X-Men 3

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought that the movie was average. Better than 1, but not even close to 2.

They left the door open for another film, but it looks like they are going to go to the spinoff realm with Wolverine and possibly Magneto.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pfffft...

This movie solved next to nothing. It wasn't awful, but the entire bridge scene was just terrible, especially when it suddenly turned from daylight to deep night in 2 seconds.

Spoilers in white.....

You never see a body for Cyclops. He could easily do a reappearance. Magneto moving the chess piece at the end means the cure is temporary. Professor X is shown alive at the end. It was a comic book ending where they can bring back whatever whenever.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chris_Sanders said:
Pfffft...

This movie solved next to nothing. It wasn't awful, but the entire bridge scene was just terrible, especially when it suddenly turned from daylight to deep night in 2 seconds.

Spoilers in white.....

Well, what do you expect, with the movie already making 120 million, they really needed to keep their options open.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will say that Kelsey Grammar as the Beast and the girl playing Kitty Pryde did an excellent job. Both stayed fairly close to character and were good editions.

The bad was Colossus still got jobbed on screen time. They honestly could have made the movie last an extra half hour and let us get to know the new mutants.

My guess is they will begin to rotate X-Men in and out. You will probably see the core team stay at 5-6 people.

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
I just saw this movie today with my brother and we both really liked it. Some people that read the comics and knew the story were pretty dissapointed, but since I didn't read the comics I liked it. The story, action scenes, characters were all good and there was even a little nudity. :D But anyways, it was all good. The only thing I didn't like was the female mutant that looked like a guy and Jean Grey looked pretty scary some of the time. The grade i'll give this movie is an A-. It was great all-around. I just have a question, were proffesor Xavier and Magneto related at all or just old friends?

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nasser22 said:
I just have a question, were proffesor Xavier and Magneto related at all or just old friends?

Old friends.

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
They're friends with different viewpoints on how things should be done.

Kinda like everyone in the P&R forum.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just saw it. It was the worst movie in the series, but I didn't hate it; I liked it okay.

The best fan-boy moment for me was when Dark Phoenix was ripping apart logan and he was putting himself back together: you could see his adamantium skeleton. Pretty cool.

I waited around for the final scene (after the credits). It was me and a handful of other folks in the theater waiting for it. Nobody got it. It was really hard for me not to turn around and explain it to them.

People are morons. :|

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pariah said:
Just saw it. It was the worst movie in the series, but I didn't hate it; I liked it okay.

The best fan-boy moment for me was when Dark Phoenix was ripping apart logan and he was putting himself back together: you could see his adamantium skeleton. Pretty cool.

I waited around for the final scene (after the credits). It was me and a handful of other folks in the theater waiting for it. Nobody got it. It was really hard for me not to turn around and explain it to them.

People are morons. :|

:biglaugh: Even my 10 year old cousin got it!

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shane H said:
Completely agree. Just got back. The movie flat out rocked! It was funny! Very entertaining! And the special effects and sound were incredible. Very much on par with the first two if not better. Heard two people as they were leaving the theatre saying they were going to come and watch it again tomorrow. Sometimes I wonder what some of you are looking for in a movie?

:thumbup:
DITTO!!!!

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
On second viewing, the movie was somewhat more palatable. Still not what I would call a solid movie, by far, but at least not nearly as bad as the Hulk.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Works for me.

Omega Red or Apocalypse as the next round of villians = :thumbup:

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Finally saw this in probably its final week in theaters.

While the effects were good, the writing was terrible and the movie seemed rushed to me. I did love the hints of the friendship between Xavier and Magneto, but it ended much too quickly. Felt like 5 minutes in, two of the major characters were already dead.

And what about Cyclops anyway? The guy is the freakin leader of the group throughout the comics, but ALL 3 movies ignore him. And because of that, what happens to him becomes more of a "so what?" rather than a "Oh my God!"

Definitely a bad 3rd movie, nowhere near the 2nd, and closer, but not as good as, the first film.

So I've now seen the big 4 (Pirates, DaVinci Code, Superman and X-men) and the order of enjoyment (Pirates, DaVinci, X, Superman). While I liked Pirates and DaVinci was intriguing, this has been a pretty disappointing summer so far.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
I just watched it. I have never read any of the comics, so I would have liked more information on who Multiple Man and Juggernaut are. They seemed to just pop out of nowhere and slide right in their roles. I still enjoyed the movie though, and I’ll probably sit down and watch 1-3 again before #4 comes out.

asudevil83

Reaction score
one thing that pissed me off in the movie was the use of Juggernaut. he could have been a badass character, but they turned him into some guy who runs over stuff. YEA!!!. i also hated the fact that he was affected by the child who eliminated mutant powers...when in fact he ISNT a mutant. and the ending battle between all the mutants was pathetic.

the movie itself was enjoyable, but extremely flawed. not anywhere near the calibur of the other films.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
one thing that pissed me off in the movie was the use of Juggernaut. he could have been a badass character, but they turned him into some guy who runs over stuff. YEA!!!. i also hated the fact that he was affected by the child who eliminated mutant powers...when in fact he ISNT a mutant. and the ending battle between all the mutants was pathetic.

the movie itself was enjoyable, but extremely flawed. not anywhere near the calibur of the other films.

For the purposes of a movie, it makes sense that they made him a mutant. The fact that his powers were magic would be a little difficult to portray in a good way, not to mention the fact that they would have a hard time explaining why a non-mutant joined forces with a group that fought for mutant supremecy.

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I'm REALLY late to the party, but I rented this today. I really enjoyed it, although I was hoping for Jean to overcome the Phoenix instead of her having to die. :(

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just watched it and am glad my feeling of "Better than X1, but nowhere near X2" is shared by others.

Juggernaught was awesome and Ellen Page is a great actress.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I'm REALLY late to the party, but I rented this today. I really enjoyed it, although I was hoping for Jean to overcome the Phoenix instead of her having to die. :(
*gasp!*

spoilers people!

just kidding

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
Just watched it and am glad my feeling of "Better than X1, but nowhere near X2" is shared by others.

Juggernaught was awesome and Ellen Page is a great actress.

Yeah, I re-watched this one after recently watching 1 & 2 and the dropoff is huge. Hopefully 4 is much better.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard