We should trade down

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
My opinion is because he had some shark-like deals and got too damn full of himself. He began to think he was smarter than everyone else

i think this is likely --- its just describing human nature

being humbled can also have some positive impacts. SK is the guy for this draft no matter what -- lets hope he learned his lessons

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Cardinals need a system.

It would be nice to hire and keep a head coach. Then hopefully build one around Rosen.
#1 priority of the system should be identifying and drafting talented football players.

I'm not sure if anyone's done full-analytics on this, but - when you ignore spots-drafted, board-rankings & inside-football trading stuff and focus on talent and talent alone - we're probably not in the Top 15 in talent-selectors (especially in the past one or two years).

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
But would you trust him to use those picks? I wouldn't. And I don't want to trade out of the pick anyway. Take the #1 talent and be happy with it...and be happy your enemy doesn't get it at #2 ;)

Fair enough.

Are you a "Bosa at #1" guy then Stout? You're nittny lion right? So that probably lowers your opinion of Haskins, and you don't seem like the type that would risk the pick on Murray.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
But would you trust him to use those picks? I wouldn't. And I don't want to trade out of the pick anyway. Take the #1 talent and be happy with it...and be happy your enemy doesn't get it at #2 ;)

Why I'd only trade down with Oakland, who'd draft Bosa. The extra first rounder guarantees a shot at one of the top 3 w/o or Tends and a good shot at a plug and play O-linemen at #33.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Pass it on... PASS it ON!
Worst possible case scenario. I would hope if ARZ is taking a QB #1 it would be Haskins. With Bosa mentioning a 4-3 would be a better fit for him maybe ARZ is looking at other guys since they did not hire Joseph and say they were going back to 3-4 to change that because Bosa doesn't think he's best suited for that system. Trade down please Keim, that used to be your MO. Trade down, collect more picks and let others make the picks so you don't blow your extra draft capital on D-2/3 guys you think are diamonds in the rough.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Why I'd only trade down with Oakland, who'd draft Bosa. The extra first rounder guarantees a shot at one of the top 3 w/o or Tends and a good shot at a plug and play O-linemen at #33.

I agree with you.

If Bosa isn't a fit for us, I would love to see the Raiders get him vs SF and then hope that Q Williams is available at 4.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Fair enough.

Are you a "Bosa at #1" guy then Stout? You're nittny lion right? So that probably lowers your opinion of Haskins, and you don't seem like the type that would risk the pick on Murray.

I haven't wanted to decide yet--I kind of want to see how he does between now and the draft, but if he's still the consensus BPA, I'd go with Bosa, yes. I'm not on the Haskins train because I don't think he's good enough. Yeah, I'm a Penn State fan, but I'm a fan of talent above all :)

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Random thoughts:

1. Last time I looked, no one on this forum gets paid to draft players. Only SK,p and KK get to do that.

2. For better or for worse, we have to hope they'll make the best decisions and are blessed by the Football Gods.

3. Among those decisions are:

- If we draft Murray, can we win with him? Or is really that much of a risk?

- Does Rosen have "it?"

- Is Bosa truly a generational talent?

- Are there other prospects we should be interested in drafting? At #1? Via a trade down?

-.Are there any proposed deals worth doing in trade downs from #1 or #33? or trade ups from #33 or #66?

Putting on the blinders and throwing darts at the donkey:

It would be exciting to have Murray be our QB.

I like physical corners - so forget Greasy W and look hard at D Baker.

If Bosa and Q Williams were equally talented, I'd prefer Williams (because he'd add toughness inside).

It wouldn't shock me if SK shocked the world and drafted T Metcalf #1.

Shopping List:

- 3 OL starters. (probably two guards and a RT/we'll probably have to live with the Hump).

- Physical corner who runs under 4.50.

- 280 lb inside DL one man wrecking crew

- 6-4 or longer WR wiith Velcro hands who can win 50-50 battles and who runs under 4.48.

- A 4.38 or faster WR blazer

- Two 230+ lb ILB's who can fill inside gaps and have sideline to sideline range.

- I suppose a TE or two, but I could never get too excited about the position.

Wish list is probably an overreach, but if you don't outline your goals, you'll never reach them.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard