X-Men 3

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
For the next X-men movie, it looks like Storm is out and Colossus will have a bigger role. They have said if Gambit is involved in the story, he will have a very small part because his powers are simular to cyclops and his attitude simular to wolverine. Hugh Jackman may not to the next movie, which goes against what Fox said last year, they wouldn't do another X-men movie without Jackman as wolverine

There are rumors of a Wolverine spin off and a Gambit spin off.

Definately looking forward to these movies! :thumbup:

WaywardFan

Waywardier than before
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not surprised Storm might not be back. Halle is too big and probably too expensive. I imagine Jackman is probably in the same category. The difference is, I can see a different actress playing Storm. I can't see a different actor playing Logan.

I would LOVE to see more Colossus. I would also love to see Rogue post-Miss Marvel (I think that was her name. Carol Danvers?) That is really what I'm waiting for. Gambit I was never too impressed with.

I know they are going to pursue the Sentinel storyline, as well as the Phoenix storyline, but the Morlock eradication with Mr. Sinister and gang would be fun to watch.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Brandon_Webb
I'm sick of the freaking phoenix, that was the only damn episode they showed

Shhhh.

The Phoenix storyline on the big screen will likely do wonders for my old X-Men comics (bagged and boarded) especially 129-137. :cool:

Just as I'm hoping The Punisher will raise the value of my Amazing Spider-Man #129. :D :thumbup:

My name is BIM, and I am a comic book geek. :wave:

OP
OP
R

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Originally posted by Brian in Mesa
My name is BIM, and I am a comic book geek. :wave:

This sentence is interchangeable especially if you take out the words "comic" and "book" :D

OP
OP
R

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I hope they have the Sentinals in the next movie.... that'd be cool

HELLS YEAH!

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Famke Janssen on X-Men 3
Source: SHH!
January 10, 2005

Superhero Hype! talked to Famke Janssen and asked about the status of X-Men 3...

SHH!: Are you going to be involved in the next X-Men film?
Janssen: Don't know quite yet, but probably... I've heard things and they're developing the script right now, Dark Phoenix is part of that script.

SHH!: Would you miss Singer?
Janssen: Oh I would, yes. I think he made those movies (what they were).

SHH!: Who in the cast is coming back?
Janssen: Some people are because of signed contracts, and some people can renegotiate. So I'm sure it has to do with a lot of different things. I'm not contractually obligated. I wouldn't want to do a sequel for the sake of a sequel. Hopefully there's a good director involved or the character is fun to play.

SHH!: Is the film going to revolve around your character?
Janssen: I've heard things like that, but at the same time I'm realistic about knowing that they're going to have to give a bunch of people a good chunk of the movie for them to want to come back. And then there's going to be new characters introduced, so it's always a little tricky. If it's anybody's movie ever, it's going to be Wolverine's movie because that's the number one X-Men character. But we'll see. From what I've heard? Yes, she's a big part of it.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As I posted in the Wolverine thread, Hugh Jackman has formed a production company and will be heavily involved with X-3 and Wolverine. :thumbup:

Djaughe

Reaction score
It'll be cool if they get the hells fire club in the next movie....

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
WaywardFan said:
I'm not surprised Storm might not be back. Halle is too big and probably too expensive.

Man, maybe I see her career differently. She was catwoman for god's sake. Her career's in the crapper. She's about a year away from posing for playboy.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
vince56 said:
Man, maybe I see her career differently. She was catwoman for god's sake. Her career's in the crapper. She's about a year away from posing for playboy.

:lmao:

azdad1978

Championship!!!!
Reaction score
vince56 said:
Whats to pose though? She already showed us her chest at that movie with Hugh :shrug:

JPlay

JPlay
Reaction score
Gambit and Wolverine aren't that similar. Gambit is a cajun and a ladies man. Always trying to hook up with Rogue. He's cool as hell. And those cards he always pulls out are dope.

I would love to see iceman fully iced up and sliding around. They should have made nightcrawler way more misterious and weird instead of a puss.

More fight scenes are needed too. Bring in the Sentinals and Juggernaut.

And where the h*ll is the war room. That is like one of the most important things about the x-men training.

And why in the h*ll can't anyone fly. Didn't Storm fly. Maybe rogue hasn't got the ability to fly yet, but she should.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
JPlay said:
Gambit and Wolverine aren't that similar.
Yeah, Wolverine is pretty sweet, while Gambit sucks.

You're absolutely right that they're not similar, but I can't stand Gambit.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
X-Men vs. Superman

Battles rage between "X-Men" and "Superman."

by Gregory Ellwood
Special to MSN Entertainment
Feb. 3, 2005

You'd think a quiet announcement regarding the casting of Jimmy Olsen in Bryan Singer's new "Superman Returns" movie wouldn't amount to much. However, it sounded peculiar so I decided to investigate. The rumor mill speculated for months that Shawn Ashmore -- who starred as Iceman in Singer's "X-2" -- would play the energetic Daily Planet photographer. It was somewhat of a surprise then when the Hollywood Reporter announced Monday that Sam Huntington had been cast in the part instead. This is a huge break for Huntington, who hasn't starred in a major movie since 2001's "Not Another Teen Movie." He first gained attention for playing Tim Allen's son in "Jungle 2 Jungle."

According to my sources, 20th Century Fox nixed the idea of up-and-coming Ashmore starring in Warner Bros' new Superman feature. Fox is telling actors who have options for the third, untitled X-Men film that it will begin shooting June 20th. That conflicts with "Superman Returns'" spring shooting schedule, which is anticipated to go through July 30. Ashmore is one of the few actors in the X-Men franchise that is contractually obligated to two sequels (one already being in the books). The other actors locked in include Alan ******* (Nightcrawler), Aaron Stanford (Pyro), Anna Paquin (Rogue) and Rebecca Romijn (Mystique). ******* confirmed the June 20th start date while speaking to the press for "Son of the Mask" over the weekend. My sources also say that Hugh Jackman (Wolverine), who did not have a third sequel option, has agreed to a new contract for the movie and has approval on the new director for the series. Unless a miracle occurs, James Marsden has already been removed from consideration as Cyclops after he took a smaller part as Perry White's son in "Superman Returns." We'll see if Marsden's loyalty to Singer was a smart career move.

The whole situation reeks of bad blood on Fox's side. The idea that Ashmore's shooting schedule for a minor part in "Superman" couldn't be negotiated so he could participate in both movies is ludicrous. Studios work together to coordinate conflicts like this all the time. It's good business. Marsden's schedule could also be worked out, though I personally feel an actor with more range wouldn't be a bad idea. More importantly, there is neither a finished script nor a director on board for this new X-Men flick. Just last week, Zak Penn, who has a story credit on "X2," was brought on board to start a whole new draft. Does Fox really believe "X3" will begin shooting in five months? No. But after Singer spurned them for "Superman Returns" and a production deal with WB, they aren't going to do him any favors.

What about the rest of the mutant crew? Expect Ian McKellen (Magneto), Patrick Stewart (Professor X) and Famke Janssen (Jean Grey) to return for the right price. Yes, Jean Grey 's character died at the end of the last flick, but as any fan of the comic knows, a "Phoenix"-like resurrection should occur. And Halle Berry? Well, the gossip rags published numerous stories about her contentious relationship with Singer and unhappiness with the small roles in the previous films. The gossip was pretty much on the mark. However, Berry's celebrity helped "X2" achieve its massive box office (do you recall whose image was second biggest on the poster after Hugh?). And with Singer out of the picture, it's up to Fox as to whether they want to pay enough to bring her back. Considering the "Catwoman" fiasco, she'd be smart to meet them halfway.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Matthew Vaughn Helming X-Men 3
Source: Ain't-It-Cool-News
March 14, 2005

Ain't-It-Cool-News has confirmed that Layer Cake director Matthew Vaughn will direct X-Men 3 for 20th Century Fox. Bryan Singer directed the first two films of the franchise and is now shooting Superman.

The anticipated third film is expected to center on the Dark Phoenix saga. Both Simon Kinberg and Zak Penn wrote scripts, but the site says the studio will use Penn's draft for the movie.

In related news, while Hugh Jackman (who is also producing), Famke Janssen, Patrick Stewart, Ian McKellen, Alan ******* and more are all coming back, Halle Berry still isn't sure. She tells XMenFilms.net:

I have not read the script. All I have asked, is that if I come back as Storm, she need to be closer to the comic book. So, if they have in fact written her closer to the comic book character, then I'm in. If not, I'm out. I hope I'm in though. I love Storm, and really want to be part of the last film.

Fox and Marvel Studios are eyeing a Memorial Day, 2006 release date for X-Men 3.

:thumbup:

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Brian in Mesa said:
Matthew Vaughn Helming X-Men 3
Source: Ain't-It-Cool-News
March 14, 2005

Ain't-It-Cool-News has confirmed that Layer Cake director Matthew Vaughn will direct X-Men 3 for 20th Century Fox. Bryan Singer directed the first two films of the franchise and is now shooting Superman.

The anticipated third film is expected to center on the Dark Phoenix saga. Both Simon Kinberg and Zak Penn wrote scripts, but the site says the studio will use Penn's draft for the movie.

In related news, while Hugh Jackman (who is also producing), Famke Janssen, Patrick Stewart, Ian McKellen, Alan ******* and more are all coming back, Halle Berry still isn't sure. She tells XMenFilms.net:

I have not read the script. All I have asked, is that if I come back as Storm, she need to be closer to the comic book. So, if they have in fact written her closer to the comic book character, then I'm in. If not, I'm out. I hope I'm in though. I love Storm, and really want to be part of the last film.

Fox and Marvel Studios are eyeing a Memorial Day, 2006 release date for X-Men 3.

:thumbup:

Does that confirm that there will only be 3 X-Men movies?

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chaplin said:
Does that confirm that there will only be 3 X-Men movies?

I think it all depends on how 3 goes over. If it does as well as the first two, you know they'll keep making X films. There are too many storylines worthy of bringing to the big screen. Many characters that haven't even been brought to the screen, etc. I hope they keep making them.

I also think that's just Halle talking. Maybe she sees it as a trilogy, or maybe many of the stars were only signed through 3 films so she's making the assumption that the third will be the last... :shrug:

Jackman being involved as a producer is a positive. Besides that, he's going to be in the upcoming Wolverine movie too. :cool:

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Brian in Mesa said:
I think it all depends on how 3 goes over.

For some reason, this quote makes me laugh (not at you, just the idea of it). I don't think there is any question at all, for any reason, that #3 will make a ton of money. Regardless of how good a movie is, the quality of film has no bearing on whether a sequel would get made, it's all based on ticket receipts, and X-Men 3 is a jackpot, even without a script, director, or anything else outside of the actors.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chaplin said:
For some reason, this quote makes me laugh (not at you, just the idea of it). I don't think there is any question at all, for any reason, that #3 will make a ton of money. Regardless of how good a movie is, the quality of film has no bearing on whether a sequel would get made, it's all based on ticket receipts, and X-Men 3 is a jackpot, even without a script, director, or anything else outside of the actors.

I wasn't thinking financially, but more along the lines of how it's received. With Singer gone, if this comes off looking like a STV flick not on the same level as the first two, the stars may decide to move on to other projects. I don't see future X films without at least a few of the major stars sticking around.

JPlay

JPlay
Reaction score
Bring back the war room and put in more over the top special effects and fight scenes. That will make it great.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
JPlay said:
Bring back the war room and put in more over the top special effects and fight scenes. That will make it great.
You mean the danger room? It wasn't in any of the previous movies. I heard it may have ended up on the cutting room floor in X2 before it was fully "effected," though.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard