WK 4-Arizona Cardinals @ LA Rams Pre Game Thread Sept 27 - Oct 2, 2021

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You'd think we were 0-3 with the comments here! 3.5 point spread in LA tells me all I need to know. Little positivity wouldn't kill ya!

Gonna be a good one. Measuring stick. Go Cards!

eh... I'm still expecting us to beat SF next week and go to 4-1. I just think the Rams are a terrible matchup for us and will continue to until I actually see otherwise.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've learned that when a spread seems like a no brainer - I'm usually on the wrong end of it. Or maybe it's just when I actually bet it.
I took the Rams at 6 and I’m still confident

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I think the line started out at 6.5. People must be betting the cards hard if it’s down to 3.5.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think the line started out at 6.5. People must be betting the cards hard if it’s down to 3.5.
seems like it is back to 4.

when you consider this is a rams home game, and the home team gets 3, it's pretty shocking Rams would only be favored by 1 on a neutral field.

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Really? Which ones?
Prisco & CBS have the Cardinals at #2
USA Today has the Cardinals at #5
SportsNaut has the Cardinals at #5
NumberFire has the Cardinals at #6
ESPN has the Cardinals at #7
Sagarin has the Cardinals at #7
TeamRankings has the Cardinals at #9
Five Thirty Eight has the Cards at #10

You must've searched desperately to find a ranking where the Cardinals were outside of the top 10. Great job!

...dave

Good research. I totally recant on this. I was disappointed looking at some power rankings after the first couple of games and seeing where they had the Cards. But I was obviously looking at these prior to the most updated rankings because they are mostly universally top 10 as of today.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good research. I totally recant on this. I was disappointed looking at some power rankings after the first couple of games and seeing where they had the Cards. But I was obviously looking at these prior to the most updated rankings because they are mostly universally top 10 as of today.
Yep the Cards started out in the teens but have been working their way up with each win... i was pretty shocked to see Prisco put them at #2, but they're in the top 10 in all the subjective and analytical rankings i've found. ... Which means nothing at this point, but it's still nice to see!

...dave

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
seems like it is back to 4.

when you consider this is a rams home game, and the home team gets 3, it's pretty shocking Rams would only be favored by 1 on a neutral field.
The old belief that "the home team gets 3 points" from the oddsmakers is very outdated - check my posts from a few months ago:

TL;DR:
In 2019, away teams actually outscored home teams, 5837-5831 (though home teams won 133 games vs. 122, with one tie). The betting line was -2.0.

And in 2020, a year with even further diminished HFA, home teams were again outscored 6351-6350, with a losing 125-130-1 record, while the betting line fell to -1.2.

So far this season, home teams are 24-24, scoring just under 1 point per game more than visitors. To the extent that the betting public is naïve to how things have changed over the last couple of decades, resulting in more money coming in on the side of home teams, oddsmakers might shade the line a bit - but here's a chart that shows how oddsmakers have set the line over the last 40+ years. 2008 was the last year when home teams were favored by close to 3 points:
avg_home_vegas_line_2-jpg.183409

...dave

Corbin

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Whats going on Gents? Rams fan here and excited for our game against you this Sunday! I’m curious to see how banged up your o-line is for the game. I’m a huge fan of Zaven and wanted him to fall by some miracle to us in the draft! Lol

I’ve been going to Cardinal vs Ram games in PHX since the ASU stadium days. I liked it better then! Big cheap beers! Lol I been wearing my Warner Rams jersey to your games as it seems most Cardinal fans are forgiving since it’s a Kurt jersey!

I see a lot of good takes here from some of you, and some…. Well…. Let me share whatever you are smoking! Lol Good luck and hope I hope no injuries for either side!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bet against them and it’s the only time I’m not mad when I lose money....

yup. it's kind of a way to hedge your sunday sometimes.

and even though I thought that -3.5 was very tasty, I'm still pretty excited for the game to see how we measure up.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, I personally would only take the bet at -2.5. But I won't do it, because I won't bet against the Cards.

This is one of the reasons I don't bet. I will never bet against a team I support.

Speaking personally, it takes the fun out of sports. JMHO

I'm not talking about an office type thing.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whats going on Gents? Rams fan here and excited for our game against you this Sunday! I’m curious to see how banged up your o-line is for the game. I’m a huge fan of Zaven and wanted him to fall by some miracle to us in the draft! Lol

I’ve been going to Cardinal vs Ram games in PHX since the ASU stadium days. I liked it better then! Big cheap beers! Lol I been wearing my Warner Rams jersey to your games as it seems most Cardinal fans are forgiving since it’s a Kurt jersey!

I see a lot of good takes here from some of you, and some…. Well…. Let me share whatever you are smoking! Lol Good luck and hope I hope no injuries for either side!
Welcome. Many of us don’t feel to confident about this game, mainly because of history. Kyler’s a year older, we added some weapons and bulked up our lines.
I don’t think you will slaughter us and if you guys don’t play your “A” game and we do, well then we’ll be in it till the end.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
This. I just have zero confidence in Kliff to inspire a 3-0 team to victory. This team usually gets super complacent and that's what I expect to see this weekend. An unprepared, egg laying farce.
Kliff shouldn’t have too. They’re not just professionals they are competitors.... beating the Rams should be something every one of them is highly motivated to do.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
This is one of the reasons I don't bet. I will never bet against a team I support.

Speaking personally, it takes the fun out of sports. JMHO

I'm not talking about an office type thing.
Oh I will and will openly root against my money. I would rather we win and my money goes bye bye. I've spent more on stupider things.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh I will and will openly root against my money. I would rather we win and my money goes bye bye. I've spent more on stupider things.
100% When I bet on the Cardinals to lose and they win it is truly the only time that I don’t mind. I’ve never been angry about it ever. I just revel in the win and Call it a day.... it’s a win-win if the Cardinals win I’m good if I win my money I’m good but still feel like **** the rest of the day so the money helps. Lol

Last edited:

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson