Warriors @ Suns 2-8-18

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
As an Okobo fan before the draft I have to say he is showing me very little to believe he will ever be a quality nba player

I like Okobo and want him to do well but he's looked completely out of his element in almost every game I've seen him in on the main roster. Melton's injury has messed things up because Okobo should not be starting, at all. Start Crawford or anyone else. Okobo should see no more than 10-15 minutes.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Should’ve called TO before the Curry 3.
Crawford is -25.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Tyler Johnson now 1-7 and chucking up bad threes instead of passing the ball while slipping on defense.

In other words, exactly what I said the Suns were getting when they traded for him.

Numbers don't lie.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Bridges with an airball. Get him out. That's not how you follow up giving up a 3 to one of the best shooters in NBA history.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
That stretch with Crawford at the 5 minute mark sunk the Suns.

Too bad. They played really hard.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
For it being Tyler J first game I'm totally fine with him

That's one good thing about the deadline being moved up before All-Star weekend. That break gives a new player like Johnson a chance to familiarize himself with their new team. There will be like 6 days without a game and I know it's a "break" but they should have an extra practice at some point, and they can be run a little harder in that since there are no games.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was a good game. That's all I can ask for against the Warriors with three Suns players out.

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Klay is their best player. Curry is only showing up in 4th and KD lost all credibility just signing with them

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Final:

Warriors 117 - Suns 107

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
That's one good thing about the deadline being moved up before All-Star weekend. That break gives a new player like Johnson a chance to familiarize himself with their new team. There will be like 6 days without a game and I know it's a "break" but they should have an extra practice at some point, and they can be run a little harder in that since there are no games.

So he can jack up more contested bricks from 30 feet out while ignoring open teammates and having defensive lapses. Great.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Klay is their best player. Curry is only showing up in 4th and KD lost all credibility just signing with them

I agree with that, to a certain extent. Night in and night out I think that's true. Curry has been a bit lazy it seems since Durant joined. He seems content to play 2nd fiddle to KD but KD signed there to be 2nd fiddle himself, which is what a lot of their issues stem from. Curry's not an assertive alpha and neither is KD. Klay shows up night in and night out and balls out on both sides of the court while Draymond is just a head case, albeit a talented head case. If I could take one player from the Warriors and put him on the Suns though it would be Klay, for sure.

HeHasRosen

All Star
Reaction score
Tyler Johnson now 1-7 and chucking up bad threes instead of passing the ball while slipping on defense.

In other words, exactly what I said the Suns were getting when they traded for him.

Numbers don't lie.

Definitely has looked bad to end the game but its his 2nd day and 1st game with the suns. He looked fine in the first half. I think he was pressing trying to score and forcing it. I liked the zip he had on his passes. Ill wait to pass judgement

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
That stretch with Crawford at the 5 minute mark sunk the Suns.

Too bad. They played really hard.

On the plus side, once we have Melton, Warren and Booker back we will be able kick Crawford and Okobo out of the lineup and we will be 10 deep (9 deep assuming Bender also ends up out of the lineup). This team should be looking much better once that happens.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Warriors sideline reporter to Boogie Cousins right after the game "The Suns coach said it was their gameplan to attack you early, what do you think about that?" Cousins said "well that worked out for them didn't it? It is what it is?"

I'm still not sure how I feel about signing him but I can understand why he's well liked by players, he's a great interview and a funny guy.