Losing the lower pick surely sucks.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
If you want Kyler to get back to be a "top 10 QB"...then this was a huge loss. Its the equivalent of missing out on the Peyton Manning of WR's
With Daniels included...... It's not out of the question that the first three picks are QB's in this draft.

Especially with all the QB Needy teams in the top 7 or 8.

Fitz4Ever

Veteran
Reaction score
Another benefit of the win is I can browse this board without seeing a bunch of complaining about how bad the coaching staff, QB and GM are.
You think a 4 win team is above criticism. Michael Bidwill...is this you? No one cheers as hard for bad football teams as an AZ cards fan. But hey....winning culture! Lets see if that bumps us up to maybe 6 wins next year and not getting eliminated from the playoffs until week 14+

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nabers isnt in the same league as MHJ.

If hes there with the Texans pick than maybe...but to act like there is any other WR worth a top 10 pick in this draft is crazy. MHJ is the best prospect, regardless of position, in the last 3 years, and will probably be a top 5 prospect of the 2020's decade
So considering your screen name would you have changed it in the Cardinals not beat the Vikings that year and taken Rothlisberger instead?

Fitz4Ever

Veteran
Reaction score
With Daniels included...... It's not out of the question that the first three picks are QB's in this draft.
Eh...I dont see it. I dont think there is a huge difference between Daniels and the next 5 QB's. Williams and Maye are the elite QB's in this draft.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Nabers is half a mile away from MHJ.

I think Rome is about 2 miles away from Nabers.

Nabers has higher upside but I think Rome is a stud from day one. Of course I’d take Nabers if given the chance. He’s younger and more explosive but I love Rome.

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Nabers isnt in the same league as MHJ.

If hes there with the Texans pick than maybe...but to act like there is any other WR worth a top 10 pick in this draft is crazy. MHJ is the best prospect, regardless of position, in the last 3 years, and will probably be a top 5 prospect of the 2020's decade

I dont agree with any of this, at all and it will become more clear as people actually watch tape leading up to the draft. The fluidness, change of direction, and YAC ability of Nabers blows MHJ out of the water. MHJ has the height but the hips are stiff and he is a straight line guy.

You can watch Nabers blow by Alabama and other top defenses while MHJ played a whole lot of no names, western Kentucky, Maryland, etc. The evaluations and concensus will look a LOT different 4 months from now I can guarantee that.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The win drops the Cards 2 draft spots which kills a lot of trade back scenarios. They can now drop back another 3 spots if they win next week. Getting the 7th pick after a season like this would be a disaster.

Bonus negative points for this win, it clinched the bye for the 49ers and helped the Cowboys. This win was a loss all around.

They can enjoy the short term dopamine hit that means nothing instead of looking long term.

Yeah, players on the field fighting for their careers should really have the draft as a top-of-mind concern.

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I dont understand the question. Rothlesberger was taken 11th.
Irrelevant, there’s a lot of people who say that our pict should’ve been Roethlisberger instead of Fitz in hindsight, of course. And there was a whole poo ton of handwringing on the message boards about the Cardinals winning the meaningless game that netted us Fitz instead.

Fitz4Ever

Veteran
Reaction score
I dont agree with any of this, at all and it will become more clear as people actually watch tape leading up to the draft. The fluidness, change of direction, and YAC ability of Nabers blows MHJ out of the water. MHJ has the height but the hips are stiff and he is a straight line guy.

You can watch Nabers blow by Alabama and other top defenses while MHJ played a whole lot of no names, western Kentucky, Maryland, etc. The evaluations and concensus will look a LOT different 4 months from now I can guarantee that.
Ok. I will bet you anything you want that MHJ is the #1 WR up to the draft and is the #1 WR taken.

Fitz4Ever

Veteran
Reaction score
Irrelevant, there’s a lot of people who say that our pict should’ve been Roethlisberger instead of Fitz in hindsight, of course. And there was a whole poo ton of handwringing on the message boards about the Cardinals winning the meaningless game that netted us Fitz instead.
I dont remember anyone saying that Rothlesberger should have been the #2 overall pick...not a single person in fact. He wasnt even the 2nd QB taken.

Im still not understanding the point you are making. Since Eli wouldn't have agreed to play for us...we were picking Fits at #2 or #3.

I think I remember people being worried that Fitz would go #2...but the Raiders were dumb enough to take Gallery.

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No..the GM and coach who just watched a 4 win season and will be fighting for their careers 2 years from now should have
So again you would rather the Cards lost against minny all those year ago and not taken Fitz? Instead grabbed Eli?

An awful lot of handwringing for a future none of you can see exactly how it’s gonna shake out?

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
No..the GM and coach who just watched a 4 win season and will be fighting for their careers 2 years from now should have

:shrug: :shrug: :shrug:

Given that the CARDS were down to third and fourth on their depth chart what exactly were the GM and Head Coach to do?

Curious minds want to know.

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I dont remember anyone saying that Rothlesberger should have been the #2 overall pick...not a single person in fact. He wasnt even the 2nd QB taken.

Im still not understanding the point you are making. Since Eli wouldn't have agreed to play for us...we were picking Fits at #2 or #3.

I think I remember people being worried that Fitz would go #2...but the Raiders were dumb enough to take Gallery.
Ok keep avoiding the obvious question I’m asking. Lol

Fitz4Ever

Veteran
Reaction score
How about we bet on who has a better Rookie season?
It depends on where they both go. If MHJ goes to the Bears, Commanders, or Pats.....and Nabers goes in the teens...to a team with a QB...he may well have a better rookie season.

This is a silly argument. The team that drafts Nabers would have drafted MHJ instead if they had the chance.