Would you trade for Sony Michel?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
And what would you pay?

Firstly, I'm ok with our RB room but that's not to see I'm enamored with it. I would like a 3rd back with experience.

And I'm not blind to the fact that it could be a dumpster fire. Edmonds could fail as an RB1 and Connor could be pedestrian. Either or both are injury risks and even if not Connor is only on a 1 year deal.

Watching the Pat's highlights it seems to me Michels days are numbered. He rushing YPG has fell from 71 to 57 to 49 over his 3 seasons. Damian Harris seems to be the lead back and both Stevenson and JJ Taylor look like NFL players. They have James White too. With only 1 year left on his deal (The Pats declined his 5th year option) his time in NE is all but over and I imagine Michel wants out as much as the Pats want him gone.

Does he have any value as a reclamation project? His 1st 2 seasons were just below 1000 yards, although the 2nd one at only 3.7 YPC. Last year he had 5.7 YPC but only 79 carries. Which one speaks more to his ability? Plus injuries are always a concern with him with only 1 year where he played all games.

Is he worth a punt for a 5th or a late round pick swap? Considering we gave a 5th for Drake and Michel has done much more than pre trade Drake. He's worth a back end fantasy pick up as I think he will be traded and he might well end up getting a lot more carries than his current value.

(PS Keim would never do this but what else is there to talk about?)

Last edited:

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No, i would like a tigh end and considering jjwatt injuries record, i would try to sign geno Atkins

At rb we are set

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
He isn't very good.

I'm much more comfortable with the Cardinals RBs after Eno Benjamin's showing in preseason game 1. He looked decisive and quick. He looked much more like sophomore year Benjamin where he set the ASU rushing record than his junior year where he struggled a bit.

I think Ward can be an adequate 4th back as well.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Nearly but apparently not. Can't see him on their roster and he's still down as FA.
Good catch. Apparently they brought him in and then didn't sign but are keeping in touch.

@juza76 I agree that Atkins would be a good fit since he is still a FA.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
I love Sony. My Mom had a little 5" b&w portable TV she bought in the 70s. That was her only TV and it was left to me and lasted for way over 30 years without any problem whatsoever. I remember us watching All In the Family on it each week. She carried it around the house to whichever room she happened to be in or go to.

So I say, any chance you have to get a Sony product, go ahead.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I could see giving a 7th for Sony, but I think he's going to be let go. I'd love more upside at the position. We could probably just get him on waivers though.

Eno looked like he had some burst on at least one run, so I'm holding out hope, but I don't like any of our RBs, and seeing if Michel can be used differently would be intriguing. My dynasty team sure would like another RB with any kind of production, haha.

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Could see this coming a mile away. I actually wrote a post about it when Henderson got injured but deleted it because it was too obvious.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Saw a tweet, with another GM saying still has to pass a Rams physical and that he wouldn't be shocked if he failed.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Also, kinda ironic with the Rams going from 1 RB with bad knees (Gurley) to another RB with bad knees (Michel).

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
It's hilarious to me that people here are trying to clown the franchise who has owned us for the past four years(!!). They know what they're doing over there.

They've outscored us 91-281 in their eight straight wins against us. The only time they didn't score 30+ was because they were starting John Wolford.

They still won by 11 points.

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's hilarious to me that people here are trying to clown the franchise who has owned us for the past four years(!!). They know what they're doing over there.

They've outscored us 91-281 in their eight straight wins against us. The only time they didn't score 30+ was because they were starting John Wolford.

They still won by 11 points.

One of the best things the Rams have done is abandon convention when it's comes to scouting, drafting, trades etc. They don't do things because it's the way it's always been done.

My personal opinion is Sony Michel for a 5th + 6th is a bargain. He's a 1st round pick with plenty left on his tyres. For the Rams a little less so because they likely don't resign hit with what they get back from IR.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Golfermcr