Booker Question

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lol 4 of the 15 was on the Suns roster last year
If we could go back in time and tell our 2015 selves that we would have Kaminski, Booker, Payne on our roster and trade Oubre for CP3 and that was how we were going to get to the WCF. No one would have believed it.

We were so into the draft back in those days, that bit of knowledge would have been mind-blowing.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If we could go back in time and tell our 2015 selves that we would have Kaminski, Booker, Payne on our roster and trade Oubre for CP3 and that was how we were going to get to the WCF. No one would have believed it.

We were so into the draft back in those days, that bit of knowledge would have been mind-blowing.

If we could go back and say wed have the best lotto pick from that draft, no one would believe it. No one would believe it in 2016 or 17 either. Towns is the next best but he's empty stats. I wouldn't trade Book for anyone else on that list and I'm not just saying that as a Suns fan. The rest of it has turned out rather underwhelming.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
If we could go back and say wed have the best lotto pick from that draft, no one would believe it. No one would believe it in 2016 or 17 either. Towns is the next best but he's empty stats. I wouldn't trade Book for anyone else on that list and I'm not just saying that as a Suns fan. The rest of it has turned out rather underwhelming.
After years of people calling book empty stats I think I’m wary of saying that about other players who have been stuck on inept teams.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
After years of people calling book empty stats I think I’m wary of saying that about other players who have been stuck on inept teams.

KAT is an elite talent, the real unicorn. My only problem with with him(other than injury concerns) is his defense. My feeling is he is capable of being a lot better than what he's shown but if he isn't then having a big who is sub-par on that end of the court is an absolute killer.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Yeah I despise the "empty stats" label even though I've used it myself a few times. There has to be a better way to make the point that a player doesn't help his team quite as much as his counting stats would suggest. Especially since fans tend to lose sight that this is a team game and if an "empty stats" player scores 30 points per game and his team still loses, that player probably isn't the reason the team keeps losing.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There's a really good article talk about "empty stat" players on ESPN, unfortunately its an insider article. Worth checking out if you can.

Espn.com/nba/insider/story/_/id/31683232/nba-playoffs-2021-devin-booker-trae-young-empty-stats-fallacy

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
KAT is an elite talent, the real unicorn. My only problem with with him(other than injury concerns) is his defense. My feeling is he is capable of being a lot better than what he's shown but if he isn't then having a big who is sub-par on that end of the court is an absolute killer.
I'm not that smitten with KAT. To me he seems slow and lazy. I have higher hopes for DA :beer:

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
My Booker question: Who is going to make the Booker thread similar to the old Anquan thread?

#WeNeedIt

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
My Booker question: Who is going to make the Booker thread similar to the old Anquan thread?

#WeNeedIt
It’s too late for that. The genius of the Quan thread is that it began before any of his feats of greatness.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
How about this one. Not about Book though. Ben Simmons missed more free throws in the playoffs this year than Steve Nash missed in his entire career.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nash regular season missed 324 FTs total

Nash playoffs missed 44 FTs

Simmons missed 91 FTs this series

So career no but playoffs yes

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
i don't mind that Booker missed a lot of shots last game
i'm content that he took what the defense gave him
and that Monty called the final 2 plays for Bridges and Ayton
instead of the usual Booker heave (with us down by 1).
we made 1 of 2 for 50%. better than what we get from Booker ball

Booker has improved in the areas i've been critical of.
he's playing more team ball, forcing things less
(but still needs to reduce his turnovers)

a couple of weeks ago i said that Booker elevated to a top 10 player

this thread's original question compared Booker to Kobe
Kobe never got control of his ego and it hurt his teams

at this point i'd take Booker on my team over Kobe

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you ask most teams if their star has an off night and still scores 20? Pretty much all of them would take that in a heartbeat.

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
btw
we won a western conference playoff game by 1 point
(which could play out to be the season killer for the Clips)

anyone still think it's ok to get a technical foul in the playoffs?

(word to Crowder: the refs are watching you closer than ever)

Last edited:

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
btw
we won a western conference playoff game by 1 point
(which could play out to be the season killer for the Clips)

anyone still think it's ok to get a technical foul in the playoffs?

(word to Crowder: the refs are watching you closer than ever)

It's seven before suspension right? How many does he have?

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

but he’s never been asked to play defense. Look at Booker and Ayton the knock on both those guys was defense and they’ve made huge strides under Monty

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
indeed, there could be as many as 12 games left.
what's the chance of Crowder not getting more than 1 more technical?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson