Rams @ Cardinals postgame thread

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This game was everything I expected of the Cardinals in a prime time game at home and exactly why we don't win a playoff game.

******* coaching decisions. Bad interceptions. Defence not showing up. Dumb AF penalties.

Awful.

RIP Kyler for MVP and the #1 seed
That first int was Incredible Hulk mode by Donald.

That 2nd int essentially lost us the game. Horrible play.

And we cant waste a timeout before going for a 4th down and still not get it. Bad night

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We are elite on the road and trash at home.

7 passing TDs at home and 6 INTs but 15/2 on the road.

120 passer rating on the road. 94 at home.

147 1st downs on the road. 90 at home.

ANY/A 9 on the road. 6.9 at home.

12 rushing TDs on the road. 7 at home.

The defense is largely better at home except one major stat.

Only 6 sacks at home. 26 on the road. Which might be all the difference.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I thought he was gonna keep the ball on that play, he could've beat the edge guy to the marker imo.
Not sure how you or K9 dont see the guy waiting for him. It looked like Conner was gonna get it.
You must be registered for see images attach

Edit: Im still not sure he was stopped short. If the Fournette play vs the Bills was a first down so was this one.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Not sure how you or K9 dont see the guy waiting for him. It looked like Conner was gonna get it.

Edit: Im still not sure he was stopped short. If the Fournette play vs the Bills was a first down so was this one.
I wasn't talking about running left, I thought he was gonna run to the right? Even though there was a defender on the right I thought he could've beat him to the marker. The defender on the right hesitated for a split second while he was handing the ball off leaving him flat footed. Keep the ball & beat him to the marker.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
At home:

- Barely escaped a sub-par Minnesota team only cause the kicker missed a chip-shot.
- Barely beat a 49er team where a really raw rookie made his 1st NFL start. Also missing George Kittle.
- Struggle hard for a little bit over a half against a horrific Houston team.
- Lose against an extremely short handed Green-Bay team.
- Get clobbered against a Carolina team who pretty much has NO offense.
- Lose against a really under-handed LA team.

On the road:

- Clobbered a fully healthy Tennessee team.
- Clobbered a fully healthy LA team.
- Clobbered a Cleveland team that has a great defense & arguable DPOY.
- Clobbered a healthy 49er team with a backup QB & non-WR1.
- Pretty much dominated a divisional rival in Seattle with Russell Wilson. Backup QB & non-WR1 again.
———All wins by 10+ points———

“Let’s hope for homefield advantage” lol okay. Sure.

Watch we lose to Indy at home in another primetime game, but dominate Dallas on the road.

Much more comfortable going to Lambeau or Tampa Bay than wanting those teams to come here.
Yet you conveniently forget we would play one less game if we were the #1 seed. There is no arguing that playing 2 games to get into the SB is an easier path than playing 3. Don't be that guy.

Stout

Reaction score
You know what’s funny & probably true? Andy Dalton probably would’ve scored more touchdowns in State Farm Stadium than Soldier Field. It’s also faith to assume this team will turn it on at home when they have yet to do. Two against teams that were VERY short-handed. VERY!
You conveniently forget we were also VERY short-handed against the Pack. But, yes, today was unacceptable.

Stout

Reaction score
Rewatched the AJ Green missed TD.

DJ Humphries gets driven right into Kyler. He's looking off the safety and DJ gets driven into his lap. Garcia whiffs, etc.

Kyler might have been off target but probably enough for AJ to catch it. However, that made it pretty much done.

Ertz play is a TD, but Donald dominates Garcia again. Helluva play by the HOF though to tip it as well. Still think you gotta double him so close to the endzone.

So yea those two big mishaps are upfront issues we have to resolve.
That first iNT was going to be picked off whether it was tipped or not. The window simply wasn't there.

Stout

Reaction score
If you'd ask me before the season, I might've taken a 1-and-done playoff appearance. Now, 1-and-done is going to SUCK. And that's exactly who we are, a team who's not ready and is going to get bounced in the first game. Hell, I have doubts we can even win the division at this point.

