Who's your candidate to take over as GM?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The first half of this year wasn't so great either so I don't see how it's considered a collapse. Bottom line is we were improving each year record wise until this year. Which seemed off from the get go with D Hop suspended & Kyler being unusually inaccurate. Then all of the injuries mounting. I know every team has injuries before you flame me for it but I'm pretty sure we had the most if not close to the most in the league. We also didn't have the depth behind those injuries for one reason or another.
We were 3-5 at the midpoint of the year and have been 1-7 since. That’s a collapse.

If you want to continue this disastrous regime, prepare to slammed for doing so. This team is a joke. Its GM is in rehab. Its Coach has had one winning record in the last SEVEN YEARS of his career.

But yeah… let’s run it back again!

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We were 3-5 at the midpoint of the year and have been 1-7 since. That’s a collapse.

If you want to continue this disastrous regime, prepare to slammed for doing so. This team is a joke. Its GM is in rehab. Its Coach has had one winning record in the last SEVEN YEARS of his career.

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

We had like half the starters on IR.

I'm all for change. But if after game 8 the team plane crashed and half the team had broken bones would you expect a winning record?

Hump, Ertz, Pugh, Hudson, Hernandez, Hopkins, Brown, Moore, Kyler, Murphy, McCoy, Allen, Lawrence, Hamilton and to a lesser degree Wilson have all missed a bunch of time. We've started 4 QBs.

I just don't see how anyone is winning with that. Or indeed why we would really want to.

Once you lose your QB your done. You may as well tank.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Pretty sure he's just posting what he thinks is likely. Not what he wants.

It appears you're correct. But what appears to be lost on our friend from Cornell (which I guess is something like your University of Edinburgh in terms of prestige) is that most people were posting their preferred candidate, which is what I think you intended when you started the thread (I could be wrong).

Last edited:

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Holy Moly, great list of potential GM candidates in the linked story I think somebody in this thread said Borganzi and he's at the top of the list.

I'd look at Borganzi or Peters. The three organizations that I like people from their personnel departments alot is the Ravens, Eagles, and Chiefs.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It appears you're correct. But what appears to be lost on our friend from Cornell (which I guess is something like your University of Edinburgh in terms of prestige) is that most people were posting their preferred candidate, which what I think you intended when you started the thread (I could be wrong).

Allow this proud member of the Cornell Big Red to say that I thought the question was open-ended. ;)

Metcalf Rules

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

...and there it is
Don’t discount Payton to Rams.. or maybe McVay to Cardinals? https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/35401376/sources-sean-mcvay-future-los-angeles-rams-coach-limbo

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
We had like half the starters on IR.

I'm all for change. But if after game 8 the team plane crashed and half the team had broken bones would you expect a winning record?

Hump, Ertz, Pugh, Hudson, Hernandez, Hopkins, Brown, Moore, Kyler, Murphy, McCoy, Allen, Lawrence, Hamilton and to a lesser degree Wilson have all missed a bunch of time. We've started 4 QBs.

I just don't see how anyone is winning with that. Or indeed why we would really want to.

Once you lose your QB your done. You may as well tank.
Lol. Who is talking about a winning record? 1-7.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
Head coach- Sean Payton
GM- Mike Borgonzi

Those are my picks, but I believe Michael Bidwill will make Quentin Harris or Adrian Wilson the GM.
Snakester, does your Saints contact still think that Sean Payton is likely to join the Cardinals?

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

It’s currently unknown whether the Cardinals will choose to make a coaching change, or whether coach Kliff Kingsbury will decide to leave. However, as the various pieces of the looming coaching carousel begin to align, one team with a former coach who is in play for 2023 vacancies is expecting receive a phone call from Arizona.

Per a source with knowledge of the situation, the Saints currently expect to hear from the Cardinals regarding former New Orleans coach Sean Payton.

The Broncos already have requested and received permission to talk to Payton. No other team has officially contacted the Saints, yet.
Well, so you're telling me there's a chance

You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Let's be realistic. Deep down we all know it's not going to be someone to get excited about. In either position.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I'd look at Borganzi or Peters. The three organizations that I like people from their personnel departments alot is the Ravens, Eagles, and Chiefs.
Early on I recommended Mike Borgonzi on this board. The way the personnel on-board sets up, this team needs to make the offense work. He has the best shot at doing that. Certainly there are defensive personnel concerns as well, but the dollars are committed on the offense and it has to carry this team.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Early on I recommended Mike Borgonzi on this board. The way the personnel on-board sets up, this team needs to make the offense work. He has the best shot at doing that. Certainly there are defensive personnel concerns as well, but the dollars are committed on the offense and it has to carry this team.
I said this going into this season.
What a ****storm.
If you tear this thing down to the bare bones, do you really think Payton or Harbaugh would want to come here?

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I said this going into this season.
What a ****storm.
If you tear this thing down to the bare bones, do you really think Payton or Harbaugh would want to come here?
Yes, Payton did it as a brand new head coach in New Orleans...he knows the blueprint to replicate.

Reaction score

So a losing record in the first half & a losing record in the second half. That's a hug stretch to call a collapse. 2 game difference. I'm okay with Keim being gone but not KK.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Anybody from Baltimore. Since Ozzie Newsomes son is pretty high in their chain of command some of their guys gotta be feeling like they wont get a chance with the Ravens. So give them a chance.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Anybody from Baltimore. Since Ozzie Newsomes son is pretty high in their chain of command some of their guys gotta be feeling like they wont get a chance with the Ravens. So give them a chance.
Say all you want but the Ravens have really done nada in the playoffs since Ozzy retired. I’d say that’s more on the greatness & foresight of him than where their organization is today.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Say all you want but the Ravens have really done nada in the playoffs since Ozzy retired. I’d say that’s more on the greatness & foresight of him than where their organization is today.
He is still EVP with the Ravens.
Dude had a great run as GM but nothing lasts forever.
However, the culture that he helped establish in Baltimore is what we need to plunder. That and expectations. How to establish them and how to exceed them.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson