Trading the First Pick Scenarios

NuttinButTDs

Registered
Reaction score
If you were Chicago, do you think they can trade Fields for a 1st rounder. Atlanta could be desperate. And then take their two first rounders and trade to Cardinals if MHJ is available. Should Cardinals do the trade or pick MHJ. Assuming Cards still pick at 3.

Fitz4Ever

Veteran
Reaction score
If you were Chicago, do you think they can trade Fields for a 1st rounder. Atlanta could be desperate. And then take their two first rounders and trade to Cardinals if MHJ is available. Should Cardinals do the trade or pick MHJ. Assuming Cards still pick at 3.
I see no reason why the Falcons would make that trade unless Jayden Daniels and Penix are both gone. Fields is a bust. The only reason people gave him any hype was because he's a good fantasy player.

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I might be wrong but I think if we go to 4 wins we lose several.spota due to strength of schedule. Harry said we could end up anywhere from 4-8 with 4 wins depending on other results.
No at 4 wins only Washington would move ahead of Cards if Washington doesn’t win another game

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

Reaction score
Don’t see it without a longer contract

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I swear, if this team in back to back years, passes on the chance to draft a blue chip Edge player and WR, possible SUPERSTAR level players, so we can get a (hopefully) solid RT and a bunch of other picks who haven't done much to distinguish themselves so far, you're gonna get some stinky Cheese round these parts for a while.
I’m kinda thinking we ain’t going o-line. If we were able to get MHJ and sign a decent Wr, we could spend the entire draft on defense. Of course we won’t but we could really stack the defense.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
The Vikings and Falcons are going to be looking for a QB. If you look at the 2024 FA list, your only to legitimate choices will be a 36 year old coming off injury Cousins and Mayfield who will probably get a good offer from Tampa Bay and stay there. After that the cupboard is empty with a who's who on nobodies.

Both these teams will be looking to the draft as it's their only choice of finding another QB outside of a trade for another team's backup or a guy like Fields who a team may want to jettison so they can draft a QB in 2024. In this case you would have to be willing to believe that you can resurrect a reclamation project who failed with their previous team.

Here is a link to the 2024 FAs. Not an impressive list.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/quarterback/?ref=trending-pages

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
The Vikings and Falcons are going to be looking for a QB. If you look at the 2024 FA list, your only to legitimate choices will be a 36 year old coming off injury Cousins and Mayfield who will probably get a good offer from Tampa Bay and stay there. After that the cupboard is empty with a who's who on nobodies.

Both these teams will be looking to the draft as it's their only choice of finding another QB outside of a trade for another team's backup or a guy like Fields who a team may want to jettison so they can draft a QB in 2024. In this case you would have to be willing to believe that you can resurrect a reclamation project who failed with their previous team.

Here is a link to the 2024 FAs. Not an impressive list.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/quarterback/?ref=trending-pages
If we could get him at a decent price, I might take a punt on Mayfield. I can't believe I just typed that. This would be with the thought of trading Kyler.

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

Reaction score
Harry, what are your thoughts on McCarthy?
Medium cerebral QB. Decent but not special athlete. Fairly mobile but not a power runner. Good, underrated arm. He’ll go round 1, but he’ll need time to develop. He a marginal fit with this offense.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
And yet, some people think the Cardinals could get a #1 for Murray and his contract! :doi:
I don't believe you are factoring in that the team would be getting Kyler at a discount. His contract is a bargain for a team trading for Kyler. 13 mil off per year for the next 3.