WK 6-Arizona Cardinals @ Cleveland Browns Pre Game Thread Oct 11- Oct 16, 2021

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought they had some starters out on defense? Did I read that wrong Shane?
Nope all but a CB playing from what I read. They are missing Nick Chubb and both starting offense of tackles though.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Nope all but a CB playing from what I read. They are missing Nick Chubb and both starting offense of tackles though.

I wouldn't be surprised if one of the CBs went out of the game. Sounds like one or both were borderline.

Could say same about us though.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
20 to 22mph winds today. The Over/Under was just moved from 54 to 48. This may be a week where our horizontal game gets to shine. Not sure how pretty things will look though. A sunny and pleasant day in the 60's is probably more than we could have expected this time of year though. Hopefully Kyler's spiral can cut through some of those gusts.

Bkbobo

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
4 1/2 hours to kickoff it is cloudy, a little breezy, and it sprinkling rain and sleet. Not sure how the field looks.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
20 to 22mph winds today. The Over/Under was just moved from 54 to 48. This may be a week where our horizontal game gets to shine. Not sure how pretty things will look though. A sunny and pleasant day in the 60's is probably more than we could have expected this time of year though. Hopefully Kyler's spiral can cut through some of those gusts.

Mayfield's arm is good but not great. Plus it's banged up too.

If we could get him to turn it over a couple of times (as he is wont to do), it would really help things out of course.

Edit: Hopefully we have a our ball hawk (#7) back out there today. Hopefully Murphy can add another INT to his stat sheet.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
With Chubb and both at of their starting Tackles out. It’s gonna be hard to use injuries and Covid as an excuse. JMO
Maybe just Conklin. Wills has been playing hurt the whole year & has been a liability. Losing Chubb shouldn’t matter that much when they still have a top 6-7 RB in their back-pocket.

And they damn near have their whole starting defense back, lol.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Mayfield's arm is good but not great. Plus it's banged up too.

If we could get him to turn it over a couple of times (as he is wont to do), it would really help things out of course.

Edit: Hopefully we have a our ball hawk (#7) back out there today. Hopefully Murphy can add another INT to his stat sheet.

Baker has a gun but he’s got to be set. I’ve been impressed with his arm since college. @SoonerLou

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Baker has a gun but he’s got to be set. I’ve been impressed with his arm since college. @SoonerLou
Baker is maybe the best seam thrower I've seen in college in a long time. However, you are right that he has to be set. Where Baker gets in trouble is when he extends plays and gets off balance.

He'd be really good in a structured offense like McVay's or Shanahans. He's got the proper mobility for that. Its when he's asked to be Russell Wilson that gets him in trouble every now and then.

Reaction score
I don’t know if my pick is all that serious. I think I’ve decided to become a Kool-Aider for any of my teams that show even just a shred of being a contender. Maybe it’s the whole pandemic and learning to appreciate things in the moment more... or maybe it’s just that the Suns and Cardinals actually look GOOD again and it’s been so long since that happened... for either team, much less both at the same time, that I’m gonna ride whatever wave until it crashes and do so with stupid smile on my face.

This post brought a little tear to my eye. :)

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This post brought a little tear to my eye. :)

I think people forget how hog wild I go for our teams when they’re actually good. Probably because it so rarely happens. But, because we’ve had such long droughts of contenders, absence has probably made my heart grow fonder quicker than it used to. Unfortunately, good to possibly great teams have become such a rarity for Phoenix sports that I’m appreciating what we have when we have it.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I was going to say if Kyler somehow wins this game he's gotta be the MVP favorite. Then Im watching Lamar shred the Chargers and say maybe not. Well then again maybe the Browns arent as tough I thought.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson