Cardinals at Panthers gameday thread 10-4-20

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Do we need an MVP candidate every year to compete for the playoffs? I don't think so...I also dont think that's why he was drafted. We need solid to pretty darn good. He has been that minus these last two games...imo.

You expect a QB you draft #1 overall to be one of the best QBs in the NFL, if he isn’t that is disappointing. He got so much offseason hype about following in the footsteps of Mahomes and Jackson but what we’ve seen so far is closer to Baker Mayfield year 2 than either of those 2 guys and yes I find that worrisome and disappointing. At this point his running ability probably has him in the upper half of the league in starting QBs but until his passing catches up that is about what we should expect and nothing more.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Couldn't watch the game until now. How does KM have 5 yards per completion on this game? Were all the passes in the backfield or what?
Pretty much....nothing down field....sound familiar. Bright side, though, no picks and high completion %.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Broseph

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
It's simple. Teams have figured out the limitations that Kyler has always had and know what Kliff is going to do.

Shade towards the hash marks and the underneath pass. Don't worry about the short or intermediate middle of the field. Because the linebackers don't have to worry much an out the pass they can fill the rushing lanes.

Yup, the book is out on how to beat this team and give credit to the Carolina coaches who figured it out. We simply got out coached and outplayed by the Lions and the Panthers coaching staff.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yup, the book is out on how to beat this team and give credit to the Carolina coaches who figured it out. We simply got out coached and outplayed by the Lions and the Panthers coaching staff.

Lions figured it out.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
There is zero chance we beat the cowboys or seahawks....so we are looking at being AT BEST 3-4 heading into the bye week. I don't see that being anywhere near playoff contention. With this part of our schedule, we needed to be 5-2

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Joy. Only losing by 10 after the Edmonds 10 yard touchdown catch. :)

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Edmonds so wide open on that touchdown.

Broseph

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
There is zero chance we beat the cowboys or seahawks....so we are looking at being AT BEST 3-4 heading into the bye week. I don't see that being anywhere near playoff contention. With this part of our schedule, we needed to be 5-2

Seahawks no, Cowboys thats a 50/50 game.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Idk about the cowboys. Their defense has been real bad, everyone is putting up big numbers against them

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You expect a QB you draft #1 overall to be one of the best QBs in the NFL, if he isn’t that is disappointing. He got so much offseason hype about following in the footsteps of Mahomes and Jackson but what we’ve seen so far is closer to Baker Mayfield year 2 than either of those 2 guys and yes I find that worrisome and disappointing. At this point his running ability probably has him in the upper half of the league in starting QBs but until his passing catches up that is about what we should expect and nothing more.
2 games man.. 2 games. He also got tons of hype in his first two games after his performances..for good reason. Sky isn't falling yet.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn