Rams @ Cardinals postgame thread

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Tonight was karma paying us back for the 4 INT game vs the Bears last. Week.

reebokalone2001

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The worst thing about this game, is the way they got pressure with four, while we didn't get much pressure with four.

That's why I'm not real excited about playing them again.
I was wondering why the Cardinals did not double Aaron Doland more today. They did it last time facing the Rams and pretty much neutralized Donald. Today I saw a couple of times Harlow left alone 1 vs 1 with Donald with Hudson sliding over to the right side helping (that's happened in both Harlow's holding calls, and the second one Hudson was not engaging with anyone). Donald single-handedly stopped our drive at least four times tonight.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
I was wondering why the Cardinals did not double Aaron Doland more today. They did it last time facing the Rams and pretty much neutralized Donald. Today I saw a couple of times Harlow left alone 1 vs 1 with Donald with Hudson sliding over to the right side helping (that's happened in both Harlow's holding calls, and the second one Hudson was not engaging with anyone). Donald single-handedly stopped our drive at least four times tonight.

Donald dominated that game in way that I haven't seen in a long time man. But what's so weird is that we had 450 yards of offense or whatever.

I'd like to be able to say that both of Murry's critical, critical turnovers were due to pressure from their D-line, but that wouldn't be fair.

If Murray takes little bit better care of the ball, we really might have won this game.

But then again, the way Stafford was playing tonight, they probably could have scored more than 30 if they needed to. I haven't watched that many of Stafford's games, but I think that's the best I've ever seen him play.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I’m just over here laughing man like how does this team manages to only get pressure on the road than at home?

Why is Kyler so much more precise on the road than at home?

Why is the secondary so much better on the road than at home?

Why is the OLine so much better blocking on the road than at home?

This is just hilarious.
You're not "wrong" but I feel like we're about 3 Kyler throws from being 12-1 right now.

AJ Green play

The other AJ Green play where he missed
And a tipped goal line pass.

Not use to throwing/playing with the roof open at home? Law of averages say we're due for a big game(s) at home. Seemed like we left at least 14 to 17 points on the field.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man that sucked. With the GB game, we could talk ourselves into “not quite ready yet” and “if AJ turned around!”.

But this was the game that was supposed to show how far we’d come. And all it showed was how far we have yet to go.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Donald dominated that game in way that I haven't seen in a long time man. But what's so weird is that we had 450 yards of offense or whatever.

I'd like to be able to say that both of Murry's critical, critical turnovers were due to pressure from their D-line, but that wouldn't be fair.

If Murray takes little bit better care of the ball, we really might have won this game.

But then again, the way Stafford was playing tonight, they probably could have scored more than 30 if they needed to. I haven't watched that many of Stafford's games, but I think that's the best I've ever seen him play.
I think if we had 24 at the half the Rams panic and we win. The missed throw + tipped pass/late read were crucial.

I think he missed the AJ Green TD pass because he got pressure up the middle on the Kirk open throw he missed.

The 2nd int was a backbreaker though. The POSITIVE from this game is that Kyler clearly needs to go back to getting up on his toes to make some throws. He also should do that backpedal that he did vs the Vikings and Titans. I think the time off showed how rusty he was with making those adjustments he did during the season. Gotta find ways to compensate for his height.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Man that sucked. With the GB game, we could talk ourselves into “not quite ready yet” and “if AJ turned around!”.

But this was the game that was supposed to show how far we’d come. And all it showed was how far we have yet to go.
Nothing wrong with a humbling loss. Better to learn now that later. The team is what it is. However, this just showed we arent dialed in as the good teams yet. Because Hopkins/Murray missed 3 weeks and then played a rain soaked game against the Bears (15 passes).

This was actually good work to get in. Now time to hone their skills for the big push.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Did you guys see that play where vance called the A gap blitz, and before the snap, Stafford audibled the RB to go right up in the A gap to stop Hicks (I think it was Hicks).

We fake that blitz all the time, but the one time we actually bring it, Matty somehow knew it was coming. He ended up throwing to Kupp for a first down.

Stafford played so well tonight. 139.2 QB rating.

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
And for the record, at LEAST 95% Cards fans tonight (saying the Rams had 5% fans in attendance is generous). They were loud, great game by the Red Sea.

So disappointing that they’ve lost 3 in a row at home…it’s such a head scratcher. I can’t just chalk it up to chance at this point. Why are they gripping at home???

Attachments

• F664A219-DFF3-40A1-BB78-79A34DCBBD15.jpeg
    F664A219-DFF3-40A1-BB78-79A34DCBBD15.jpeg
    458.2 KB · Views: 8
  • 0094B309-68F4-461B-B9D2-0121C02E88CC.jpeg
    0094B309-68F4-461B-B9D2-0121C02E88CC.jpeg
    496.6 KB · Views: 8

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
And for the record, at LEAST 95% Cards fans tonight (saying the Rams had 5% fans in attendance is generous). They were loud, great game by the Red Sea.

So disappointing that they’ve lost 3 in a row at home…it’s such a head scratcher. I can’t just chalk it up to chance at this point. Why are they gripping at home???
And BTW, this is the visitors side.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Good lord... 3 straight home losses in a row. That sucks.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well they should’ve kicked earlier before Prater’s last make but he was right to go for it on 4th and 1 the prior drive. 9/10 times Conner gets a yard.
Maybe right to go for it but absolutely the wrong play call they stacked the box you have to at lease fake to coin or roll out Kyler can easily out run anyone for a yard!

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This game was everything I expected of the Cardinals in a prime time game at home and exactly why we don't win a playoff game.

******* coaching decisions. Bad interceptions. Defence not showing up. Dumb AF penalties.

Awful.

RIP Kyler for MVP and the #1 seed

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Rewatched the AJ Green missed TD.

DJ Humphries gets driven right into Kyler. He's looking off the safety and DJ gets driven into his lap. Garcia whiffs, etc.

Kyler might have been off target but probably enough for AJ to catch it. However, that made it pretty much done.

Ertz play is a TD, but Donald dominates Garcia again. Helluva play by the HOF though to tip it as well. Still think you gotta double him so close to the endzone.

So yea those two big mishaps are upfront issues we have to resolve.