X-Men 3

Djaughe

Reaction score
lol...so the extra clip after the credits is the best part of the movie.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mike, had you not seen the previous two before, or are you just priming the pump?

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pariah said:
Mike, had you not seen the previous two before, or are you just priming the pump?

Seen 'em, but only once...my friend is watching as well, he's never seen them. Should be fun!

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Brian in Mesa said:
Heads up !!

There is an extra clip after the ending credits. While the clip is fairly short, it is quite significant in what it reveals. So, do remember to stay in your seat until you've seen everything...

:jedi:

Let me take a wild stab at this ... The clip involves Apocalypse being the villain in the next movie. Haven't seen the movie yet but thats my guess

Last edited:

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have yet to see it, just heard about the stuff after the trailer. We don't usually leave until the lights come on, just so we don't miss something. :D

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Stout said:
Can you give a spoiler alert and let us know what it was? The movie was so awful we couldn't bear to sit through the credits.

Same here. That movie was no where near as good as the previous 2. On the bright side it gives me hope the new Superman movie will be good.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Ok so I found out what the clip after the credits is.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

In the final minute after the credits, the camera zooms into Moria McTaggert and the brain dead patient that X-avier was using to teach at the school. That patient says "Moria" in a voice that was obviously X-avier.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
I liked it a lot.

Thought it was on par with the other 2.

Although they could have made it 10-15 minutes longer to dive into more of the characters a little more, mostly Angel and Leech. That was the only real major flaw that I can come up with.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
joeshmo said:
I liked it a lot.

Thought it was on par with the other 2.

Although they could have made it 10-15 minutes longer to dive into more of the characters a little more, mostly Angel and Leech. That was the only real major flaw that I can come up with.

So your theater wasn't filled with laughter at every cheesball moment? Wow.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
Stout said:
So your theater wasn't filled with laughter at every cheesball moment? Wow.

Dont know what theater you went to but the answer to that question is no. Half the theater even clapped (Which I hate by the way, no one who made the movie is there to hear it so shut up people).

Where these so called cheeseball moments came from I have the slightest clue.

To each is own though.

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It was a dark film. Dark films are usually strewn with a little bit of campy humor. It's counterpoint. Fight Club and the last Star Wars film come to mind.

We just saw X3 earlier tonight, all you guys complaining suck :D the film rocked, especially the ending. The sound effects, especially the sounds when characters were dropped on their back, well, the sound effects were a little TOO bone-jarring. Excellent work by the audio team on this movie.

boondockdrunk

Resident Drunkard
Reaction score
Good lord I am so tired of Hollywood Romance raping potentially good films.

Why do we need to make Rogue such a jealous and emo girl? In the cartoons, she had sort of the same psychology as Logan. Not this wuss who wants physical contact and is willing to do anything to be touched. She was supposed to be a lot like Storm's character was presented and not a feeble ****.

Hollywood is selling out in order to accommodate young teens that it is starting to become freaking pathetic. I know they have done it for years, perhaps even since their birth, but I really have had just enough. Sure there was a love triangle between Jean, Scott, and Logan. That doesn't mean that there needs to be another love triangle and lines that only the best of boyfriends come up with prior to jabbing 3 giant blades in the girl's chest.

Keep the romances in the movies designed for romance and keep the action in the movies written for action. I am an advocate for segregation in movies and when doing laundry. Stupid romances have ruined otherwise good movies recently: V for Vendetta, Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy, and X-Men 3.

I give this movie a 2 out of 5.

On a more positive note, Ellen Page really impressed me in this movie.

Last edited:

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
joeshmo said:
Dont know what theater you went to but the answer to that question is no. Half the theater even clapped (Which I hate by the way, no one who made the movie is there to hear it so shut up people).

Where these so called cheeseball moments came from I have the slightest clue.

To each is own though.

Pretty much every time a character spoke in an emotional way to another character. The music was also somewhat (though thankfully not quite) reminiscent of Van Helsing.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
vince56 said:
It was a dark film. Dark films are usually strewn with a little bit of campy humor. It's counterpoint. Fight Club and the last Star Wars film come to mind.

We just saw X3 earlier tonight, all you guys complaining suck :D the film rocked, especially the ending. The sound effects, especially the sounds when characters were dropped on their back, well, the sound effects were a little TOO bone-jarring. Excellent work by the audio team on this movie.

Completely agree. Just got back. The movie flat out rocked! It was funny! Very entertaining! And the special effects and sound were incredible. Very much on par with the first two if not better. Heard two people as they were leaving the theatre saying they were going to come and watch it again tomorrow. Sometimes I wonder what some of you are looking for in a movie?

:thumbup:

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
Shane H said:
Sometimes I wonder what some of you are looking for in a movie?

:thumbup:

Apparently its good music they are looking for.

:D

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
boondockdrunk said:
Why do we need to make Rogue such a jealous and emo girl? In the cartoons, she had sort of the same psychology as Logan. Not this wuss who wants physical contact and is willing to do anything to be touched. She was supposed to be a lot like Storm's character was presented and not a feeble ****.

She isnt the same Rogue as you know her though. She is a much younger Rogue who doesnt have all of her powers yet. She hasnt gone through a lot of the experiances that make her "hard" yet.

And in the comic books even when she becomes more "hard" she still is very much a wuss when it comes to being touched and longing for being touched and will do anything for it, which is what got her into a lot of her troubles.

The mistake of Rogue started with X-Men 1 when they made her a teenager. Whih made her limited for following episodes.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Cool effects, occasional funny one-liners, short of substance, writing a little weak, 6 out of 10 for the movie...

Boomer

Rookie
Reaction score
The writing was terrible.

The character development was terrible.

The music was terrible.

The action was great.

I guess it was an okay movie for me. Not as good as the first two, but worth the price of admission. Too bad, this film could have been a lot better than it was.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Boomer said:
The writing was terrible.

The character development was terrible.

The music was terrible.

The action was great.

I guess it was an okay movie for me. Not as good as the first two, but worth the price of admission. Too bad, this film could have been a lot better than it was.

Sounds like every other superhero movie except for Superman 1 & 2, Spider-Man 2 and X2.

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chaplin said:
Sounds like every other superhero movie except for Superman 1 & 2, Spider-Man 2 and X2.

Is Unbreakable a superhero movie in a way? I liked it...not the standard formula I wouldn't think.

Fishfan79

Reaction score
Worst comic book movie made since batman and robin, yes I went there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TCFyiB8Vzo

That is the only really kewl scene in the movie, if youtube isnt allowed to be posted here my apologies.

Story was horrible
developement was horrible
casting of characters was horrible
totally wrong compared to most of the characters in the comics
Acting was some of the worst ever

solid special effects, reminds me of matrix 2.

If you are a cyclops fan like me, dont bother.