Wk 9-Arizona Cardinals @ SF 49ers Pre Game Thread Oct 29-Nov 6, 2021.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Weren't we without Kirk and Fitz week 17 last year? So there is a history there. At least if Hudson is back our Oline will protect him better.

That was win or go home though. This isn't

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Green and Hop are out, IMO that's all the more reason for Murray to play, if he can protect himself. The backups will need a more accurate QB, to be successful.
agree... and we’ve seen what all world QBs can do with lesser talent at WR. Brady and Rogers have done it for almost 2 decades.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
agree... and we’ve seen what all world QBs can do with lesser talent at WR. Brady and Rogers have done it for almost 2 decades.

yup. Rodgers is now 7-0 the last three years without Davante Adams, putting up big to solid numbers in every single game.

the best QBs elevate those around them. If Kyler's healthy, hopefully we see him join that group who can do the same.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Talented QBs make bad WRs better.... we’ve seen it for years with Brady and

100%...Look, McCoy has taken all the 1st team reps this week, so if Murray can go, let him go...If he's getting beat up/can't defend himself then you put McCoy in. Right now I'm seeing a lot of RB screens, WR screens, end arounds to Moore...and TE slants to Ertz coming up Sunday. If Kirk happens to get loose and bust coverage, then maybe Murray pops one deep, but other than that just play the short game and play keep away with the Niners.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
yup. Rodgers is now 7-0 the last three years without Davante Adams, putting up big to solid numbers in every single game.

the best QBs elevate those around them. If Kyler's healthy, hopefully we see him join that group who can do the same.
As @BritCard was saying earlier the key is establishg the run early and then open up. We tend to throw early and then pound the rock late. Which is fine cause our WR room was loaded.

Packers had a smart gameplan for them missing multiple wrs. We cant afford 3 an outs early because we are trying to replicate what we do with Hopkins/Green.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I got another jersey bet with my son on this game. They better not make me have to buy a niners jersey.

Caveat.... the jersey has to be of a player that has stats in this game.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got another jersey bet with my son on this game. They better not make me have to buy a niners jersey.

Caveat.... the jersey has to be of a player that has stats in this game.

Garoppolo stat line
0-42-5

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I'm not a stat guy and I didn't know how to write it, so I was trying to say no completions with 5 picks. Add 12 sacks for me please

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I'm not a stat guy and I didn't know how to write it, so I was trying to say no completions with 5 picks. Add 12 sacks for me please
It would be nice if we could go in there short handed and pull off a massacre wouldn’t it? Like 38-10 or something?
Mi sent my boy an email and asked him to get cocky and talk some smack to help me get up for the game, lol

Reaction score
He's going to start.

I thought this was interesting.

''Weinfuss noted Murray leads the league by completing 77.4% of his passes in the pocket and "also has the league's lowest off-target percentage from the pocket, along with the highest adjusted completion percentage, lowest contact and lowest contact percentage from the pocket."''

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He's going to start.

I thought this was interesting.

''Weinfuss noted Murray leads the league by completing 77.4% of his passes in the pocket and "also has the league's lowest off-target percentage from the pocket, along with the highest adjusted completion percentage, lowest contact and lowest contact percentage from the pocket."''
Most analysts still focus on his legs. His passing accuracy this year has been pretty awesome but still flys under the radar.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think both Kyler and Nuk play now. Although I expect Nuk might play less snaps than usual.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media