Warriors @ Suns Saturday game thread 2-29-20

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Booker is clearly frustrated trying to carry the load with not a lot of options.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
That was one of the most inept performances on the offensive end I've ever seen. The Suns could have put five of me out there and the shot selection wouldn't have been much worse.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That was one of the most inept performances on the offensive end I've ever seen. The Suns could have put five of me out there and the shot selection wouldn't have been much worse.

Suns have a roster spot open. It couldn't hurt. Suns quit tonight.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure Williams is cut out to coach. Trend continues in Phoenix.

I'd start with the GM first. Williams is on a 5 year contract so I don't think anything is changing there unless he decides to leave.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Appreciate the honesty of Mikal Bridges. At least that's a starting point of sorts.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
How Ayton doesn’t dominate these two opponents is beyond me. And book’s just broken right now.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
We've proven we could lose to almost any NBA team but a loss tonight would be beyond embarrassing. Not that I think we'll lose, quite the opposite, but the Suns have taught us to dampen down our enthusiasm.
I don’t know what to say.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We've proven we could lose to almost any NBA team but a loss tonight would be beyond embarrassing. Not that I think we'll lose, quite the opposite, but the Suns have taught us to dampen down our enthusiasm.

Prophetic. Brutal. True.

The Suns have had a lot of crap go against them this year and despite their short comings they've fought hard in almost every game.

Not tonight.

This loss sucked.

I know I've been harsh on Oubre, but I think I've been fair. The guy screws up a lot on D, and he is maddeningly selfish on offense. But he really is a barometer for the team. A guy who, even if he is screwing up, is still hustling his butt off.

It seems as though, without Oubre, a level of accountability is lacking. These last 2 games we've fallen apart upon encountering any resistance. I still don't think he is worthy of a max deal... but I also know this currently constructed team desperately needs him.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After a night to reflect on it I would say that was the most disheartening performance I've ever seen from the Phoenix Suns.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After a night to reflect on it I would say that was the most disheartening performance I've ever seen from the Phoenix Suns.

I can't remember a worse performance from a Suns team with this much talent on the roster.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If anything comes out of the loss, I hope James Jones realizes the need for more talent... athletic talent.

Continuity is fine if the pieces are in place but they are not. Suns need to build upon the core of Ayton, Booker, Oubre, Bridges and Rubio.

Last edited:

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
It seems as though, without Oubre, a level of accountability is lacking. These last 2 games we've fallen apart upon encountering any resistance. I still don't think he is worthy of a max deal... but I also know this currently constructed team desperately needs him.

Talk about moving the goalposts. Who's suggesting a max deal for Oubre? He makes $15.6 million this year and less than that next year.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Talk about moving the goalposts. Who's suggesting a max deal for Oubre? He makes $15.6 million this year and less than that next year.

Yeah. No one was talking about a max deal for Oubre. I was hoping for at least a three year contract.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I think one of the telling things about our situation versus Gokden States situation is next year their starting four eclipses ours, with better bench guys lile Pschall and Looney already in place. Right now our starting four don't match up with Golden State next year. We are already behind starting next year, too!

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah. No one was talking about a max deal for Oubre. I was hoping for at least a three year contract.

There was a lot of speculation/rumor that Oubre's camp was looking for a max or near max deal even when he was in Washington and that was a big part of why they were trading him. My critical comments about Oubre lately have been based on the idea that we gave him a 2 year "show us" deal to let him earn that max deal. And many of us have viewed him as our 3rd core piece and as such, a max deal is right in line. Forgetting the injury, if Oubre is actually comfortable with a 15 to 20 million per salary going forward, then I would say he's a solid piece considering the cost.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard