Who's your candidate to take over as GM?

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Legit NFL franchises booting an entire season for a transitional period after back to back to back second half season collapses is delusional fantasy.
You aren't saying we are a legit franchise, are you?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The only way that this would be worse, is that Keim is somehow retained.
It would be the greatest single example of how horrendous Mike Bidwill is an owner who values money over winning.

This team has now gone 2-5, 1-6 and 1-9 to end the last three seasons. Hasn’t won a playoff game in SEVEN YEARS. Has only been in one playoff game since 2016 and got utterly humiliated.

But sure, let’s just get rid of the GM and HC, but keep everyone below them. Should be fine.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
He asked how you became a cardinals fan. A historically poor team from an area to which you seemingly have no connections does seem like an odd choice. He wasn’t questioning your fandom but rather was curious how someone from Quebec ended up choosing the cardinals.

In the 1970s, the US network affiliates we had access to were based in the northeast. CBS had the NFC East, NBC the AFC East and ABC gave us Monday Night Football. As such, I became a fan of the St-Louis 'Cardiac' Cards in the NFC and the Bills in the AFC.

P.S. And I played for the Cornell BIG RED. :)

Last edited:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
In the 1970s, the US network affiliates we had access to were based in the northeast. CBS had the NFC East, NBC the AFC East and ABC gave Monday Night Football. As such, I became a fan of the St-Louis 'Cardiac' Cards in the NFC and the Bills in the AFC.
Ah, born of the ‘70s cardiac cards. Makes sense. Thanks!

Do we have any non-AZ cards fans who caught on in 90s? That would be a curious group. I could see becoming a cards fan in the 70s due to the cardiac cards. And in the 80s with the brief light that was the Neil lomax-Roy green-jt smith-stump Mitchell squad. But the 90s were so dark. Averaged 10 losses per year over that decade.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Front office

Owner/chairman/president – Michael Bidwill

General manager – Quentin Harris

Senior Vice president of player personnel & Asst. GM – Adrian Wilson

Senior personnel executive – Terry McDonough

Director of pro personnel – Dru Grigson

Director of college scouting – Chris Culmer

Head Coach: Vance Joseph

Offensive coordinator: ?

Defensive coordinator: ?

WHY?

Keim and KK are gone.
Harris and Wilson have been groomed for higher office
Payton to AZ is a delusional fantasy

In a transitional period, Joseph is a cost-effective interim who may surprise.
Imo that’s total failure.

Btw Blowseph can’t coach his way out of a wet paper sack. How many times have we lost with the game on the line because of his soft zones & refusal to attack & instead die a slow death? He isn’t the answer

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I’m saying if the Cardinals’ plan follows what @QuebecCard advocates, they are beyond pathetic and anyone who can’t see that should join Keim in rehab because they must be wasted to believe otherwise.

Last I checked, Mike Bidwill does not have a substance abuse problem.

And I'm NOT ADVOCATING!

Last edited:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
One way or another, the upcoming season or two are transitional, and only a fantasist wouldn't recognise so.
Next year for sure, short of a miracle. The following year is a toss up if a new staff can get a recommitted kyler to raise his game and better personnel moves are made. If you can keep the good core players from last year and build smartly with so many open roster spots a two year rebuild (instead of a complete demolition) isn’t beyond at least faint hope.

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah. I think there’s a fair chance that Kliff comes back. Like 40% or more.

Yup I'd say about the same.

I'd say a similar chance that Keim comes back too. Everyone speculating that this is a pre cursor to firing him. A softer way to ease him out the door. And all along he's just taking a few months off due to illness and will be back for the draft.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Next week is going to be fun.

There seems to be growing expectation here that Kliff and Keim are fired on Monday and I still think there's a not insignificant chance they aren't.
Keim is more tricky with him being out on a medical leave.

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
I’m saying if the Cardinals’ plan follows what @QuebecCard advocates, they are beyond pathetic and anyone who can’t see that should join Keim in rehab because they must be wasted to believe otherwise.
Totally agree.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One way or another, the upcoming season or two are transitional, and only a fantasist wouldn't recognise so.
Duh. The idiocy lies in in prolonging the transition for multiple years when you have the obvious evidence needed to go for a clean sweep and change across the board. Your plan is, yet again, one that rewards FAILURES in this organization. Something this team has been doing for over TWO decades. It’s fantasy to believe that guys like Vance/Wilson/Harris deserve to not only stay but get PROMOTED considering we have amongst the worst defenses in the league and our drafts continue to be a train wreck. And for what reason? To have a “transition year”… before they get a new coach who also then naturally will have a transition year?

Anyone who endorses this being a sound plan lives in a fantasy world.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last I checked, Mike Bidwill does not have a substance abuse problem.
Hell, it would make more sense if he did considering the idiotic decisions he’s made. At least Keim can blame the booze. What’s MIchael’s excuse?

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Duh. The idiocy lies in in prolonging the transition for multiple years when you have the obvious evidence needed to go for a clean sweep and change across the board. Your plan is, yet again, one that rewards FAILURES in this organization. Something this team has been doing for over TWO decades. It’s fantasy to believe that guys like Vance/Wilson/Harris deserve to not only stay but get PROMOTED considering we have amongst the worst defenses in the league and our drafts continue to be a train wreck. And for what reason? To have a “transition year”… before they get a new coach who also then naturally will have a transition year?

Anyone who endorses this being a sound plan lives in a fantasy world.

DUH!

I'm not advocating. I'm merely suggesting what may happen.

And whether it's Vance/Wilson/Harris or your heart's desire, it will be a transitional year!

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Yup I'd say about the same.

I'd say a similar chance that Keim comes back too. Everyone speculating that this is a pre cursor to firing him. A softer way to ease him out the door. And all along he's just taking a few months off due to illness and will be back for the draft.
I dunno about that. This is an audition for Adrian and Co. GMs usually don’t get replaced until after the draft because they manage the scouts and coordinate the evaluation process. Keim might just not get fired until June.

Reaction score
Legit NFL franchises booting an entire season for a transitional period after back to back to back second half season collapses is delusional fantasy.
The first half of this year wasn't so great either so I don't see how it's considered a collapse. Bottom line is we were improving each year record wise until this year. Which seemed off from the get go with D Hop suspended & Kyler being unusually inaccurate. Then all of the injuries mounting. I know every team has injuries before you flame me for it but I'm pretty sure we had the most if not close to the most in the league. We also didn't have the depth behind those injuries for one reason or another.

StreetTruckinTitan

You talkin' to me?
Reaction score
The first half of this year wasn't so great either so I don't see how it's considered a collapse. Bottom line is we were improving each year record wise until this year. Which seemed off from the get go with D Hop suspended & Kyler being unusually inaccurate. Then all of the injuries mounting. I know every team has injuries before you flame me for it but I'm pretty sure we had the most if not close to the most in the league. We also didn't have the depth behind those injuries for one reason or another.
this^ The most I think Mike will do is rearrange the deck chairs on this Titanic. Keim is out. Harris is GM. Kliff will either retain his HC position and forced to get an OC or Vance will be HC and Kliff becomes OC or out all together? I cant see Mike doing wholesale changes. Not with this decimated team.

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I dunno about that. This is an audition for Adrian and Co. GMs usually don’t get replaced until after the draft because they manage the scouts and coordinate the evaluation process. Keim might just not get fired until June.

I'm not sure that's the case anymore.

Robinson was fired recently and Poles and the Vikings dude who name I'm not going to spell were both in post by the end of Jan last year.

The year before the Panthers fired their GM in late December. Elway was fired on Jan 4th. The Lions fired Bob Quinn late Nov and replaced him in Jan.

The year before Dorsey and Allen were gone at the end of the season.

I can't remember the last one after the draft actually. It seems that tradition has been killed off.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose