Suns @ Lakers Thursday Playoff game thread 6-3-2021 - Game 6

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
I don't remember how consistently he ran back to get set on defense, but if he was doing that consistently instead of crashing the offensive glass, that's a strategic trade-off that can be the right decision depending on the circumstances.

My disappointment with Ayton in this game was that he didn't show up defensively. He was caught napping a lot of the time and got at least two of his three (!) total rebounds in the opening minutes. Gasol played only 18 minutes, so what was Ayton doing so far from the basket the rest of the time?

My opinion is that, at least in basketball IQ terms, Ayton can be a bit of an airhead... like he's sometimes not sure what to do or where to go. It seems to come and go randomly, though - which is the strange part. I really question the value of the "big man" coaching they are providing him.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those are their head to head averages? Man if we get that we might win in 5. But jokic is playing SO well right now.

Jokic has been playing superstar level. He deserves MVP of regular season without a doubt.

He is doing it in the playoffs as well. Need Ayton to play well.

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
Gasol played only 18 minutes, so what was Ayton doing so far from the basket the rest of the time?
I'd have to rewatch to confirm but the Lakers went small for large stretches while Ayton was in there in the 2nd half. He was guarding Kieff who was camped outside to open up the paint for the rest of the Lakers. Unfortunately Ayton couldn't really make them pay on the other end.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a screaming headache. Literally.

Hurts soooo good.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort