Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jones on Juggernaut and the X-Men Franchise
Source: Abyss
January 14, 2006

'Abyss' sent in this scoop to Superhero Hype! from across the pond:

I'm a huge comic book fan from Dublin, Ireland and I check your site everyday for all the latest comic book movie news. I've got some small X3 news for you guys, don't know if you've heard about this yet.

Vinnie Jones appeared this week on Irish television. He was interviewed on Irish station TV3 on 'The Brendan Courtney Show.' After his introduction, the recent X3 trailer was shown and then Vinnie discussed his part in the movie.

He said that his character was new and that there was "a lot of noise about it." He said that several of the scenes in the trailer, particularly the forest scenes, were filmed just before it was released.

He was asked about his superpowers in the movie and he said about Juggernaut that "when he gets going, he's just invicible...he runs through walls, smashes everything in sight...he gets asked to join Ian McKellen's (Magneto) band of warriors to take on the X-Men."

The host of the show said that it must be an actor's dream to play somebody invincible and then quickly asked could we see him going on to do more sequels. Vinnie Jones replied "I've signed for X-Men 3, 4 and 5...that's my contract...yes."

He also discussed briefly that he was onboard X-3 when Matthew Vaughn was director. He also said that he will be working with Brett Ratner again on Rush Hour 3.

Okay, that's it...I was quite surprised by the interview as he seemed very certain about doing more X-Men movies, I thought X-3 was the last in the series.

---------------------------------------------------------

Woohoo !! Bring on more X-films !! :cool:

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Evil Ash said:
-The introduction of Multiple Man (don't remember him)

Jamie Maddox, Multiple Man. He creates replicas of himself that are semi-independant. He's the poor man's Iceman in terms of personality, but since the movie's Iceman has no personality than maybe MM will be the joker of the group.

Saw the trailer. Made inappropriate animal-love noises. We're geeked out and shaking in the corner for is.

If there are Sentinels in the movie then they'd better have a metallic purple paint scheme and glowing eyes, otherwise I'm going to FOX studios with a torch and a vendetta!

Djaughe

Reaction score
In this pic from the trailer - is that Juggernaut next to magneto? (big guy to the far left):

Attachments

• jaugernaut.jpg
    jaugernaut.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 120
Last edited by a moderator:

Djaughe

Reaction score
Fastball Special?

Attachments

• fastball.jpg
    fastball.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 125

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Djaughe said:
In this pic from the trailer - is that Juggernaut next to magneto? (big guy to the far left):

Yes, in another scene from a trailer he's running through walls.

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
SuperSpck said:
Jamie Maddox, Multiple Man. He creates replicas of himself that are semi-independant. He's the poor man's Iceman in terms of personality, but since the movie's Iceman has no personality than maybe MM will be the joker of the group.

Saw the trailer. Made inappropriate animal-love noises. We're geeked out and shaking in the corner for is.

If there are Sentinels in the movie then they'd better have a metallic purple paint scheme and glowing eyes, otherwise I'm going to FOX studios with a torch and a vendetta!

If the screw up the Sentinels then I'm grabbing a torch too.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Assface said:
Kiss it. :moon:

BTW--Juggernaught looks like crap in the still. I haven't watched the trailer yet. Hopefully he looks better there.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pariah said:

BTW--Juggernaught looks like crap in the still. I haven't watched the trailer yet. Hopefully he looks better there.

:stupid:

He's supposed to be HUGE. :doi:

Attachments

• jose-vicente-torres-hernandez-3-s.jpg
    jose-vicente-torres-hernandez-3-s.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 191

jibikao

Reaction score
Chaplin said:
More "over-the-top" effects and fight scenes isn't going to make a better movie.

What they need to do is introduce maybe at most 2 or 3 new characters, and concentrate on the ones that are already there. Effects are worthless if the script is idiotic. Look at Last Action Hero! :D

I agree. In fact, one of my friends thought the preview look too "over the top", like Dragon Ball kind of style.

jibikao

Reaction score
Ok, I may be the only one here who has never read any x-men comics but I do recognize x-men characters and played several x-men games.

One stupid question: Why does Rogue look so different in the movie? In many games I've played, she is always this "super-woman" with great strength (and possibly flying in the sky). The Rogue in the movie is soooooo weak except for her kisses. She can't fight at all. Why is that? Has she not transformed or what?

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
jibikao said:
Ok, I may be the only one here who has never read any x-men comics but I do recognize x-men characters and played several x-men games.

One stupid question: Why does Rogue look so different in the movie? In many games I've played, she is always this "super-woman" with great strength (and possibly flying in the sky). The Rogue in the movie is soooooo weak except for her kisses. She can't fight at all. Why is that? Has she not transformed or what?

She's much younger than the one in the comics for starters. The Rogue most people know was when she was in her 20s in the comics, the movie has her as a teenager.

Combined with the fact that they haven't had her steal powers of Ms Marvel like in the comics (thats where she gets her super-strength and ability to fly).

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pariah said:

The Juggernaught does look terrible.

Remy should get his own movie anyway.

jibikao

Reaction score
Evil Ash said:
She's much younger than the one in the comics for starters. The Rogue most people know was when she was in her 20s in the comics, the movie has her as a teenager.

Combined with the fact that they haven't had her steal powers of Ms Marvel like in the comics (thats where she gets her super-strength and ability to fly).

So Ms Marvel is a super-woman type of character? Oh... no wonder the Rouge int he movie is so weak unlike the Rouge I see in fighting games. lol

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Heads up !!

There is an extra clip after the ending credits. While the clip is fairly short, it is quite significant in what it reveals. So, do remember to stay in your seat until you've seen everything...

:jedi:

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Brian in Mesa said:
Heads up !!

There is an extra clip after the ending credits. While the clip is fairly short, it is quite significant in what it reveals. So, do remember to stay in your seat until you've seen everything...

:jedi:

Can you give a spoiler alert and let us know what it was? The movie was so awful we couldn't bear to sit through the credits.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, am I to understand BIM and Stout have seen it? Stout didn't like it, BIM is not taling...

Gimme some (non-spoiler) details, damnit!

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Pariah said:
So, am I to understand BIM and Stout have seen it? Stout didn't like it, BIM is not taling...

Gimme some (non-spoiler) details, damnit!

Well, I haven't looked it up, but it seemed to me that the writer, director, and music director all changed--for the worse. The language was cheese-ball central, the directing not much better, and the music one step above Van Helsing. Is that enough non-spoiler detail? Ungh!

Edit: I was right: the Director, Writers, and Music Directors were all different...and it showed.

Last edited: