Thunder @ Suns 12-28-18 game thread

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Austin Rivers would’ve been better than Crawford.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Igors lineups are ridiculous

How the heck do you justify that lineup in the 4th quarter of a close game playing through neither Booker, Ayton or Warren.

This team seems to have some maturity issues when playing at home they seem less focused, almost distracted.

Allowed the team to completely fall apart in the 4th

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Final:

Thunder 118 - Suns 102

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
in a game where Booker is 6-18, this team has to figure out how to get Ayton going and run plays for him. The team has definitely played better as of late and I give Koko credit for that, but he's got to learn how to diversify his offense to get Ayton the ball more on offense.

Ayton did get the ball a fair amount and would pass it out even when he had the advantage. It was bizarre.

Good team offense for 3 qtrs. Start of the 4th, they played isolation and then the thunder made a run and it was over after that

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns are known to make lesser player stars and Nader did a number on them.

SunnyBaller

All Star
Reaction score
Ayton did get the ball a fair amount and would pass it out even when he had the advantage. It was bizarre.

Good team offense for 3 qtrs. Start of the 4th, they played isolation and then the thunder made a run and it was over after that
He passed up a couple shots but it was to a wide open three attempt, I would have rather him take them but it wasn't a horrible decision, he still needs to touch the ball more, his defense was great all game so that was nice to see

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Another horrendous coaching effort. Come on people. Hold the guy accountable.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

It was like the defender would get at Ayton's feet right near the basket and he would pass the ball out. In the future he might be better off to put the ball on the rim and chase after it.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
He passed up a couple shots but it was to a wide open three attempt, I would have rather him take them but it wasn't a horrible decision, he still needs to touch the ball more, his defense was great all game so that was nice to see

Hes right under the basket with a shorter guy on him. He needs to learn to take those shots

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
It was like they would get at Ayton's feet right near the basket and he would pass the ball out. In the future he might be better off to put the ball on the rim and chase after it.

How about some set offensive plays, especially in the fourth quarter, instead of straight Booker iso ball?

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
It was like the defender would get at Ayton's feet right near the basket and he would pass the ball out. In the future he might be better off to put the ball on the rim and chase after it.

Or better yet just go straight up. He has the advantage but he plays scared.

He is such a different player between halves. 1st half aggressive, 2nd half passive

SunnyBaller

All Star
Reaction score
Hes right under the basket with a shorter guy on him. He needs to learn to take those shots
I agree he should take those I think he thought he might get blocked from behind he did have Adams behind him, he wasn't the problem today though Melton and Crawford getting worked all game and not contributing much on offense is why they lost

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

He is such a different player between halves. 1st half aggressive, 2nd half passive

It would help if the coach took advantage of the aggressiveness and started running more plays for him.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

We agree. Take the shot in close and chase after a miss. He will know where the ball comes off the rim.

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Ayton 16 and 9. nice. 0 blocks, 0 fouls. not nice

also, not nice. Westbrook. he's the devil
i don't care for a ball **********
he does, all game long, what Booker does the 2nd half of 4th quarters

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I don't think scared is the right word but he does seem to lack the killer instinct at times.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
How about some set offensive plays, especially in the fourth quarter, instead of straight Booker iso ball?

We fell behind with Booker on the bench so that shows how much you were paying attention. The coach can call as many plays as he likes it's up to the players to run it.

I highly doubt the coaching staff is telling everyone to just stand still

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well, it wasn’t a terrible effort.

Bridges played great. Oubre stunk. Crawford grinds our offense to a halt. If it was me I would play Okobo over him.

Booker was inefficent, and ayton disapeared for large portions of the game. I wish they would go to warren more when booker is out.

Hopefully they learn from this.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
This is exactly the point in that article I just read. The player development coach h for the suns says Ayton does this all the time and they keep telling him “shoot it!” And telling him that’s what his teammates want him to do, and initiate contact to get to the free throw line. But ayton’s tesponse is “I think I am making good passes.”

I don’t care what you think big fella. Your coaches and teammates are telling you to dominate when you have a mismatch down low. DO IT!!!

Ayton had zero free throws tonight. ZERO.

I’m glad that his defensive intensity shown through tonight.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Killed on the boards tonight 49-34.

At one point I saw we had five in the floor with an aggregate of 23 rebounds and the thunder’s 5 had a total of 40 rebounds. That leaves a mark. A 16 point loss mark.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
We fell behind with Booker on the bench so that shows how much you were paying attention. The coach can call as many plays as he likes it's up to the players to run it.

I highly doubt the coaching staff is telling everyone to just stand still

Then he's not getting through to the players, which brings back to the communication issues...

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
This is exactly the point in that article I just read. The player development coach h for the suns says Ayton does this all the time and they keep telling him “shoot it!” And telling him that’s what his teammates want him to do, and initiate contact to get to the free throw line. But ayton’s tesponse is “I think I am making good passes.”

I don’t care what you think big fella. Your coaches and teammates are telling you to dominate when you have a mismatch down low. DO IT!!!

Ayton had zero free throws tonight. ZERO.

I’m glad that his defensive intensity shown through tonight.

How about this: The coach instructs him to go up strong or he can take a seat on the bench, and then if he's passive, bench him?

Someone needs to teach him properly.