Week 7: Cardinals Off-Season 2/20/2023-2/26/2023

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
How much does Taylor Lewan have left in the tank? Released by the Titans where Monti was. Was a stud LT for a long time, think injuries have slowed him down a bit.
Injuries have taken a huge toll. Guy hasn’t played much football recently.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He might be a RT candidate on a small deal. Lewan has a nasty streak.

I don't see it mate. He's had 2 ACL tears in the last 3 years and only played 20 games. He's also never played RT and stated he has no interest in doing so in the past.

I'd much, much rather have Beachum back. Signing a guy like Lewan to switch sides after 2 ACL tears would be peak Keim.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I don't see it mate. He's had 2 ACL tears in the last 3 years and only played 20 games. He's also never played RT and stated he has no interest in doing so in the past.

I'd much, much rather have Beachum back. Signing a guy like Lewan to switch sides after 2 ACL tears would be peak Keim.

I don't know how compelling of an argument a quote from around seven years ago is now.

I'd only kick the tires on Lewan if healthy and at a cheap price.

OP
OP
R

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I don't know how compelling of an argument a quote from around seven years ago is now.

I'd only kick the tires on Lewan if healthy and at a cheap price.
Any dude already talking retirement needs to not be any focus for the Cardinals, IMO.

You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
R

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Not impressed with that one. Cards should get more for that round 2 trade down...maybe a 2024 day 2 pick???? I really think a WR in the 3rd round is upcoming, regardless of what happens with DHop.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Not impressed with that one. Cards should get more for that round 2 trade down...maybe a 2024 day 2 pick???? I really think a WR in the 3rd round is upcoming, regardless of what happens with DHop.
I usually draft one of the Tennessee wrs in the 3rd round of my mocks. Although Im surprised Hyatt is available on PFF mocks in the 3rd.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Moving down five spots in the second round and picking up another third is a heist.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm starting to wonder if Kyler might be ready in time, or at least only miss 2-3 games.

OP
OP
R

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
I'm starting to wonder if Kyler might be ready in time, or at least only miss 2-3 games.
Well, he's +5000 to win MVP in 2023 (Not even close to the longest odds...)...and he started 2022 as a +2500 shot at MVP. I'm actually shocked he's tied with guys like Kirk Cousins and is ahead of Jimmy G.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

7x the risk if he plays in September though. Really need to sure up the Oline and maybe lean on the run game the 1st Qrt of the season if he does try.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Worse. Hudson was healthy and still considered a top C in the league.

Yeah. And let's not pretend that Hudson didn't play great in 2020 and even into 2021. He immediately solidified the offensive line and would regularly push DTs back to their side of the line of scrimmage. He was pretty awesome.

It's funny how in 2020 when the Cardinals signed Dhop and Hudson that Murray suddenly "progressed significantly in his development as a QB".

There are ten (ten!) other guys with him on the field on offense. I'm not saying K1 needs to have an all-pro at all ten spots to lead us to a ring, but if you want to win a championship, yes, you're going to have to put a couple of superstars like Dhop and (circa 2020) Hudson around him. No QB can carry ten JAGs to a Lombardy trophy.

Warner was (at times) other-worldly, but he had prime Fitz and Bolden + an o-line that started together every single game in 2008. He didn't do it all by himself.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah. And let's not pretend that Hudson didn't play great in 2020 and even into 2021. He immediately solidified the offensive line and would regularly push DTs back to their side of the line of scrimmage. He was pretty awesome.

It's funny how in 2020 when the Cardinals signed Dhop and Hudson that Murray suddenly "progressed significantly in his development as a QB".
Hudson wasn’t on the team in 2020. He was still on the Raiders. And Kyler still completely crapped the bed with Dhop during the ugly 2-5 streak in the second half of the 2020 season, same way he did the year previous and in 2021.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson