xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Such an undisciplined team for all the years KK was here

It was so frustrating for us to watch and so hard on the players

Penalties really affect the offensive drives as they stall them out

JG needs to get that fixed as one of his objectives

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This makes perfect sense for Gannon but I don't see how it's possible without trading Simmons. Plus we don't really have the cap to do this.

You'd be pushing SImmons into a sub package role. If you're going to do that there's no point taking his 5th year option and may aswell trade him.

Minski

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
This makes perfect sense for Gannon but I don't see how it's possible without trading Simmons. Plus we don't really have the cap to do this.

You'd be pushing SImmons into a sub package role. If you're going to do that there's no point taking his 5th year option and may aswell trade him.

I personally think Simmons is most dangerous as an edge rusher. He hits hard and if he just has to go get the QB he might excel.

OP
OP
R

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score

I still think you have Simmons add 10-15 lbs of muscle mass and see if you can turn him into a poor man's Micah Parsons. I really think someone can use his speed to rush the passer and I'm hoping the Cards can be the beneficiary of that.

Minski

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I still think you have Simmons add 10-15 lbs of muscle mass and see if you can turn him into a poor man's Micah Parsons. I really think someone can use his speed to rush the passer and I'm hoping the Cards can be the beneficiary of that.

Every time he has been tasked with that he seems to get very good pressure. Also I will go back to his hit power, it's like a lean muscle dead weight, hard to explain but I remember playing against guys like that and it always hurt the most. Plus caused a lot of fumbles... not by me of course... I never dropped a thing ;)

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I think it would be highly risky for a new coaching staff to "Haason Reddick" anyone. That has a lot of blowback potential.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Every time he has been tasked with that he seems to get very good pressure. Also I will go back to his hit power, it's like a lean muscle dead weight, hard to explain but I remember playing against guys like that and it always hurt the most. Plus caused a lot of fumbles... not by me of course... I never dropped a thing ;)

Maybe but it's a very different thing being an uncovered blitzer and having to go up against a 300lb tackle assigned to block you every play.

OP
OP
R

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I think it would be highly risky for a new coaching staff to "Haason Reddick" anyone. That has a lot of blowback potential.
Well if the new coaching staff continues to just move him around and not find a lot least a semi-permanent position for Simmons, they will be Reddicking him to another team next year who will find a spot and allow him to flourish.

He can already rush the passer, just help him hone that skill and let him go get the QB.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well if the new coaching staff continues to just move him around and not find a lot least a semi-permanent position for Simmons, they will be Reddicking him to another team next year who will find a spot and allow him to flourish.

He can already rush the passer, just help him hone that skill and let him go get the QB.

I'd not be happy with that either.

He needs to play ILB, and they need to coach him up better to play that role. Not confuse him with all the other crap.

He has the size, speed and strength to play that position. He just need the instincts.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Simmons and Collins development will be a big key
I think the depth of the roster after FA is the first step. I feel confident is saying that Collins and Simmons are probably not going to be the plan at MLB. If the Eagles bring in TJ Edwards, he also plays in nickel.

Financially, it is tough to move off of either Baker or Jalen so you have to imagine they won't come off the field. Eagles didn't rotate S in 2022. Avonte Maddox was their nickel CB and he played 41% of snaps.

All of the Eagles DEs were 260+. Except Reddick who rotated to DE in nickel packages. Cam Thomas is going to be a DE in this new defense which is where he arguably fits best. Eagles did rotate players in their defensive front.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

You can play Simmons as your nickel defensive back and be okay, even if you don't feel great about it. Maybe another system makes him more effective.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Here were the FMIA Cardinal Quotes. Probably only a couple percent of the article.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose