Wk 8-Green Bay Packers @ Arizona Cardinals Pre Game Thread Oct 25 - Oct 27, 2021

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This is good right? :shrug:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
You must be registered for see images attach

But yea we're still not quite Bucs/Rams level yet on offense. Although the potential is there. Just gotta cut out those 1 or 2 bad drives.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
AJ with 4 yards on Thursday will surpass Larry's yardage in 2020 & is averaging over double the yards per catch so far. I know some still had Larry over AJ preseason but it's been a no contest so far tbh
I mean this was the argument all offseason about Green. All he had to do was exceed Larry's contributions and it would be a fairly successful signing. He will smash Larry's contributions.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

But yea we're still not quite Bucs/Rams level yet on offense. Although the potential is there. Just gotta cut out those 1 or 2 bad drives.
The difference is really that the Cardinals aren't rely playing any close games. You don't put up the same numbers when you're running out the clock in 6 out of 7 games.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

How are we not Rams level yet on offense lol?

Played better defenses while still looking fantastic outside of the SF game.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
How are we not Rams level yet on offense lol?

Played better defenses while still looking fantastic outside of the SF game.
Our oline is as good as the Rams?

Stafford never gets sacked. And maybe doesnt run into sacks like Kyler has so far.

We tend to have one drive killed by either the Oline/QB getting sacked the last few games.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Us, Bucs, & Dallas how spread the ball around while LA really looks like Kupp & friends.
I dont disagree with that. Those other teams QBs rarely get sacked though.

Brady 9 (keep in mind he's on pace to break the yards record)
Dak 8
Stafford 7

Kyler 16

There's nothing wrong with saying we just gotta clean up things a little

Son of RedRage

All Star
Reaction score
So apparently the fan has recieved-

Autograph Jersey from both Brady and Evans (plus Evans game cleats)
$1000 stadium shop credit
2 seasons of tickets
1 Bitcoin
There is probably more....

And he is requesting 1 more item- a round of golf with Brady!
If that fan is smart, he sells that bitcoin immediately.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Our oline is as good as the Rams?

Stafford never gets sacked. And maybe doesnt run into sacks like Kyler has so far.

We tend to have one drive killed by either the Oline/QB getting sacked the last few games.
When I was at the Rams game, they kept showing how long Stafford held onto the ball on the jumbotron and a lot of his completions were low 2 seconds.

McVay's offense is designed to quickly get a guy open and for the QB to get the ball out of his hands. As much as I like Kingsbury's offense, it's no where close to as efficient as McVay's.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I dont disagree with that. Those other teams QBs rarely get sacked though.

Brady 9 (keep in mind he's on pace to break the yards record)
Dak 8
Stafford 7

Kyler 16

There's nothing wrong with saying we just gotta clean up things a little
Some of those sacks are on Murray man. For as many as he avoids, he also runs into sacks too. A normal QB probably gets sacked four less times.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some of those sacks are on Murray man. For as many as he avoids, he also runs into sacks too. A normal QB probably gets sacked four less times.

Normal? <insert stupid meme asking what is normal>

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

The Garcia thing is by far the biggest issue IMO. I looked, near as I can tell Sean Harlow has never played a game at Center in his career. He practiced at C in college but only as an emergency backup, and he was the backup to the backup in Atlanta, in fact the Falcons were so disappointed with him literally the only reason he didn't get cut by them earlier is he could in an absolute emergency play C.

If Max can't go you have a guy who's never snapped a ball in a game at any level, in an offense where almost every snap is in a gun. And remember we've been having snap issues all year with both Hudson and Garcia, now imagine a guy who's never played C in a game doing it.

This game is going to be very interesting.

Reaction score
1) Hope like hell that Max Garcia can go!
2) If not and Harlow is struggling with long snaps, best option would be:
3) Move Pugh to center and Harlow can play at guard. But that remains the 3rd option because then you're changing up two positions instead of one and, as most of us know, consistency of personnel on the OL is of primary importance!

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's not just that, he has run out of bounds behind the line of scrimmage at least 3 or 4 times as well - those count as sacks - and make me scream at the TV every time he does it.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Stat vs health.

Hmm? I'll go with health.
I hate it too. Hopes he stops doing it. However, that play against the Browns (did get a roughing the passer tho) where he got hit is probably why he doesnt do it enough. Probably moving so fast its hard to get the throw away and avoid contact on the sideline.