OP
OP
DVontel

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yet you conveniently forget we would play one less game if we were the #1 seed. There is no arguing that playing 2 games to get into the SB is an easier path than playing 3. Don't be that guy.
Evidence is right there shining directly in your face, but you’re still aiming for something we clearly don’t have.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
So when will this team be ready? Kylers 2nd contract? After chandler retires? When Kliff is gone? At some point maybe this group will just never be ready

OP
OP
DVontel

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You conveniently forget we were also VERY short-handed against the Pack. But, yes, today was unacceptable.
I didn’t forget. I realize we didn’t have Hudson. We also didn’t have Hopkins after a quarter. I’m not sure you can throw Watt in there since he might not return this season.

But guess what, the Pack didn’t have their WR1, LT1, CB1, WR2, & even their defensive coordinator. They were significantly more short-handed than we were. Significantly.

Just like how the Rams were significantly more short-handed than us last night.

Riddle me this. What do those two game have in common? As opposed to us being significantly more short-handed going into San Fransisco against a healthy Niner squad.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wasnt Kliff's best game, but if Kyler makes the throws we win regardless. What did you feel was stupid?

Only thing I can think of was running on 3rd and 4 and maybe trying play action on that 4th and 1.
Those and not kicking the FG sooner.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was wondering why the Cardinals did not double Aaron Doland more today. They did it last time facing the Rams and pretty much neutralized Donald. Today I saw a couple of times Harlow left alone 1 vs 1 with Donald with Hudson sliding over to the right side helping (that's happened in both Harlow's holding calls, and the second one Hudson was not engaging with anyone). Donald single-handedly stopped our drive at least four times tonight.

Donald was really disruptive but I went back and looked 2 of those holds they called were bad calls the one in the first half on Garcia that negated a pass to Green. The run by Kyler to start the last drive if you watch the replay Donald is doing James Harden acting to draw that penalty, Harlow was just blocking it happens on every play but donald sort of drew into Harlow and then acted like he was trying to pull away and being held. If you watch it closely it's not a hold.

But I think after missing that blatant facemask it wasn't a surprise they made that call against us. That killed that drive though we had a first down at their 37 with 34 seconds to go, plenty of time, without D Hop, but instead it was a penalty and we're at our 38, 25 yard swing.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I don't remember the timeout situation but I was surprised Kliff didn't challenge that because I thought it was close and he may have gotten it

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They thought he was going to spike it.

Kyler was asked that and he said miscommunication between me and the OL and I don't really recall what was said in the helmet in the heat of the moment. The WR's didnt' run either everyone thought he was going to spike it, he should have. Brain fart, happens he'll learn.
Brain fart? As a 3rd-year pro QB? Come on. A high school QB knows to spike the ball in that situation. And we all have heard what a great high school QB Kyler was...so there is NO excuse at all for that kind of crap ending to the game.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Brain fart? As a 3rd-year pro QB? Come on. A high school QB knows to spike the ball in that situation. And we all have heard what a great high school QB Kyler was...so there is NO excuse at all for that kind of crap ending to the game.

I think it was because of Conner. If you watch the replay as Kyler is coming up he's looking at Conner I don't think he knew what was goign to happen. if he can't get up does the clock stop and we get a snap, is there a runoff etc.
then we all got to the LOS and I think Kyler just panicked and didn't realize he had time to spike it so he ran the play. Everyone else on the field was thinking spike it was clearly on Kyler.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
That first iNT was going to be picked off whether it was tipped or not. The window simply wasn't there.

More info pkease

Yeah... people are ignoring that DB was on Kyler’s eye the entire way.
QBs make big time throws all the time. You guys are actually like Kyler was going to loft the football there. The LB's feet were planted. Thats a TD pass all day.

You're letting the result influence your opinion. Thats open in the NFL. Especially the redzone.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
QBs make big time throws all the time. You guys are actually like Kyler was going to loft the football there. The LB's feet were planted. Thats a TD pass all day.

You're letting the result influence your opinion. Thats open in the NFL. Especially the redzone.
It would’ve been close. The LB was in place to make the play though with less reaction time he may have only tipped it instead of intercepting it. That said, if he took his eyes off it for a second it’s likely a TD. Would’ve been bang-bang type of play.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort