We should trade down

Minski

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The scariest thing for me with Bosa is his family and their influence. It was the same with Joey in SD and hard to articulate but it seems they are keen to be the highest paid at their positions and won’t play unless 100% healthy, not even 98%.

There is nothing wrong with this really but I think come the contract after the rookie one could hurt us long term.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Watch Keim not even address oline until Rd 4.

Well, the Steelers OL is consistently ranked really high and of their starting 5 linemen one is a 4th rounder and two others weren't drafted.

It'd be interesting to look around at other solid lines in the league and see where those players were selected (or how many were UFA's).

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Different player, but maybe more explosive off the snap

Bosa is everything you’d want in a pure EDGE. His numbers don’t look spectacular b/c he left Ohio St after 3 games but based on his season to that point he was on pace to have a dominant year statistically.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
The Giants, Jags, Redskins, and maybe Raiders may get in a bidding war to get up and take Haskins.

The Giants giving the 6th, their 2nd, and next year's #1 would be hard to turn down and that's not even a ridiculous scenario.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
The Giants, Jags, Redskins, and maybe Raiders may get in a bidding war to get up and take Haskins.

The Giants giving the 6th, their 2nd, and next year's #1 would be hard to turn down and that's not even a ridiculous scenario.

in that scenario --

the Cards could go Bosa; or,

Greedy Williams AND N'Keal Harry, and have an extra #1 in 2020

I know what I'd choose

LoyalRam

All Star
Reaction score
I don't know how one could know that trading down is the best option without knowing parameters. I would trade back one spot for two firsts. I would not trade down to number 5 for a third.

Teams don't generally trade up inside the top 3 unless its for a qb. There aren't many teams in desperate need for a QB either. The farther you move back in draft, the riskier the picks become also. Do you feel more confident in Keim identifying two players with less consensus or 1 player that basically the whole industry views as an elite prospect? I chose the latter!
THIS. I have not heard of too many QB's in the draft that are considered great, and there will be a couple of veterans probably available like Flacco and maybe Bridgewater. It's easy to say trade down, but you have to have trade partners willing to give up the picks/compensation that you'd want in the trade, and sometimes you get stuck with the high pick.

The Kraken

Veteran
Reaction score
We have so many needs, I could either go with Bosa (assuming he gets through the combine/pro day process without any red flags) or trade down and address the glaring holes (like LT).

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah well putting everything you got into one or two celebrity players is not building a “team” unless they are 100% guaranteed pro bowlers.
Like someone else posted, we need an entirely better offensive line, a receiver and a cornerback...
Oh and a linebacker and a couple defensive linemen.

And all those needs won't be answered in a draft.

I'll take a celebrity player like Fitz or PP21 at the top of the draft, if possible, and count myself lucky.

If we trade down with a team that isn't after Bosa, we give the 49ers their #1 need.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The furthest in this draft I would trade down is to 4th with the raiders, also I only do that for their 2 highest 1s this year and their 2 and their 1st next year. This is also only if I have worked out that Q. Williams or Bosa would fall to that position.

At that price, forget that trade.

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
We have so many needs, I could either go with Bosa (assuming he gets through the combine/pro day process without any red flags) or trade down and address the glaring holes (like LT).

You trust Keim to draft an OL in the first round?

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If you love a player at #1 & think he’s a HOF you don’t trade it unless you get a major haul & that’s questionable. Nuff said

Ok I agree.

Are you telling me you honestly think Bosa is HOF worthy? What are you seeing in him that I'm not - he is no super athlete blowing by people. There is nothing about him that makes me think he is going to be a HOF.

I see the top 6 - 8 players all at about the same level - and the cards need a OT, CB, LB, or even a DT a heck of a lot more then a DE.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Ok I agree.

Are you telling me you honestly think Bosa is HOF worthy? What are you seeing in him that I'm not - he is no super athlete blowing by people. There is nothing about him that makes me think he is going to be a HOF.

I see the top 6 - 8 players all at about the same level - and the cards need a OT, CB, LB, or even a DT a heck of a lot more then a DE.
Where did I mention Bosas name? I meant if the team feels that way about any of these guys including him, Oliver etc

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Ok I agree.

There are really 3 that standout to me (Bosa, Oliver, and Q Williams). Who are the other 3-5 at that same level?

Our defensive scheme and the combine will dictate the order (and if we trade down).

I still think Haskins could make a run for the top selection. QB's get really hyped and drafted too high typically.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There are really 3 that standout to me (Bosa, Oliver, and Q Williams). Who are the other 3-5 at that same level?

Our defensive scheme and the combine will dictate the order (and if we trade down).

I still think Haskins could make a run for the top selection. QB's get really hyped and drafted too high typically.

Well I was including greedy, and Jonah Williams plus probably Haskins mainly because he is the top qb.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Pick well at number 1 - you are eternally married to the pick-

OP
OP
Skipper1111

Skipper1111

Rookie
Reaction score
I think the Giants will go for a QB, Maybe they will give us some extra picks so we can rebuild our OLine with all stars, along with all of the other positions we need which is kind of long.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think the Giants will go for a QB, Maybe they will give us some extra picks so we can rebuild our OLine with all stars, along with all of the other positions we need which is kind of long.

Unless there's another team "hot' on a QB, the Giants have no need to trade with us.

At this point, our best chance for a trade down is with Oakland if they are hot for Bosa as a replacement for Mack.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard