2021 Free Agency

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Darren Urban
@Cardschatter

LB Haason Reddick, an UFA-to-be, said going into the free agency process he isn't sure what is going to happen with his future. Says he would like to remain with the Cardinals (which isn't a surprise). Given the year he's had and his age, his market will be intriguing.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Kyle Odegard
@Kyle_Odegard

·
5m

Haason Reddick thought it was a “smart business move” for the Cardinals not to pick up his fifth-year option based on his first three seasons. It may turn out well for him financially, as he’s an unrestricted free agent after this year.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
What seemed like a smart business move has proven to be a bad move.

And that is good for Reddick. He proved himself to be an every-down player. He will certainly be rewarded for it.

He would like to stay with the Cardinals.

“I don’t really know the ins and out about what’s to happen with negotiations and what I’m able to do, but hopefully I get to stay here,” he said. “I would like to stay here. We’ll see what happens when the time comes.”

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/cardinals-smart-business-move-end-185829554.html

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
My FA focus would be on G & C. Instead of spending on CB & EDGE which there will be slim pickings this year I would be looking at either Thuney or Scherff and Corey Linsley.

Big $$$ (Over $10M / Year) - G Thuney / G Scherff / C Linsley
Mid $$ ($5M - $10M / Year) - LB Jayon Brown / LB BJ Goodson / TE Jonnu Smith
Low $ (Up to $5M / Year) - WR Curtis Samuel / Breshad Perriman

Reaction score
Just at a quick glance...

Tough to replace:
Patrick Peterson (yes I know alot of you will disagree)
Golden
Reddick

Would like to keep:
Fitzgerald (only if much lower cap)
Drake (or plug this hole with a draft pick and a veteran)
Beachum

Replaceable:
Campbell (replace with Simmons)
Banjo
Kirkpatrick
Joseph
Peko

Easily Replaceable:
Sweezy (Can we finally draft a guard that can start?)
Zane
Lee

The rest are guys making less than a million... I don't think that is a huge uphill task?
Agree on all points ..only exception is..i’m on the fence with kenyan drake

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Agree on all points ..only exception is..i’m on the fence with kenyan drake

Id like to make sure we keep Gardeck too. The kid has done nothing but whats asked of him. I would show the guy some love and offer him a 3 year deal. He can be a pass rusher and ST ace.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Looks like there will be some pretty good RFA's this year at positions of need.

It all depends on the compensation but here are some to watch:

RB
Gus Edwards (would form a great duo with Chase) - Ravens
Jeff Wilson - 49ers

WR
Tim Patrick (this guy would be our answer to #2 WR) - Broncos
Zach Pascal - Colts

DT
Poona Ford - Seahawks

CB
Darius Williams - Rams
JC Jackson - Patriots

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I would think Curtis Samuel should be high on the Cards WR targets. He offers the speed (4.31 40) and deep threat they are missing but can also run gadgets plays, sweeps etc

Ascending player. Still only 24 but plenty of games and experience under his belt.

He'd be the perfect fit for this offense and shouldn't cost the earth (If Fitz retires I'd straight up pay him what Fitz was paid)

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
I would think Curtis Samuel should be high on the Cards WR targets. He offers the speed (4.31 40) and deep threat they are missing but can also run gadgets plays, sweeps etc

Ascending player. Still only 24 but plenty of games and experience under his belt.

He'd be the perfect fit for this offense and shouldn't cost the earth (If Fitz retires I'd straight up pay him what Fitz was paid)

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-2021-nfl-free-agent-rankings-wide-receivers-free-agency

You must be registered for see images attach

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Take a look at Robert Rochell CB Central Arkansas...stud. Late to the position, great athlete, and he makes plays. 10 ints and 3 forced fumbles in 18 career games.

Chopper, I beg the question. How in the HELL do you know anything about this kid?! I mean I appreciate your feedback as it's obvious you know way more than I do. Just curious. LOL....

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Chopper, I beg the question. How in the HELL do you know anything about this kid?! I mean I appreciate your feedback as it's obvious you know way more than I do. Just curious. LOL....
Clips on YouTube. Sure a lot will be highlight plays but there are a couple of film analysis clips on him where yeah he has some things to work on in terms of technique but his athletic ability jumps out immediately. It will be interesting to see what his 40 time ends up being, I could see a sub 4.4.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I have been an internet/tv dvr amateur scout for many years. :)

For small school guys, you have to just find the top athletes and start there or it is way too big. From there, as overseacardfan says, you find their games where you can or get some clips. From there it is about traits and do they dominate most of the time. Also, sometimes who can look at their high school recruiting info to help guide you.

That is how I got on Khalil Mack. He was a 4 star (I think) who had an offer from Miami but he went to Buffalo because of family. He inevitably started flashing and test with the requisite athleticism. Red shirt sophomore players are another trend people miss. That trend is why I liked Danielle Hunter.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I look at this list and I look at the cap numbers for teams prior to having to cut players to get under, and I think the mid to low range of free agents is going to get squeezed.

Players I am most interested in regarding that squeeze.

Tyrod Taylor - QB
Mark Ingram - RB
Mike Davis - RB
Ty Hilton - WR
Breshad Perriman - WR
Gerald Everett - TE
Germain Ifedi - OL
Ted Karras - C
Austin Reiter - C
Larry Ogunjobi - DT
Corey Peters - DT
Markus Golden - EGE
Jarrad Davis - ILB
Desmond King - DB
Quinton Dunbar - DB

and then obviously K's and P's will be an interesting market as well.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
a vet TE name to consider: Zach Ertz, Eagles

candidate to be released prior to 3/17 (day teams need to be under the cap) --and Philly has some work to do to get under the cap

will turn 31 in November 2021.

2020 was not a good year for him -- career low, but also missed 4 games, and had bad QB play

2018 and 2019 were very good.

notably: he is from California, his wife is from Phoenix -- so west coast might be attractive

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
a vet TE name to consider: Zach Ertz, Eagles

candidate to be released prior to 3/17 (day teams need to be under the ca

p) --and Philly has some work to do to get under the cap

will turn 31 in November 2021.

2020 was not a good year for him -- career low, but also missed 4 games, and had bad QB play

2018 and 2019 were very good.

notably: he is from California, his wife is from Phoenix -- so west coast might be attractive

Don't need... we have seen players with Arizona connection come here in their thirties and becoming a waste of cape space
Suggs
Heap