Today’s Chatter Pick 3 (04/06/23)

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
All the talk today is there is a bidding war going on for the Cards‘ pick. Indy is definitely one of the teams involved. Don’t assume it will be easy for the Cards to take an Indy deal then move down again. Levis has fallen and there does not seem to be a team interested in paying much to move up to get him. The latest wrinkle is that if the Cards do move to 4, there are several teams willing to move up for Anderson. The catch is these teams are typically not near the top of the draft, which would make the Cards’ first pick considerably weaker. It would be more picks but fewer big hitters. That doesn’t sound attractive to me. The best hope is the Lions really want Anderson. They’d offer both firsts, but they’d want a second back. More likely Cards would hold out for a third.
Yuck

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
If we move back to let a team take Anderson in our draft slot I'm gonna be pretty salty. It's one thing if we move back and let someone take a QB, and he gets picked before us, but in our actual slot would bother me.

I'm just hoping I'll be able to watch the draft at this point. Found out today I have osteonecrosis of my left hip (not even the side I broke!) and surgery might be on the table. A full hip replacement at 36 doesn't sound fun. (Don't mean to derail just don't know where else to put this.)
Good luck to you, buddy. Right there with you. I'm back on my knee scooter recovering from an ankle fusion.

Stout

Reaction score
Indy scenario is the best. However if the Lions want to get the #3 pick from the cards I would only agree if the Lions do not take Anderson. If would take a good haul to let this happen
Sure, but Anderson wouldn't fall to us regardless. My nightmare scenario is Anderson going to the chickens.

Stout

Reaction score
Should be a strong return with several other teams preferring the 3rd pick and with the 4th losing perceived value. Maybe a 2nd & 3rd this year and the same in 2024. One guy even thought the Cards might just get a 2024 1st instead of multiple picks. Indy is caught in a tough place if they want the #3 QB.
So you're saying we can get a haul AND Anderson? No one should have an argument with that.

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Indy worked out Levis but I’m hearing it’s just smoke!

Fitz4Ever

Veteran
Reaction score
If we decide to trade down, its about the best haul...not about which particular player we might get with our pick. That will be out of our control, and almost EVERYONE expects this draft to be wacky and full of trades.

We could trade down to the middle of the round and still get a guy we never thought would be there. I think it might be that kind of year.

That said, to me trading down has to be about stacking picks in this year, 24, and maybe even 25. Based on the players we are signing in FA, it looks like they want to build through the draft. Fine...then we need about 10 swings at the bat in rounds 1, 2, 3 over the next couple of years to try and build a roster.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
If we decide to trade down, its about the best haul...not about which particular player we might get with our pick. That will be out of our control, and almost EVERYONE expects this draft to be wacky and full of trades.

We could trade down to the middle of the round and still get a guy we never thought would be there. I think it might be that kind of year.

That said, to me trading down has to be about stacking picks in this year, 24, and maybe even 25. Based on the players we are signing in FA, it looks like they want to build through the draft. Fine...then we need about 10 swings at the bat in rounds 1, 2, 3 over the next couple of years to try and build a roster.
Skillethands and Calvin pace cmon on down!

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can you imagine if we traded with Indy to move up, because THEY wanted to draft Anderson? What a gut punch that would be
I think this isn't out of the question. I mean think about it... Richardson? Levis? Not slam dunks, and great QB class next year...

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
The good: the Cardinals are going to get a lot of draft capital trading out of #3

The bad: We may lose Will Anderson in the process.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I just know that Minnesota is looking for a plan at QB after this year, and they are comfortable with Cousins/Levis for one year. I also wouldn't be shocked to see them trade up for him if he falls a bit.
Minnesota would be the perfect landing spot for him. Worst spot? Raiders. They will ruin him.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
The good: the Cardinals are going to get a lot of draft capital trading out of #3

The bad: We may lose Will Anderson in the process.
What I fear is that the Cardinals drop down for a solitary 3rd round pick and then we hear through Cardinals media that they they had concerns about Anderson Jr. or that additional picks are worth more.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
What I fear is that the Cardinals drop down for a solitary 3rd round pick and then we hear through Cardinals media that they they had concerns about Anderson Jr. or that additional picks are worth more.
A third round pick to move to #4? Great. A third rounder to move to 7? I'll be very very down on Ossenfort at that point.

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Should be a strong return with several other teams preferring the 3rd pick and with the 4th losing perceived value. Maybe a 2nd & 3rd this year and the same in 2024. One guy even thought the Cards might just get a 2024 1st instead of multiple picks. Indy is caught in a tough place if they want the #3 QB.
Is this already with the big chance now that the Houston Texans draft Anderson? Because if they really draft Anderson ... then the bidding war for the 3rd pick will be ... and we even could get rid of the 4th pick if Indy at the end gets the firs deal.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Per an article I just read, Daniel Jeremiah of NFL Network reported the Titans are among the teams “exploring” a trade with the Arizona Cardinals for the No. 3 overall pick in Draft.

So add them to the list, I guess.

redheat

A real American hero
Reaction score
If the cards trade down in a position to not take Anderson they better get a 1st next year so we can secure one of the QB’s

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Is this already with the big chance now that the Houston Texans draft Anderson? Because if they really draft Anderson ... then the bidding war for the 3rd pick will be ... and we even could get rid of the 4th pick if Indy at the end gets the firs deal.
If the Texans actually took Anderson things get quite simple for the Cards. This would mean either Stroud or Young would still be on the board. The value of the pick would jump way up.

Fitz4Ever

Veteran
Reaction score
If the Texans actually took Anderson things get quite simple for the Cards. This would mean either Stroud or Young would still be on the board. The value of the pick would jump way up.
To add to you point it would mean that 3 of the top 4 QBs were sitting on the board with Indy, Seattle, Detroit, Vegas, Atl, and Ten all sitting there behind us. One of those teams is going to offer us the farm to move up and they "their guy"....who they will say they had as the #1 QB all along anyway. (Stroud).

As much as I love Will Anderson, I think there would be very little sting for us in this situation. The haul would be massive

BTW, if I was Houston I would for SURE take Anderson at #2. I would wait and see if Richardson lasts until 12...if not get another starter on defense and offer up a package of mid round picks for Trey Lance.

Fitz4Ever

Veteran
Reaction score
Im just curious...but lets say Houston takes Anderson at #2.

We get offered a deal from Tennessee2 1sts, 2 2nds, 1 3rd and Malik Willis (who then starts for us until Kyler returns...but should be able to handle a similar style of offense)

Its the biggest move down that we are seeing rumored, but I might be willing to take that if Anderson is gone.