Rams @ Cardinals postgame thread

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
and with all that if Kyler makes some good throws and Kliff isn't stupid we still could have won
Wasnt Kliff's best game, but if Kyler makes the throws we win regardless. What did you feel was stupid?

Only thing I can think of was running on 3rd and 4 and maybe trying play action on that 4th and 1.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Wasnt Kliff's best game, but if Kyler makes the throws we win regardless. What did you feel was stupid?

Only thing I can think of was running on 3rd and 4 and maybe trying play action on that 4th and 1.
I think Griese was trying to bury him for not kicking a quick field goal on two trips into the green zone.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Our guards were totally outmatched by the Rams DL, with the Rams simply moving Aaron Donald away from Hudson. Now, those guards are our backup guards if I am correct so I guess that was to be expected against the Rams. Conner played a great game but then one has to also consider if having Edmonds in the mix as well was what gave us the offensive advantage the first time too. Look, I do not think anyone here at this point would be complaining at the beginning of the year that our record would be this with four games to go. Make the playoffs Cards, make the freaking playoffs because that was what we did expect and once there... anything can happen if one considers the other shocking reality that this team is better on the road and maybe that's our obscure chance

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
They thought he was going to spike it.

Kyler was asked that and he said miscommunication between me and the OL and I don't really recall what was said in the helmet in the heat of the moment. The WR's didnt' run either everyone thought he was going to spike it, he should have. Brain fart, happens he'll learn.
Pffft. Miscommunication my arse. Murray has been playing QB his entire life. EVERYONE knows you spike it there.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I think Griese was trying to bury him for not kicking a quick field goal on two trips into the green zone.
Eh Im more upset that we ended up wasting a timeout on that play. Hopkins should have caught that ball.

In fact the only concern I have with Kliff is the use of his timeouts before the half. Against the Packers he waited way too long to call a timeout and let Rodgers bleed the lock. As we've shown today we can get a FG in under 40 seconds.

Tonight I think he should have used his timeouts earlier when the Rams were in the redzone. Gotta at least give yourself a chance to get a TD before the half.

OP
OP
DVontel

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’m just over here laughing man like how does this team manages to only get pressure on the road than at home?

Why is Kyler so much more precise on the road than at home?

Why is the secondary so much better on the road than at home?

Why is the OLine so much better blocking on the road than at home?

This is just hilarious.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think he has a head injury. He didn’t know where he was the moment he tried to get up.

Great.

At least we have Detroit next week. That’s kind of a no-enjoyment game.
I’m just over here laughing man like how does this team manages to only get pressure on the road than at home?

Why is Kyler so much more precise on the road than at home?

Why is the secondary so much better on the road than at home?

Why is the OLine so much better blocking on the road than at home?

This is just hilarious.

It’s bizarre.

Card'em

All Star
Reaction score
We got beat in the trenches on both sides of the ball. The interior of our offensive line was atrocious, giving up pressure all night and unable to open up any running lanes. The defensive line was nearly as bad, getting gashed on running plays in the first half and not mounting much of a pass rush all night.

Garcia and Harlow could not handle Donald and got whipped repeatedly on run blocks. You're not going to win many games when you can't run for more than 1 yard on first down.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
At home:

- Barely escaped a sub-par Minnesota team only cause the kicker missed a chip-shot.
- Barely beat a 49er team where a really raw rookie made his 1st NFL start. Also missing George Kittle.
- Struggle hard for a little bit over a half against a horrific Houston team.
- Lose against an extremely short handed Green-Bay team.
- Get clobbered against a Carolina team who pretty much has NO offense.
- Lose against a really under-handed LA team.

On the road:

- Clobbered a fully healthy Tennessee team.
- Clobbered a fully healthy LA team.
- Clobbered a Cleveland team that has a great defense & arguable DPOY.
- Clobbered a healthy 49er team with a backup QB & non-WR1.
- Pretty much dominated a divisional rival in Seattle with Russell Wilson. Backup QB & non-WR1 again.
———All wins by 10+ points———

“Let’s hope for homefield advantage” lol okay. Sure.

Watch we lose to Indy at home in another primetime game, but dominate Dallas on the road.

Much more comfortable going to Lambeau or Tampa Bay than wanting those teams to come here.
Honestly, it doesn’t make much sense. But I’ve been bludgeoned by this bizarre reality to start to change my thinking. It’s wacky.

OP
OP
DVontel

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Honestly, it doesn’t make much sense. But I’ve been bludgeoned by this bizarre reality to start to change my thinking. It’s wacky.
You guys may laugh & think I’m foolish, but I’d be so much more confident team going into cold Lambeau or Tom Brady’s place in Tampa pulling out a win than hosting a playoff game(a game in which I think we’ll go one-&-done).

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
You guys may laugh & think I’m foolish, but I’d be so much more confident team going into cold Lambeau or Tom Brady’s place in Tampa pulling out a win than hosting a playoff game(a game in which I think we’ll go one-&-done).
I’m no longer laughing. Tough to deny the massive evidence staring us in the face.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This team definitely plays better with LESS pressure on them.