#27 and #35 Trade Talk

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
LOL

Reading comprehension much?

My post was in reference to the back and forth banter between @kerouac9 and @Mulli, where they were using language that was often used for white players only.
Uh, you missed the thread, or the joke. It was basically built on calling guys needle movers or blue chip players, got overused, and so "Big John" became the silly naming convention.

It had nothing to do with race.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Your logic is so weird when it comes to this.
The analytics have worked themselves out in modern history, even with Rosen for us. And I'll admit, Rosen would have been my #1 in that draft. So I'd have been wrong.

When does it become evaluation vs. desperation?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is an unsubtle way to be wrong and failing at playing the race card. This is beneath you, Krang.

A Big John is a "stud" player. Ala Big John Stud the wrestler.
To be honest, you probably don’t want Big John Studd-esque players. He was legendary as the heel who looked like Tarzan, ultimately got beat like Jane against any good guy with a pulse. Basically a fool’s gold FA.

We need to some King Kong Bundy Mother-effers. At least he put Hogan in “the hospital” before losing his cage match at Wrestlemania 2.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Maybe I'm losing my mind here, but I thought someone was giving @Stout a hard time for saying blue chip players, or needle movers, and he started calling them Big Johns as a joke.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
After searching, this is what I thought was going on. I didn't read this as a racially charged concept. Doesn't seem like Stout did either.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2024-04-06 at 10.25.51 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2024-04-06 at 10.25.51 PM.png
    299.1 KB · Views: 9

GimmedaBall

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I am not high on Daniels but if Maye falls to 4, I take him then start talking with the Raiders & Vikings about picks for Murray
Spot on. If KM plays lights out and stays healthy we would have a QB with one year in the NFL who we could trade. If KM plays at his under .500 rate and/or suffers another injury, we have our new QB on the roster. Problem with coming up with a trade---will KM even garner a 3rd round pick from the two teams you mention?? Lots of concern about the dead salary cap hit---but Denver showed that taking the cap hit can be done especially now with the bump in the salary cap that fueled this FA signing period for the league.

Don't want to look back on this draft and see a QB who was sitting there for us to take and who goes on to a great career while we opted to stick with a middle-of-the-pack (at best) starting QB.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
LOL

Reading comprehension much?

My post was in reference to the back and forth banter between @kerouac9 and @Mulli, where they were using language that was often used for white players only.
Read on, @Krangodnzr as you certainly do have a problem with it. Maybe you meant it that way, but it was badly misplaced and misstated.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
This new trend is as bad as “big Johns.”
This is an unsubtle way to be wrong and failing at playing the race card. This is beneath you, Krang.

Go back and read this again.

It had nothing to do with the use of "Big John". I don't know why you're so triggered here.

What Kerouac and Mulli are saying is a bunch of sayings that are almost exclusively used for white players. That's the subtle racism.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score

It had nothing to do with the use of "Big John". I don't know why you're so triggered here.

What Kerouac and Mulli are saying is a bunch of sayings that are almost exclusively used for white players. That's the subtle racism.
Ooh, trying to be the meanie and claiming I'm "triggered" lol Please, no more microagressions!

Yes, I understand what they're doing elsewhere, which had nothing to do with you quoting my post. You had a connection in your head and clearly everyone else agrees that it didn't come across in your post. That's okay. We've all had those moments. I have them as a writer in rough drafts all the time. "But what I meant was--" doesn't matter, because that's not what came across to the reader as read on the page.

Reaction score
Ooh, trying to be the meanie and claiming I'm "triggered" lol Please, no more microagressions!

Yes, I understand what they're doing elsewhere, which had nothing to do with you quoting my post. You had a connection in your head and clearly everyone else agrees that it didn't come across in your post. That's okay. We've all had those moments. I have them as a writer in rough drafts all the time. "But what I meant was--" doesn't matter, because that's not what came across to the reader as read on the page.
:shrug: He quoted Ouchie who quoted K9 & Mulli's back & forth about moxie & whatnot? Saying the new trend is just as bad as the ''Big John" bs.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

I think he was talking about all the superlatives posts.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
After searching, this is what I thought was going on. I didn't read this as a racially charged concept. Doesn't seem like Stout did either.
You’ve crossed two streams. I said the new trend of run/on superlative posts was as bad as the new trend of using big John’s.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Nope, you’ve got this one wrong stout. Krang was right.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

Reading comprehension bro. From the mouth of the Ouchie.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Say what? Stupid jokes about things we have heard said about white players and not black players because of subtle or not so subtle racism is now subtle racism?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard