Week 4 Arizona Cardinals off season thread. 1/30/23-2/5/23

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I mean how could we not see that coming? Oh wait, a lot of us called this in advance.
Does anyone recall if it was pretty equal offense and defense, with all the days off? I know we always seemed to see videos of Watt and Budda, but just wondering if more offensive players got the time off than defense, or vice versa...or was it about the same?

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
People confuse “candidates who have other options” with “all candidates.”
there is no question that this is in play, as well as contractual asks by a guy like Payton to offset the reputation

add in what feels like the binary outcome of Kyler Murray -- one that won't really be known until midway through 2024 -- and I could see why some candidates are leery

Reaction score
Is Brit really asking for examples of negligent ownership decisions by the Bidwill family?

How’s this one - actively employing, supporting, and even giving a sizable contract extension to a known substance abuser even after he got an extreme DUI?
How's this one - employer supports employee after it's discovered that they have a debilitating disease?

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
The article is about how Kliff screwed us by deciding to draft Murray. Keim and Kliff have both done in depth interviews about us drafting Murray. Both parties were adamant that Kliff didn't play a role in it, Keim just allowed himself to be influenced by Murray's agent and decided that Murray's tape was superb. It's a shame how lazy sportswriters are. Jim Koch probably banged that article out in 20 minutes.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
They have pointed out many, yet you are so blind to everything but your opinion you refuse to acknowledge them. Opinions aren't facts.

Nobody has named one? One was just named in another thread. I tagged you on it. 5-year extensions to Keim and Kliff and the extension of Kyler. Our fearless owner is willing to throw money at problems and is so grossly incompetent as to waste that money.

But nobody has named one yet. Not one! Go ahead and defend THOSE garbage can moves. Eat THAT bag, dude.

No. We're talking specifically about "fuckery" as it was put. The idea that Mike does things strange or unusual that make this franchise less appealing to join than others.

Those extensions were dire, although Kyler's was worse. But lots of teams make bad extensions. Mike is no different than most in that regard.

And certainly no potential coach is saying "I'm not going to that team that gives out 5 year deals that aren't deserved".

You hear people go on about the Hunts and they completely wash over the 3 head coaches before Reid were complete dog crap and they fired Romeo Crenel a year into a 3 year deal.

All owners are largely the same. They all suck, until the hit on a HC and QB combo that works, and suddenly they are great.

The only owners I would hold above all other for making consistently good decisions are the Rooney's. Most everyone else has large periods of sucking in their history.

Last edited:

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
No. We're talking specifically about "fuckery" as it was put. The idea that Mike does things strange or unusual that make this franchise less appealing to join than others.

Those extensions were dire, although Kyler's was worse. But lots of teams make bad extensions. Mike is no different than most in that regard.

And certainly no potential coach is saying "I'm not going to that team that gives out 5 year deals that aren't deserved".

You hear people go on about the Hunts and they completely wash over the 3 head coaches before Reid were complete dog crap and they fired Romeo Crenel a year into a 3 year deal.

All owners are largely the same. They all suck, until the hit on a HC and QB combo that works, and suddenly they are great.

The only owners I would hold above all other for making consistently good decisions are the Rooney's. Most everyone else has large periods of sucking in their history.
*shrug* Sorry, you're just off the deep end, man. There's no talking to you on this topic. You've got your rose colored glasses on, and nobody's getting them off. Enjoy being a company man.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
*shrug* Sorry, you're just off the deep end, man. There's no talking to you on this topic. You've got your rose colored glasses on, and nobody's getting them off. Enjoy being a company man.
hey now! I'm the company man!

I still can't believe there was a moment on this board where The Cheese was referred to as the company man. That was hilarious.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
On second thought, it reminds me more of a recent POTUS, but I'll get banned if I make it political, so I'm sticking with Mouth of Sauron. MoS?
The most recent statement wherein he raised the three extensions and then said Mike is the same as all owners not Rooney in the same breath . . . well . . . outstanding work.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Michael was the one who got the stadium done. The team has made more money since then. So they have become more competitive in terms of spending money on players. Which they never were with Bill Sr

But other than that, I don't see much difference between the two with how they have handled GMs and coaches. At least Ossenfort was outside the team.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave