2024 NBA Draft talk: Suns own pick 22

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Bronnys 40.5” vertical was actually a running vertical.

I think LeBum created a lot of buzz about him wanting to play with his kid. That planted the seed into the medias attention.

Then enough hype was built, they release the other statement saying that it wasn’t a priority to play with his son. The hype that has built up is enough to intrigue a team into drafting Bonny.

This is all sad because it takes away from others who actually deserve a shot. But good organizations should see through this bs.

Last edited:

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I see some shades of Robin Lopez in Edey's form but I wouldn't say he'll reach those heights.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was always thought he was wishful thinking. With his measurements and it being a weak draft, he'll definitely go in the teens.
Yeah, I don't even understand how he can fall out of the top 10 let alone last into the 20's. But he's consistently mocked out of the lottery so I don't know.

OP
OP
Phrazbit

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah, I don't even understand how he can fall out of the top 10 let alone last into the 20's. But he's consistently mocked out of the lottery so I don't know.

He can't shoot or defend outside 14 feet. Within that area, he's very good, but outside he's bad. I'd totally take him at 22, but there will be a lot of teams who can render him moot.

He also needs quality passers to get him the ball. If you either can't make entry passes to the post or the opposition is denying them, then he won't be able to impact offense, and if the opposition can force him to switch and defend outside, then he will be a liability on defense.

I'd still take him at #22 though... he would have been a helluva lot better against Gobert than Nurk was.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
He can't shoot or defend outside 14 feet. Within that area, he's very good, but outside he's bad. I'd totally take him at 22, but there will be a lot of teams who can render him moot.

He also needs quality passers to get him the ball. If you either can't make entry passes to the post or the opposition is denying them, then he won't be able to impact offense, and if the opposition can force him to switch and defend outside, then he will be a liability on defense.

I'd still take him at #22 though... he would have been a helluva lot better against Gobert than Nurk was.
IDK. His only real ability on offense looks like rolls to the basket, and hook shots in the paint. He's a taller Nurkic. I thought the Suns needed a guy who could stretch the defense shooting threes under Coach Bud's system? He would be OK as a back up big, but at this point, I would keep starting Nurkic. Supposedly weighs 300 pounds like Nurkic. We are trading the pick anyway. There's some tall PGs that are in our pick range. I'd rather go that route. No one like Edey will be available as a big where we pick anyway.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IDK. His only real ability on offense looks like rolls to the basket, and hook shots in the paint. He's a taller Nurkic. I thought the Suns needed a guy who could stretch the defense shooting threes under Coach Bud's system? He would be OK as a back up big, but at this point, I would keep starting Nurkic. Supposedly weighs 300 pounds like Nurkic. We are trading the pick anyway. There's some tall PGs that are in our pick range. I'd rather go that route. No one like Edey will be available as a big where we pick anyway.
Worst case scenario, IMO, is that Edey becomes a strong backup center. In a draft this weak he'd be one heck of a gift at 22. And I really think, no matter where he's drafted, that he'll eventually be ranked as one of the better players from this class. A long mobile center that can defend inside and out or a 2 way PG that is good enough to force Beal to the bench would be better picks for us, I just think it would take a magic ring to make anything like that happen from our draft spot.

OP
OP
Phrazbit

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I like Nurk's attitude, I like that he tries hard, I like his rebounding, he is okay at passing... that said; he's reeeeally bad on offense, even right under the hoop he misses a lot, his screens often lead to the ball handler getting doubled because Nurk isn't a threat to shoot or roll to the hoop. Defensively, he can muscle up to some of the more physical centers but teams that can stretch the floor rip him to shreds.

I'd have thought he'd be a decent match against Gobert because Gobert, similarly, has no range, but he got destroyed in that match up.

I don't know if they will find an upgrade from Nurk, but they need to look for one.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Lol. 6’9 to 7’4 comparison. He’s literally got 7 inches on drew.
But he moves in the same way Drew does. Unless he can dunk, he's limited on offense. Funny, I have watched highlight videos and haven't seen any blocked shots on them. Just a lot of dunks. I did say he would be a good back up, and that he would go higher than our pick, and that we were trading the pick anyway. I just don't think he's what we are looking for.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
But he moves in the same way Drew does. Unless he can dunk, he's limited on offense. Funny, I have watched highlight videos and haven't seen any blocked shots on them. Just a lot of dunks. I did say he would be a good back up, and that he would go higher than our pick, and that we were trading the pick anyway. I just don't think he's what we are looking for.
He’s a lot more skilled than drew. If you’ve only seen highlights you can’t appreciate his full game.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
He’s a lot more skilled than drew. If you’ve only seen highlights you can’t appreciate his full game.
Bottom line is he better than Nurkic? If not, and we keep Nurkic, we may have only upgraded back up center at best. We only have one or two moves about vet minimum this off season. We need to maximize those moves.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Bottom line is he better than Nurkic? If not, and we keep Nurkic, we may have only upgraded back up center at best. We only have one or two moves about vet minimum this off season. We need to maximize those moves.

He's not better than Nurk. He's a raw rookie. No one we draft will be better than Nurkic for at least 2-3 years, at best. That's wishful thinking. No one available at 22 will be a starter, nor should they be expected to be one.

We need a backup to Nurk, one that's better than Eubanks. Preferably a backup with a different skill set who can shoot 3's so we can change our style without Nurk in and match teams betters.

I'm not sure why you're asking if he's better than Nurkic though. Our options are extremely limited and that's been discussed. We aren't upgrading our C spot easily or at all, short of a KD trade. We're not going to be able to trade Nurkic for someone better than him. Why would the other team do that? No one else is helping us retool. We need to hit where we can and hope the small upgrades we make payoff.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Upgrading the backup center position would be a good thing. The Suns didn't have a suitable backup last season.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I just feel because of the development time of guys where we could draft in our spots, we will be trading those picks. I guess the best you could hope for,, would be to hold the pick and see who drops, but have tales predetermined based on if we want to trade the pick. Probably too much for a potential trade partner to want to wait. Of course the opposite is true, if someone becomes available we could really use, you jump on trading that pick.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Nurk is a solid player in the regular season but he’s a matchup nightmare for us in the playoffs especially the west. It’s hard to imagine not being stuck with him unless we attach both picks to his contract.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Edey would be a nice pick should he fall to our spot. And if not, there will likely be a few other guys that could potentially fit what we need and/or have long term development potential.

But that's all academic. Since James Jones will apparently still be in charge of the draft, fully expect the pick to be traded for a Torrey Craig 10th man type or otherwise wasted on another unplayable wing who will be out of the league in 3 years.