Today’s Weird Rumor (04/23/23) : Offensive Line

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Not a real big Paris Johnson fan. Think he is soft.
I think he's pretty nasty. He stays on blocks and stays on until he wins.

If the Cardinals could walk away with a OL of:
Humphries
Johnson
Schmitz/Tippmann/Whypler
Hernandez
Beachum

I'd be pretty happy with that. Build the lines and let the other positions get sorted out later.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score

Humphries
Johnson
Schmitz/Tippmann/Whypler
Hernandez
Beachum

I'd be pretty happy with that. Build the lines and let the other positions get sorted out later.
Agree with building the lines. Also need at least one CB at some point. (and a punter)

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not a real big Paris Johnson fan. Think he is soft.
Soft? First I’ve heard that. You may be right, but all I’ve heard is that he’s raw because he’s only been a LT for one season. But, he’s supposedly someone who is nasty, and someone who finishes blocks in an overzealous fashion.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Humphries
Johnson
Schmitz/Tippmann/Whypler
Hernandez
Beachum

Yeah he's a guy that likes to kill people in the run game

29 reps on the bench too with over 36" arms. That's tough to do. Strong dude.

Fitz4Ever

Veteran
Reaction score
No way you take any of these OT's top 3 IMO...if people are really trading up for them I just dont see it.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Soft? First I’ve heard that. You may be right, but all I’ve heard is that he’s raw because he’s only been a LT for one season. But, he’s supposedly someone who is nasty, and someone who finishes blocks in an overzealous fashion.
I have not seen that in his game but I am not a pro. His game comes across very finesse to me and I believe he will have to get much stronger to be a long term guy.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I have not seen that in his game but I am not a pro. His game comes across very finesse to me and I believe he will have to get much stronger to be a long term guy.
Go back and watch more tape on him. He completes blocks like very few OT’s I‘ve seen in a while. I’ve seen him take his guy and drive him OB into the bench & get penalized for it. That’s a way bigger concern to me than him being called soft. He played guard the year before & shame on OSU for that. He’s a true OT, but was a damn good LG also. This guy’s ceiling could be HOF material. He’s that big, long, and nasty that as he matures, can be a monster. All this being said, I’m fine with Skoronski too. Skoronski will never be as big or nasty, but he’s super smart & has phenomenal technique. Sign me up for either one of them.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I think Johnson will end up being the best OL in the class. But, even bring an OSU fan, he’s not a top 5 talent and no way do you take him over Anderson.
If the Cards do that, it’s Adrian Peterson/Levi Brown all over again.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson