VSL day 8 recap from DraftExpress

coloradosun

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
thegrahamcrackr said:
I talked to several basketball ops people there, everyone was raiving about diener. It would be very hard for the Magic to move him now.

Reported from the Orlando Sentinel on Hoopshype.com, it was mentioned that the Magic are interested in Earl Watson. Also stated that they might consider Damon Stoudemire as well. It speculated that they might consider an offer to Chris Duhon but were afraid the Bulls would match. I see them using Nelson at PG and Francis at 2, Barbosa would make a symetric backup for Francis at the 2. Duhon, Watson or Stoudamire would be the backup PG.

There is just too much rumor and inuendo that the Magic are looking at other point guards, if they are so enamored with Diener why all of this other speculation.

Christie has stated that he wants out, Barbosa would be a better move (combo 1-2) if they are really looking for experienced depth at PG with other FA signings. I think Scottie Graham may be better suited for the Suns offense than Barbosa, so I believe the Suns could easily give up on Barbs.

In the thread from Folster "Caution (Rumor)" he mentioned another trade and Barbosa be traded to move up, my guess is that once Gortat became involved it might have sealed the deal. I think Orlando traded away Martynas once this deal came about, Orlando on some mocks had him selected as their 1st round pick. I think there is something going behind the scenes.

http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/vb/showthread.php?t=55672&highlight=Rumor

The other trade has not been divulged yet not to say it has not been completed. I am hedging my bet on this speculation.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson