Cards say offers for trade down are picking up

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The problem was that he didn't really test like the best and he wasn't a beast against the run as well. Throw in the medicals and he's not a sure thing.
Problem is with the paucity of pass rushers in this draft, he'll go fairly early. We'd take him at #27, imo, if he's still available, but don't expect him to be.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
He is the most refined pass rusher but his play vs the run is a concern.

You’re not gonna find a complete edge at 27 but given his pass-rushing talent he seems like a no brainer if his medicals are deemed no more of a risk than a healthy player. It’s hard to imagine something not popping up the last two years after medically retiring. It’s not like he’s a WR either he’s absorbing contact on every snap.

Denny Green Fan

Registered
Reaction score
Problem is with the paucity of pass rushers in this draft, he'll go fairly early. We'd take him at #27, imo, if he's still available, but don't expect him to be.
You’re not gonna find a complete edge at 27 but given his pass-rushing talent he seems like a no brainer if his medicals are deemed no more of a risk than a healthy player. It’s hard to imagine something not popping up the last two years after medically retiring. It’s not like he’s a WR either he’s absorbing contact on every snap.
As a catholic I have come to confess my sin of being willing to pass on Marvin harrisson for picks. My dream draft would be harrisson and we trade up for laitu then grab the best corner. As a Kentucky fan I couldn’t handle losing calipari and missing out on Marvin harrisson

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
The problem is that there are more complete players at other impact positions available. The corners at that area or DL just might be better picks.

And I fully expect Latu won't be available.

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I can't imagine Monti not trading with the Vikings. They acquired a 2nd first round pick for a reason
Now Monti has to have a trade lined up to move back up to get 1 of the top 3 wrs.
Houston initiated that trade with Minnesota though.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Houston initiated that trade with Minnesota though.
I would bet that the Vikings put the word out that they were interested in acquiring a 1st rd pick.
If this was truly all Texans desire then why? Do they hate 1st rd picks? Or did they know that the Vikings would want the ammo to move up for a QB since they lost out on Cousins.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
I would bet that the Vikings put the word out that they were interested in acquiring a 1st rd pick.
If this was truly all Texans desire then why? Do they hate 1st rd picks? Or did they know that the Vikings would want the ammo to move up for a QB since they lost out on Cousins.
Schefter Houston wanted the additional second for the Stephon Diggs trade.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Schefter Houston wanted the additional second for the Stephon Diggs trade.
How many teams did the Texans contact? Bet they knew the Vikings would be a great candidate since like me they can see how badly they need a QB.
Thanks for the update and now watch the Vikings stay with Darnold.