Panthers @ Cardinals postgame thread

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I don’t care what anybody says, I don’t want homefield advantage at all. If it means going into Lambeau in January, so be it.

Team operates so much different at home as opposed to the road.
This is cool to hear and makes no sense not to expect a home playoffs whatsoever.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Kliff has gotta get this team going at home. Last time the offense looked good imo was the Vikings game. Only thing wrong with that game was a poor throw from Kyler and missed face mask call.

We cant be on the brink of home field advantage and have the mindset that we'd rather play on the road. Thats the moment we get our doors blown off by Brady and the Bucs.

WE gotta make teams pay for traveling cross country.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Offensive game plan was dog **** again. We needed to grind it out and bet that PJ makes more mistakes than Colt. KK lost this game.
What people feared about the 49ers game happened here.

People just didnt believe the Panthers defensive hype was for real. It is. Sam Darnold was just too much of a disaster for them to overcome.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The only chance we had to win after that terrible first half went out the window when McCoy missed Ertz on the roll left play. Then next drive underthrew a wide open Wesley and then got hurt game over. terrible effort by the whole team

Why was Chandler Jones in coverage so much? Why did he keep losing contain on the edge on runs?

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
The only chance we had to win after that terrible first half went out the window when McCoy missed Ertz on the roll left play. Then next drive underthrew a wide open Wesley and then got hurt game over. terrible effort by the whole team

Why was Chandler Jones in coverage so much? Why did he keep losing contain on the edge on runs?

Just like the GB game, I don't understand why VJ didn't sell out to stop the run. Make the XFL superstar beat us throwing.

But I'm not a football coach, so I probably don't know what I'm talking about.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
And if we miss the playoffs by 1 game?
Well obviously then our main concern will be why the hell does every team kliff coaches completely collapse in the second half of the season.

But our second loss of the season... in week ten... to a team that likely isn’t making the playoffs won’t be an issue.... the six losses following it will be the issue

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wilson had a lot of bad games in a row down the stretch last season. Just because he had a bad game today doesn’t mean it’ll get offset next week.
He was coming back from weeks off due to injury. He will be sharper next week.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Kliffs first 15 plays are predictable, don’t even have to play the run, just hit the gas on all out pass rush. We can outperform defenses with Kyler, but not this defense and not with colt! It hit harder, stronger, well so did Green Bay. Looked like boys against men early.

I’ve begged for a balance run game attempts, and I don’t mean 50/50 but not 4 rb runs to 17 passes in the first half with colt McCoy. Just saying remains fundamentally stupid play calling, expect 0 yard incompletions, interceptions, sacks with colt or Kyler, would like to see Kyler get a chance to start a game earning play action.

Cards tackle trying strip which allows huge yards after contact, cards just skipping off ball carriers time after time. Panthers got the turnovers and then just trucked our entire defense - just stand on the side line pumping your arm to get them to blow the horn as they pass by!

really the way Green Bay and panthers beat cards physically, bugs me. I mean we can but we don’t, don’t think it’s a trap, or JJ. AJ seems to have checked out after the last game criticism, or maybe he still weak from covid? But he hasn’t seemed fully invested before that.

it came down to quicksand, colt specifically but really holistic. Panthers earned it, their best game all season - but should we not prepare for that every week? Cam juiced them, but I’ve fanned on through much worse. Chins up, ready to take a blow!

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
No throw away games. We aren’t good enough to think that way.
We are absolutely good enough. Our two top offensive players are hurt... three actually.... we got a beat up division rival next week then a bye.
So you play backups hoping maybe you pull out a win but it doesn’t matter... because you come out of the bye fully healthy and ready to make the playoff run to close out the season. Kyler Hop and Edmonds having nagging injuries the rest of the season can cost us a lot more than two games
Even if we lose them both we are still leading the division at 8-3

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I don’t care what anybody says, I don’t want homefield advantage at all. If it means going into Lambeau in January, so be it.

Team operates so much different at home as opposed to the road.
The way we play home vs road, I agree. We seem way more focused on the road

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave