Wk 17-Arizona Cardinals @ Dallas Cowboys Pre Game Thread. 12/27/21-01/01/22

MadJack

Veteran
Reaction score
So, I’m one of 300 or so Cards fans joining the Birdgang Travel Club for this weekends game in Dallas and couldn’t resist bringing my banner there for the various parties. You may even catch a glimpse of it on the Channel 12 sports broadcasts with Cameron Cox!
You must be registered for see images attach

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know Im probably wrong, but it sure seems like we're the only team that drafts guys in the 1st round to play the wrong (or not best suited) spot lol

and we've done it throughout Keim's time dating all the way back to Deonne Bucannon with his first pick in 2013. Then same happened with Reddick, the last two picks. It's just stupid.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
100% agree. K1 wants nothing to do with Josh Jones on Oline let alone left tackle. His already been chewing him out for nearly the whole season lmao
TBF he seems much better at tackle than guard. However, yea Kyler is going to have to keep his head on a swivel with Parsons.

I think now the key is running the ball. Kyler wasnt great throwing it last year against them and we dominated. I've disliked the read option stuff, but it might be time to rely on it to slow the rush down. Kyler is going to have tough this game out.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hey, Draymond, do you think we'll see lots of Collins lined up with Hicks and Simmons to OLB?
TBF he seems much better at tackle than guard. However, yea Kyler is going to have to keep his head on a swivel with Parsons.

I think now the key is running the ball. Kyler wasnt great throwing it last year against them and we dominated. I've disliked the read option stuff, but it might be time to rely on it to slow the rush down. Kyler is going to have tough this game out.
Need to play with additional OL.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Fiddlesticks. Run the damn ball 5 times a quarter with Conner and add some chase and knock the living snot out of them. I remember when we were in the NFCE, I bet 10 push ups per point difference against the cowboys with my cousin Robert. I had some big ole arms.

don’t want them to win another game, ever. Conner can take on parsons, not sure anyone else can, but challenge chase, be nice to see him knock the air out of him, or out quick him, tackle air, any way would like air involved. Haha

our biggest problem is beating ourselves, greedy play calling, feast or famine, penalties, sacks, turnovers and yes incompletions are 0 yard plays, at higher risk for negative consequence. Meaning most NFL games are determined by negative plays, more then positive plays.

good thing is we play better as underdogs, Kyler tried to change that, but hasn’t done so yet, when he said undefeated felt normal to him. didnt bother him at all.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I got ya Ouchie. I was speaking to the fact that players do pay attention to things being said in the media, sometimes to a fault. I can say the there were some players for the various 4 teams here that spoke of how much they hated the fans while hear, but I would agree that it's not a direct tie in to the on-field play.
Yeah but literally every team has their share of vocal fans on Twitter that say awful things about the players. Personal things. All teams. No one team has it any worse than another. And certainly not the cardinals.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Let me put it another way: if you’re the Cards’ staff, what needs to happen for us to win the game?

If it’s we force multiple turnovers and create none, that’s essentially magical thinking because you’re depending on your opponent to make unpredictable errors.

If both teams play their best game, who wins? I think it’s prolly Dallas close.

If both teams play their worst games, who wins? I’m guessing Dallas the other way because they can just settle for the run and we can’t stop it.

So we have to play our best game and Dallas has to play their worst game to win.
That’s not exactly sound reasoning. First, if they play their worse and we don’t we can win based on your reasoning. Second it’s not a binary (best or worst) equation with a myriad gradations between the poles.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s not exactly sound reasoning. First, if they play their worse and we don’t we can win based on your reasoning. Second it’s not a binary (best or worst) equation with a myriad gradations between the poles.
Hence my post :)

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fiddlesticks. Run the damn ball 5 times a quarter with Conner and add some chase and knock the living snot out of them. I remember when we were in the NFCE, I bet 10 push ups per point difference against the cowboys with my cousin Robert. I had some big ole arms.

don’t want them to win another game, ever. Conner can take on parsons, not sure anyone else can, but challenge chase, be nice to see him knock the air out of him, or out quick him, tackle air, any way would like air involved. Haha

our biggest problem is beating ourselves, greedy play calling, feast or famine, penalties, sacks, turnovers and yes incompletions are 0 yard plays, at higher risk for negative consequence. Meaning most NFL games are determined by negative plays, more then positive plays.
This. I posted a thread titled Mistakes”.
good thing is we play better as underdogs, Kyler tried to change that, but hasn’t done so yet, when he said undefeated felt normal to him. didnt bother him at all.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Getting hard to keep up how many guys out with Covid now? Hump is out, but we get Hudson back. Is Golden going to play?
Hump is out? Great. As average as he was this year we don’t have anyone to keep parsons off Murray if that’s the case. Will kliff be wise enough to maybe give more protection?

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Obviously it’s a crude heuristic. The question is how close would they have to play to their worst game for us to beat them with our average game (and conversely how close to our best game would we have to get to beat their average game)?

Even in the crude hueristic though, a 25% chance to win isn’t great.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score

Preach brother, we have the damn backs to run the ball and it's the other side of the coin now with our CBs being out, keep the ball out of their hands

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Obviously it’s a crude heuristic. The question is how close would they have to play to their worst game for us to beat them with our average game (and conversely how close to our best game would we have to get to beat their average game)?

Even in the crude hueristic though, a 25% chance to win isn’t great.
I can’t argue with that. Particularly with hump out.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave