Week 4 Arizona Cardinals off season thread. 1/30/23-2/5/23

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I'm not sure saying the same thing with more words is an argument.

How exactly was "I wrong and failed to admit it" about Keim and Kliff's extensions when I said at the time they were bad and I've said this week that they were bad? How is this evidence of my "wrongness"?

I'm not sure what part of "It was a bad decision but all Orgs have a litany of bad decisions on their books" is wrong. You might have a different opinion. You might even be right. But we will never know and you certainly can't say that I'm wrong.

And I don't in any way think I'm right and anyone else is wrong, never mind everyone else. Never have I, or will I say someone else is wrong. You may have a different opinion, and I may strongly disagree, but that doesn't make either of us right or wrong. And I've said this a number of times.

If I had an opinion or a take on something that was so poor or weak that I had to change it it wouldn't have been well considered in the first place, and I try very hard not to do that. And if I defend my position against yours, well that's no different to what you are doing at the same time.

So no, you won't find me often say "Your right, my take was wrong and I now agree with you" but that isn't because I don't entertain that you might be right. I shouldn't really have to explain this on a DISCUSSION forum.

But the offer still stands. If you see something I say that is definitively wrong feel free to point it out.
...with you as the arbiter of "definitive," right?

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Definitive has a pretty clear meaning. It doesn't really need an arbiter.
Curious, that you want "definitive" proof beyond a shadow of a doubt that this is a piss-poor organization but will never agree that anything is definitive, or that anything is even possible because it can't be proven. I'm just chuckling at this point. The logical twists and turns here are quite droll. Aristotle couldn't pierce your philosophical fog.

To humor you (and me) further: What would "definitive" evidence be?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Curious, that you want "definitive" proof beyond a shadow of a doubt that this is a piss-poor organization but will never agree that anything is definitive, or that anything is even possible because it can't be proven. I'm just chuckling at this point. The logical twists and turns here are quite droll. Aristotle couldn't pierce your philosophical fog.

To humor you (and me) further: What would "definitive" evidence be?

Things that are actually substantiated. Not the mythical ramblings of a fan base such as not getting Montana because we couldn't find the keys.

Of the coaches during Mikes years 2 have been good and 2 have been bad.

We have 6 winning seasons and 6 losing seasons.

The teams record over the past 15 years is significantly better than the previous 87. We have 4 less wins than the Niners since 2007 and 19 more than the Rams.

By any reasonable definition that's middling. Average. Mediocre. Half the league similar or worse over that time.

Yet you act like we are the Jags and picked top 10 for a decade or more.

So where if the evidence we are "piss poor"? That's like bottom 5 right or is piss poor just not top 10 to you?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I mean, it's not my fault your reading comprehension sucks.

I haven't praised the organisation in any way. What I said is that there is a section of fans, quite a lot, you included, who just make crap up. You have a pathological hatred for the Org that makes you just invent **** for kicks. That drags up things from 25 years ago to beat the Org in the present day. You revel is **** talking the team. Everything is bad until it isn't. There's no optimism. No leeway. Everything sucks until impirical evidence tells you otherwise.

You wanted Kliff gone and he's gone. Now you moan about how long the search is taking. If they did it quickly you would moan they rushed it. No matter who they hire I'm sure you will find something to moan about. Then you will moan about the DC hire, or the OC hire.

It's the absolute opposite of fandom. That's not to say you don't want them to win, but you sure revel in crap talking them as much as you can too.

Please, and I say this with all sincerity, put me on ignore if you don't like what I have to say. I could very much cope without your constantly negative opinion in my replies.

And that goes for everyone else. If you don't like what I have to say, don't listen to me. Ignore exists for a reason. I don't mind even a little bit. I'd rather that than ******* drive bying me all the time with "I wonder what @BritCard will say to this".
This begs the question, if a poster is ignored by all of ASFN, are they still posting? A question for the universe . . .

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
:biglaugh:

You're so full of it. Amongst the many, many things people have pointed out to you was inking huge extensions and then firing those employees before the extensions even kicked in. It's not my...check that, it's not the whole board's fault you think you're (and the Cards) are always right and everyone else is inexplicably wrong. You've been presented ample evidence, but, after being led to water, refused to drink.

And there I go. I must be insane, doing the same thing over and over again lol
What’s the definition of insane?

Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different outcome? No.

The definition is believing the cardinals are a good organization. That’s the definition of insane.