Got a Great Question Emailed to Me

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
You all know I tabbed Mayfield as the top QB last year. The question was if he was the available QB and Murray chose baseball would I take him and trade Rosen. I was confident Mayfield had the potential to be special. Of course you can’t cheat and consider Mayfield’s performance last year. He may not win a Super Bowl but he’s not a bust.

I’d stick with Rosen. I like making the defense playoff worthy with the first choice. I don’t think they’ll get a great trade offer. Even if KK fails, the defense will keep the 2019 team in most games. If they change coaches in 2020 they could take another QB (good pool) but Rosen could also adapt to most systems. The defense will be even better in 2020. The offense should improve with decent drafts this year and next. When you have a great defense anything is possible.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
How crazy would it be if this was all a shamockery and we had no intentions of drafting Murray? :)

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hmm.
When you have a great defense, running back,tight end and running back, all you asking you’re starting QB not to screw it. Just manage the game.
I’m fine with it but it is not exciting football.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Hmm.
When you have a great defense, running back,tight end and running back, all you asking you’re starting QB not to screw it. Just manage the game.

If it leads to winning boringly that's fine with me.Beats the hell out of losing with excitement.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmm.

It wins SBs

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah two or three times in the last 20 years has a below avg qb one the superbowl.

No thanks, I will try and get the top 10 qb.

And you’d be wrong... 6 SB victories in last 20 years by average or below average QBS.

Dilfer
Brad Johnson
Eli Manning x2
Flacco
Nick Foles
Add Peyton’s last SB

That’s over 30% of SB in last 20 years... I’d take that chance if you build a good roster.

Last edited:

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I know there is an old saying that “ a teams defense and running game travel well in the post season.” So that is a +

Borderrat

Veteran
Reaction score
So does the ***** QB known as McMahon agree. A great defense wins.

Cannot forget the 85 Bears. McMahon had his moments as most but without the defense the Bears do not make it to the Super Bowl.

The Bears pitched a shut out in the playoffs up to the Super Bowl and yielded only 10 points in the 3 games.

Give me defense. Give Rosen a chance and I am not saying just next year unless he really under performs.

I think it is a smoke screen in order to get a team to try and trade up with us.

Yes we signed Suggs. A temporary player for how long? Draft Bosa for the next 10 years. Or Williams. Happy with either.

Delmar M Lewis

All Star
Reaction score
Hmm.
But it's also Winning Football most of the time especially in the playoffs

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
And you’d be wrong... 6 SB victories in last 20 years by average or below average QBS.

Dilfer
Brad Johnson
Eli Manning x2
Flacco
Nick Foles

That’s 30% of SB in last 20 years... I’d take that chance if you build a good roster.

To be fair Flacco and Foles had postseason numbers for the ages the years they won it.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score

Dilfer
Brad Johnson
Eli Manning x2
Flacco
Nick Foles

That’s 30% of SB in last 20 years... I’d take that chance if you build a good roster.

You can also throw in Peyton’s last Super Bowl win, he was far from a top 10 QB at that point, his arm was about shot. The Broncos won it with a dynamic pass rush and running game.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn