th year option next year we’re gonna have no one left but Nuk Brown and Kyler. All I’m saying is I’d rather have a rookie WR than Brown. Good player, not worth a 1st, we’re in cap hell in 2 years

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bucky, if you believe in Kyler, this is going to save the Cards money on his extension and clearly what has had Kyler so apologetic of late... he fits what we need at #2 opposed to a small school white boy Isabella for a freaking second waste
Good thing for the Rams they don’t share your same opinion on even smaller school white boys as wide receivers

AZfaninMN

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
And why is everyone forgetting about Wesley? Dude has a shot to step up and step into it. I like our receiver group better this year than last. Now, can we get anything for Isabella?
Wesley gets demoted as soon as we signed Green and traded for brown. Wesley might not make the team. Practice squad maybe