Week 7: Cardinals Off-Season 2/20/2023-2/26/2023

OP
OP
R

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Yeah. And let's not pretend that Hudson didn't play great in 2020 and even into 2021. He immediately solidified the offensive line and would regularly push DTs back to their side of the line of scrimmage. He was pretty awesome.

It's funny how in 2020 when the Cardinals signed Dhop and Hudson that Murray suddenly "progressed significantly in his development as a QB".

There are ten (ten!) other guys with him on the field on offense. I'm not saying K1 needs to have an all-pro at all ten spots to lead us to a ring, but if you want to win a championship, yes, you're going to have to put a couple of superstars like Dhop and (circa 2020) Hudson around him. No QB can carry ten JAGs to a Lombardy trophy.

Warner was (at times) other-worldly, but he had prime Fitz and Bolden + an o-line that started together every single game in 2008. He didn't do it all by himself.
Hudson probably played great in 2020, but it was for the Raiders. Cards only got 1 freaking real season out of him.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I don't see it mate. He's had 2 ACL tears in the last 3 years and only played 20 games. He's also never played RT and stated he has no interest in doing so in the past.

I'd much, much rather have Beachum back. Signing a guy like Lewan to switch sides after 2 ACL tears would be peak Keim.

He said on his podcast he wouldn’t play for the cardinals - wants to stay near Nashville

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I am perfectly fine with Zach Allen getting this kind of a deal.
Naw man Zach is getting more than $10 million per year. I wouldn't be shocked to see Zach get $16-17m per.

Look at his QB disruption stats the past two seasons, and you quickly see he's one of the better DL in the league. He's just shy of Pro Bowl type consideration.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Naw man Zach is getting more than $10 million per year. I wouldn't be shocked to see Zach get $16-17m per.

Look at his QB disruption stats the past two seasons, and you quickly see he's one of the better DL in the league. He's just shy of Pro Bowl type consideration.
Allen would’ve gotten $10 million a year if we’d extended him last fall.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I just don't have a strong feeling we're going to be retaining Allen. I kinda feel that way about signing anyone new of note to our DL, all because we're going to potentially be drafting Carter or Anderson, most likely, but we don't know which.

It's kinda why I think the draft should happen before free agency, but that's hard to do.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I just don't have a strong feeling we're going to be retaining Allen. I kinda feel that way about signing anyone new of note to our DL, all because we're going to potentially be drafting Carter or Anderson, most likely, but we don't know which.

It's kinda why I think the draft should happen before free agency, but that's hard to do.

Mike mentioned him this last week. Said they want to resign him and Allen wants to stay. Comes down to money of course.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Mike mentioned him this last week. Said they want to resign him and Allen wants to stay. Comes down to money of course.
Allen's one of those guys who is starting to pick up buzz in everything I read, so I do get concerned he's going to get offered some kind of a Christian Kirk kind of deal in an offseason where we don't have a lot of coin to throw around.

As you said, it all comes down to money. I can't imagine Allen's going to sign before hitting FA, it does him no good to not at least see what's out there. The same goes for Byron Murphy.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This will be a very interesting off season with a new GM & HC. We really have no idea what kind of players they want and will go after in free agency and the draft.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
fyi on this:

this is such an advantage for the Cards relative to many other NFL teams. I doubt every NFL player factors this in - BUT THEY SHOULD.

in competing for FAs: the Cards vs any California team means 10.8% more income for all their home games. This adds up!

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media