WK 6-Arizona Cardinals @ Cleveland Browns Pre Game Thread Oct 11- Oct 16, 2021

HammerCards

Veteran
Reaction score
Anyone else thinks this motivates the team with a “nobody believes in us” type mentality? Outside of a play calling catastrophe, I think we have a real shot.

The number is still only 3.5? Hmm that’s interesting

TaylorSwift

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
These guys are young grown men, it will bring them together. Adversity has a habit of doing that.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Man you guys are confident we score in the 30s. I hope so. We do that we win.

Just concerned its going to be a grind with the Browns defense + no Kliff calling plays. Kugler concerns me a bit. Hope Kyler knows when to just take over in terms of knowing when to run no huddle + audible.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think this game goes one of two ways. Either the cards get humiliated, or they gut out a win surprising everyone but the players themselves.

hoping for the later, expecting the former.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man you guys are confident we score in the 30s. I hope so. We do that we win.

Just concerned its going to be a grind with the Browns defense + no Kliff calling plays. Kugler concerns me a bit. Hope Kyler knows when to just take over in terms of knowing when to run no huddle + audible.
I don’t know if my pick is all that serious. I think I’ve decided to become a Kool-Aider for any of my teams that show even just a shred of being a contender. Maybe it’s the whole pandemic and learning to appreciate things in the moment more... or maybe it’s just that the Suns and Cardinals actually look GOOD again and it’s been so long since that happened... for either team, much less both at the same time, that I’m gonna ride whatever wave until it crashes and do so with stupid smile on my face.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I think this game goes one of two ways. Either the cards get humiliated, or they gut out a win surprising everyone but the players themselves.

hoping for the later, expecting the former.
We ain’t getting humiliated.
The defense sees the offense may be hampered with the loss of kliff so those guys are already in the mindset that they have to step up.... shut the Browns down.... and maybe even win the game... these guys will be motivated...
Kyler knows the offense.... and he knows that situations like these?? That’s how legends are made

So sorry Cleveland... no easy pickings this week

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Both tackles should be out

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Injuries on both sides. I still carry faith in the team. Cards 24-17. Bank it.

:stick:

If it was just some players missing I'd say them missing Chubb and both starting tackles was a bigger deal than the players we have missing and we might edge the win.

But Kliff being out is a big deal. Missing your play caller and having no obvious replacement is a big handicap. And this idea of everyone will have a hand in it seems like a recipe for disaster. So it's 3rd and 3 and you have Colt McCoy saying run Dagger 54 Right, Kugler saying run it and Kyler saying he want's something else? There has to be a primary play caller, you can't have all these voices going on.

Kugler has been a college head coach, he's been round the NFL, he knows the play book. He's the only guy should be calling plays, and maybe between drives when the defense is on the field McCoy and Kyler can have a conflab about the next drive. Then maybe we have a chance, but still odds against with Kliff out (and Cam Turner too).

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
If it was just some players missing I'd say them missing Chubb and both starting tackles was a bigger deal than the players we have missing and we might edge the win.

But Kliff being out is a big deal. Missing your play caller and having no obvious replacement is a big handicap. And this idea of everyone will have a hand in it seems like a recipe for disaster. So it's 3rd and 3 and you have Colt McCoy saying run Dagger 54 Right, Kugler saying run it and Kyler saying he want's something else? There has to be a primary play caller, you can't have all these voices going on.

Kugler has been a college head coach, he's been round the NFL, he knows the play book. He's the only guy should be calling plays, and maybe between drives when the defense is on the field McCoy and Kyler can have a conflab about the next drive. Then maybe we have a chance, but still odds against with Kliff out (and Cam Turner too).
I can't argue with any of that. Still...we win.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
I know it's a cliché, but we really, really, need to be able to run the ball today. We need to average at least 4.0 a carry, or I think we lose. Bash away at their weakened defense to keep their offense off the field, and protect our defense. Shorten this game, and get out of dodge asap.

But, with two of our best blockers out... dammit.

DJ and Pugh are blocking well on the left side. Try to run it that way I guess.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

It's either Kugler or Spencer Whipple in KM's ear, not both, and as it's one-way communication KM has nothing to say; he can audible, however.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know it's a cliché, but we really, really, need to be able to run the ball today. We need to average at least 4.0 a carry, or I think we lose. Bash away at their weakened defense to keep their offense off the field, and protect our defense. Shorten this game, and get out of dodge asap.

But, with two of our best blockers out... dammit.

DJ and Pugh are blocking well on the left side. Try to run it that way I guess.
What weakened Defense?