Losing the lower pick surely sucks.

Outerlimits

Veteran
Reaction score
Eh. While dropping a bit in the draft is a bummer, the performance today increases the optimism about the coaching staff.(HC, OC, and DC) This wasn't some fluke lucky win either as the Cards dominated many aspects of the game.(with a far less talented roster)

Plus, watching Eagles fans have meltdowns is always amusing.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well we also blew it in 2003 for the 2004 draft by winning the last game with a last second win over the Vikings. We dropped to draft pick #3 and did not get Eli Manning, who would not want to come here anyways and was traded to the NY Giants. So we got stuck with WR Larry Fitzgerald. So here we go again, damn!!:bang:

2004 NFL Draft Results​

Round 1​

1. San Diego Chargers
Eli Manning, QB, Mississippi

2. Oakland Raiders
Robert Gallery, T, Iowa

3. Arizona Cardinals
Larry Fitzgerald, WR, Pittsburgh

4. New York Giants
Philip Rivers, QB, North Carolina St.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The play of KM, the OL and Wilson getting going was more than worth it. KM played well and never got down which was great. Conner was a beast. I feel vindicated having insisted Dortch get more playing time and being told he didn’t deserve it. The draft will work itself out and we are still in good shape.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Well we also blew it in 2003 for the 2004 draft by winning the last game with a last second win over the Vikings. We dropped to draft pick #3 and did not get Eli Manning, who would not want to come here anyways and was traded to the NY Giants. So we got stuck with WR Larry Fitzgerald. So here we go again, damn!!:bang:

2004 NFL Draft Results​

Round 1​

1. San Diego Chargers
Eli Manning, QB, Mississippi

2. Oakland Raiders
Robert Gallery, T, Iowa

3. Arizona Cardinals
Larry Fitzgerald, WR, Pittsburgh

4. New York Giants
Philip Rivers, QB, North Carolina St.
SD got a HAUL for drafting Eli, and then trading him to NY. You go ahead and take the best available anyway.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
One thing I do dislike is that Nabers is sub 6’ while Rome is 6’3. I can see a trade back for Rome.
I’ve seen quite a bit of LSU fireball and Nabers is quite good but not really a50/50 battle for the catch kind of guy near as I can tell

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Lose out on MHJ then they really should have kept Hopkins and kept building Kyler's confidence. Good play from Dortch went a long way.
I say win and let the chips fall where they may. Losing out on Big Ben to get Fitz turned out to be ok.

Don’t get me wrong, I def want MHJ but there is a real possibility he stays one more year with $20 million being rumored to what he’ll get for staying.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
But that win was as enjoyable a Cards game that I’ve seen in quite some time.

This team doesn’t quit on this staff. This staff keeps this teams players head where it needs to be. The talent level marched out on that field today wasn’t nowhere near what the Eagles have on the other side. By all metrics this should have been a blow out.

Congrats to Gannon going in there beating his old team.

Great game overall by Kyler. If he could just keep that level of play consistently we can all have hope for the future. Regardless of draft position. Same for Wilson.

We still have 2 #1 picks in this draft and I’m excited to see what MO does with them regardless of where they fall.

Fun Sunday.
Yep. Eff it, I'll take the win. Say what you want about Monti's errors (like I always do lol), but we have instilled a never-say-die culture.

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Now the only choice is Alt or trade down...but we may not have many people calling for the #4 pick.

This is what sucks...yes this was a nice win, and provided us a nice 3 hours. But we may have just cost ourselves an all-pro...someone who could have given us 5 YEARS of nice wins and great afternoons. For everyone saying "this will carry over to next year"...no it wont. This roster is going to look completely different. Going from 3 wins to 4 wins still means your a horrible team.

The fun of this win is going to wear off really quick when April comes.
I hear you, but we just can’t get caught up with hypothetical “what ifs”. Who’s to say MHJ doesn’t come into the league and suffer a career ending injury in week 7 of his rookie season?

Reminds me of how we took Jonathan Cooper 7th overall and a freak injury ruined him. You just never know how it will pan out. Nobody thought Justin Jefferson would become Justin Jefferson.

Stout

Reaction score
Now the only choice is Alt or trade down...but we may not have many people calling for the #4 pick.

This is what sucks...yes this was a nice win, and provided us a nice 3 hours. But we may have just cost ourselves an all-pro...someone who could have given us 5 YEARS of nice wins and great afternoons. For everyone saying "this will carry over to next year"...no it wont. This roster is going to look completely different. Going from 3 wins to 4 wins still means your a horrible team.

The fun of this win is going to wear off really quick when April comes.
Wrong tackle ;)

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve seen quite a bit of LSU fireball and Nabers is quite good but not really a50/50 battle for the catch kind of guy near as I can tell

Yeah really neither is MHJ although he's better in the air than Nabers seems to be. Nabers is an absolute burner, and he's great after the catch. MHJ is more of a long strider he is regularly compared to young AJ Green but he's faster.

Give me either one I'm happy but I do think there's a reason MHJ is higher rated, he's bigger and longer and has great speed. I do agree with the people saying Nabers is better after the catch and has more wiggle.

It would not stun me if they're both stars. I love Odunze too if you're looking for a contested catch guy he's the best of the 3 at that IMO.

I didn't want Paris Johnson but I'm happy we took him so I could live with another stud OL too.

Stout

Reaction score
Yup.

If Nabers wasn’t in this class then yea this win probably would’ve hurt a lot, but he’s also going to be really great.
Well, we'll be in a tough spot. I don't think either Nabers or Odunze (sp?) will be there for our 2nd pick, and I don't think we take them with our 1st pick. We're kinda in limbo now

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I say win and let the chips fall where they may. Losing out on Big Ben to get Fitz turned out to be ok.

Don’t get me wrong, I def want MHJ but there is a real possibility he stays one more year with $20 million being rumored to what he’ll get for staying.
He didn't play in the Bowl Game. I would be amazed if he stayed.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hear you, but we just can’t get caught up with hypothetical “what ifs”. Who’s to say MHJ doesn’t come into the league and suffer a career ending injury in week 7 of his rookie season?

Reminds me of how we took Jonathan Cooper 7th overall and a freak injury ruined him. You just never know how it will pan out. Nobody thought Justin Jefferson would become Justin Jefferson.

Except our WR coach who said he was the best one in the draft and we ignored him and traded for Hollywood !