2021 Free Agency

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I'm definitely not second guessing the Simmons pick. I also think he'll develop into a great player. But, that doesn't negate our need for a WR2, WR3, and maybe more. We can't be a legitimate overall threat until we fix our WR group. So disappointed in the lack of production out of Kerr for the past 4-6 weeks. Not sure who to blame for that? KK? KM? Kerr himself? Hop always whining for the ball? Probably a combination I'm sure.

Honestly I'm at a loss to explain his lack of production. I wish I had the time to go through the All 22 and explore every passing play and look at what's going on.

Honestly, I mostly blame Murray. He still bails way too quickly when there is pressure. This week it made sense; the Eagles to their credit were breaking through often and Murray did a spectacular job of mostly avoiding their rush. Most QBs would have taken 4+ sacks this week.

I know when people have broken down Cardinals plays earlier in the season, Kirk was open often.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
they need a couple of young corners badly. i think Murphy can eventually move outside and be good.

Remember -- he only had 1.5 years of play at Washington. Experience matters at corner.

PP has been great, but the $ and his age just dont match up well.

i would add this:

most SB teams get lucky in round 4 or 5 and end up with a player that contributes at a playoff starter level. The Cards are due there

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If we double dipped at CB with 1st & 3rd round picks I actually wouldn’t mind at all.

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
To say that Murray “struggles” with progressions is a bit of a stretch. Other than Hopkins, no WR on this team creates separation. He needs a real #2. Hell, he needs a real #3 & a TE.

Anyone that watches 5 minutes of All 22 can see Kyler doesn't go through reads and misses open guys frequently.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If we double dipped at CB with 1st & 3rd round picks I actually wouldn’t mind at all.

Agree but it's hard to think theiy would immediately contribute as starters
I don't know the players available in March, but I remember it wasn't a great list on paper
I suggest a trade and 1 free agency signing
Maybe trading Kirk for a decent cb?
In any cases I would like to see a brand new group of cornberbacks

Last edited:

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the problem with Jalen Thompson IMO is he can't stay healthy yet. When healthy he looks very much the part to me, but next year is huge for him he needs to be healthy.

Agree on Simmons the light switch has gone on for him, he's so much better now than just a few games ago. With a full offseason of work he has a chance to be special next year. You look at guys like Bobby Wagner, Myles Jack, he has a chance to be in that group, frankly better he's bigger and more athletic than either and they're both great athletes.

CB, edge rusher OL the first pick should be one of those. I'm going to again throw out for later in the draft RB Jermar Jefferson of Oregon state, I have no idea where NFL teams have him pegged in the draft but if he's sitting there in round 3 I sprint to the podium to take him, I'd even consider taking him in the 2nd although I agree WR is a bigger need but I think Jefferson would make Drake expendable I think he'd be pretty amazing in this offense with teams worrying about Kyler running.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

Take a look at Robert Rochell CB Central Arkansas...stud. Late to the position, great athlete, and he makes plays. 10 ints and 3 forced fumbles in 18 career games.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the problem with Jalen Thompson IMO is he can't stay healthy yet. When healthy he looks very much the part to me, but next year is huge for him he needs to be healthy.

Agree on Simmons the light switch has gone on for him, he's so much better now than just a few games ago. With a full offseason of work he has a chance to be special next year. You look at guys like Bobby Wagner, Myles Jack, he has a chance to be in that group, frankly better he's bigger and more athletic than either and they're both great athletes.

CB, edge rusher OL the first pick should be one of those. I'm going to again throw out for later in the draft RB Jermar Jefferson of Oregon state, I have no idea where NFL teams have him pegged in the draft but if he's sitting there in round 3 I sprint to the podium to take him, I'd even consider taking him in the 2nd although I agree WR is a bigger need but I think Jefferson would make Drake expendable I think he'd be pretty amazing in this offense with teams worrying about Kyler running.

Has to be one of those two. Will definitely be CB if they let PP walk.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After watching Mason Cole these past weeks, I am also back on considering Rashawn Slater as a C in round 1.

I actually want to see Gaillard play the next couple of games I've been impressed with him in much of the time he's played this year. Cole has been better but the obvious limits with him are there. If Gaillard can handle that job great he's supposed to be back after they had a child. I know he was a 6th rounder but he looks like he has a chance to be pretty good another year in the weight room etc we might not need a C.

CardsFan1399

Rookie
Reaction score
I still like the idea of Creed Humphrey as a C in Round 1. Excellent college center and has experience with Kyler.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Take a look at Robert Rochell CB Central Arkansas...stud. Late to the position, great athlete, and he makes plays. 10 ints and 3 forced fumbles in 18 career games.

Just read an article that says much of the NFL has already found him, pegged as asure fire first rounder that article said he reminds people of Jalen Ramsey!

I will throw in Kary Vincent Jr from LSU, not first round more like 3 or 4 but remember Mighty Mike that we had that made some big plays for several years? Vincent is similar, 5'10" if he was 6'1" he'd be a first rounder. Fast, quick, great athlete but a bit undersized, he sat out this year due to Covid, his grandmother had it and he decided to take the year off and prepare for the draft. Nickel CB kind of guy, we need speed and many think he'll be one of the fastest at the combine he ran a wind aided 10.07 100 meters in track at LSU last year

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
But, that doesn't negate our need for a WR2, WR3, and maybe more. We can't be a legitimate overall threat until we fix our WR group.

The problem is we swung and missed twice the year before. Imagine if we would have hit on just one of those 2 WR picks.

I agree with you though...we need a legit #2 WR.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
You can only wait for players so long. I would rather have Wililams and play Thompson is a backup/nickel role than count on Jalen and spend another season watching Banjo (who isn't terrible but not good).
I understand but it only took Thompson 12 games during his rookie season to start developing imo. He's been injured twice this season with the same injury. He isn't to "Marcus Gilbert" status injury wise just yet lol. If it continues to happen then you take a look at another safety in 2022. We have too many of our own FA's to resign in 2021 & with the cap going down, it just wouldn't be smart to sign a high priced safety, especially with a talented up & comer already under contract on his rookie deal.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I'm definitely not second guessing the Simmons pick. I also think he'll develop into a great player. But, that doesn't negate our need for a WR2, WR3, and maybe more. We can't be a legitimate overall threat until we fix our WR group. So disappointed in the lack of production out of Kerr for the past 4-6 weeks. Not sure who to blame for that? KK? KM? Kerr himself? Hop always whining for the ball? Probably a combination I'm sure.
Who's "Kerr"? Lol. I know who you're talking about though. "Kirk". I agree on WR's #2 & #3 but I'd rather have Simmons now because he's a generational type of hybrid LB'er. He's going to be a star. We can maybe find a replacement for Kirk via trade or through FA? Plus WR seems to be stacked most every draft. Especially now that the NFL is more of a passing league.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I actually want to see Gaillard play the next couple of games I've been impressed with him in much of the time he's played this year. Cole has been better but the obvious limits with him are there. If Gaillard can handle that job great he's supposed to be back after they had a child. I know he was a 6th rounder but he looks like he has a chance to be pretty good another year in the weight room etc we might not need a C.
He's already way stronger than Cole. He needs to start over Cole imo. Gaillard played against the best, strongest & most physical DL's in college football, the SEC. Cole played against that weak ass BIG 10 competition lol.

Last edited:

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Who's "Kerr"? Lol. I know who you're talking about though. "Kirk". I agree on WR's #2 & #3 but I'd rather have Simmons now because he's a generational type of hybrid LB'er. He's going to be a star. We can maybe find a replacement for Kirk via trade or through FA? Plus WR seems to be stacked most every draft. Especially now that the NFL is more of a passing league.
LOL. Not sure if I typed Kerr or it autocorrected:confused:. Simmons was no doubt the right pick. We just need more production outside of Hopkins.:yeahthat:

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
After watching 49ers last Saturday
I would love to sign both Ankhello Weatherspoon Jason Verret
Kerry Hyder Jr de dt super explosive

Franchise tag for Reddick

Let p21 go

Drafting jaycee Horn

Signing wr Chris Godwin, the guy can stretch the field

Extending gardeck

Signing Lavonte David, great combo with Simmons

Guard Joe Thuney

Last edited:

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Watched a couple of YouTube clips. He has a strong skill set. Reminds me of a more built DRC who coincidently was taken by ARZ in first round out of Tennessee State. If he runs a fast 40, I could see him go in late first round.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn