Today’s Weird Rumor (04/23/23) : Offensive Line

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Tony Pauline, IMO a very credible source, is hearing some team is looking to move into the top 5 draft slots to take an offensive lineman. Wow! I have not heard that anywhere else. I also am confused because no OL is really a top consensus choice. If it’s true I guess it just means there is more competition than ever for the Cards’ pick. I guess the pick would be Skoronski. He’s the only one I hearing any top evaluator calling exceptional in this pool, though many think he’s only a guard. I can tell you he’s the smartest guy in the group and the most adaptable. He is a talent, but length is a concern. I think he can overcome it, but that opinion is not universal.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Interesting. I was hoping if the Cardinals traded down they would take him because of his versatility. Some evaluators say he can play all 5 OL positions and would be a 10 year all pro at guard or a solid tackle.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Interesting. I was hoping if the Cardinals traded down they would take him because of his versatility. Some evaluators say he can play all 5 OL positions and would be a 10 year all pro at guard or a solid tackle.
Often when a player doesn't have a specific role and he is praised cause can play multi positions at the end is not that good in each of those positions

lobo

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Tony Pauline, IMO a very credible source, is hearing some team is looking to move into the top 5 draft slots to take an offensive lineman. Wow! I have not heard that anywhere else. I also am confused because no OL is really a top consensus choice. If it’s true I guess it just means there is more competition than ever for the Cards’ pick. I guess the pick would be Skoronski. He’s the only one I hearing any top evaluator calling exceptional in this pool, though many think he’s only a guard. I can tell you he’s the smartest guy in the group and the most adaptable. He is a talent, but length is a concern. I think he can overcome it, but that opinion is not universal.
He is a nice player, but I agree Harry, not a top 5 pick. The other possibility but also not a top 5 who has a good chance of turning out pretty decent is the kid from TN.

lobo

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Pitt by the way should be a team looking to move as their line is <average.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Skornoski is who I want if we trade back

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Skornoski is who I want if we trade back
I’m still hearing the Cards are expected to heavily focus on defense, especially early in the draft. Of course that could change if they acquire a handful of pick. I think Gannon feels you can win with a good defense and a mediocre offense. If I were the GM I’d lean towards supporting his point of view.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I would think Paris Johnson, but then I watched him give up some bad reps against Georgia.

Overall I like the OL class, but I'm more in love with taking the 2nd-3rd guys. Give me Chandler Zavala later in the draft or Torrence round 2 and I'm stoked.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Its the arm length... but in actuality his arms are only about an inch short...that difference can probably be made up for with technical skills in which he is abundant.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
That too.

But, I'm reminded that KEIM came up to Montreal to checkout Dr Laurent Duvernay Tardif and then blew a chance in the later rounds to draft him, and instead selected, Walt Powell, who didn't make it out of camp.

In your opinion, who is the greatest of all time native Canadian NFL player?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

There doesn't need to be a universal consensus though right?

Every teams board is vastly different. There are going to be teams that have Richardson at #3 and teams that have him at #20. There will be teams that have Johnson over Skoronski and vice versa.

It only take one :)

On saying that you only trade up as far as you need to and #3 seems way high.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
At this juncture, it’s all posturing & you can’t really believe anything you might hear.

JohnnyCakes

Miserables
Reaction score
Short arms means no bueno. The jump to the NFL from college is massive....you cannot have these types of physical deficiencies and expect to be drafted top 10 let alone first round. Hard Pass.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Wrong...if he was he would be Clearly CanadEin. A little humor before the bid day!!
I didn't get that reference...sorry. I was referring to this (the drink of my youth)
You must be registered for see images attach
:

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
maybe Skoronski turns into an all-pro offensive lineman

but man, would it be disappointing to trade out of the #3 spot to 10, 11 or so and draft what looks like a guard (a really good guard, but one none the less)