Today’s Rumor (04/17/23) : Pick #3

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
To add more to this - The Cardinals have not hosted Will Anderson for a Top 30 visit. They did meet with him at the Combine. Could be something. Could also be a smoke screen.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
To add more to this - The Cardinals have not hosted Will Anderson for a Top 30 visit. They did meet with him at the Combine. Could be something. Could also be a smoke screen.
The player has no red flag at all
Production, athletics abilities, no character concern, no reason to host him taking a spot away from other prospects

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I'm sure you meant second overall pick not second rounder. Interesting that Indy would enrich a division rival with two first round picks albeit for the 2nd QB.
Sorry personal emergency detaind me and my mind was elsewhere. I did mean the second pick.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
It's great for us if the Texans take a non QB at #2. There are a bunch of teams like like Stroud who would be all over pick #3.
Agree. I think Anderson is the best non-QB, but he's not that much better than the next tier of players.

If the Cardinals walked away with Weatherspoon and a big bounty of picks, I'd be excited.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Agree. I think Anderson is the best non-QB, but he's not that much better than the next tier of players.

If the Cardinals walked away with Weatherspoon and a big bounty of picks, I'd be excited.
What does “big bounty of picks” mean to you?

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
4-5 high picks. What does it mean to you?
Now, this is a good discussion. I can’t imagine anyone on this board that would be unhappy with taking Anderson. My preference is trading down one spot with the Colts, and still getting Anderson. But with the right return, I may be all in on moving down to that 9-11 range. And what again is the right return? For me, if we go down to 9-11, there has to be 4-5 picks. And that would involve another 1st rounder next year (2024), at least 2 second round picks (2023 & 2024), and then 2 more 3rds (preferably both in 2023, ok with one each in 2023 & 2024). I like the fact that, unlike the moron owner of the Colts, the Cardinals are keeping their thoughts hush hush.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This makes more sense for the Texans.

Get Lance for #33 and keep both their 1st round picks.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

lobo

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Now, this is a good discussion. I can’t imagine anyone on this board that would be unhappy with taking Anderson. My preference is trading down one spot with the Colts, and still getting Anderson. But with the right return, I may be all in on moving down to that 9-11 range. And what again is the right return? For me, if we go down to 9-11, there has to be 4-5 picks. And that would involve another 1st rounder next year (2024), at least 2 second round picks (2023 & 2024), and then 2 more 3rds (preferably both in 2023, ok with one each in 2023 & 2024). I like the fact that, unlike the moron owner of the Colts, the Cardinals are keeping their thoughts hush hush.
Last sentence says it all. Silence is a sterling quality/value in my book.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Let’s hope there’s a quick bidding war when we are on the clock, because our own leverage probably goes out the window if Anderson goes #2.

It’s easy to talk about all the stuff we should demand, but in reality if Anderson is gone I hope we just take the best deal offered to move down somewhere between 6 and 11th pick. Even if the best we can do is say Vegas for 7 and 38, I would take that over staying at 3 with Anderson gone.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
4-5 high picks. What does it mean to you?
That would qualify for me. Defining “high picks” as in the first three rounds.

Staying within the top 10 and getting an additional first + 2 2nd or 3rd round picks would be a hard deal to pass on.

I just don’t believe that kind of comp is waiting out there, and I don’t expect it to materialize.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Monti at the owners' meetings...

You must be registered for see images attach

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Let’s hope there’s a quick bidding war when we are on the clock, because our own leverage probably goes out the window if Anderson goes #2.

It’s easy to talk about all the stuff we should demand, but in reality if Anderson is gone I hope we just take the best deal offered to move down somewhere between 6 and 11th pick. Even if the best we can do is say Vegas for 7 and 38, I would take that over staying at 3 with Anderson gone.
If Anderson goes 2, then the demand for the 2nd QB goes up exponentially. If the Cardinals truly are not as infatuated with Anderson as we the fans are, then Houston taking Anderson only improves our haul should we trade down.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Our leverage at #3, if Anderson is off the board, is that Indy would want Qb#2, as will others.

You can be confident the broad strokes of a trade-down will have been worked out in advance. It would come down to which offer Monti prefers.

This is not all happening in 5 minutes.

Last edited:

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
That would qualify for me. Defining “high picks” as in the first three rounds.

Staying within the top 10 and getting an additional first + 2 2nd or 3rd round picks would be a hard deal to pass on.

I just don’t believe that kind of comp is waiting out there, and I don’t expect it to materialize.
The Titans are the team that would probably make a the most sense.

New GM and old QB. Trade #11, future 1st, two 2nd round picks and I'd probably do it.

After Anderson, there are probably 8 or so position guys I'd take at that spot. I think Bryan Bresee is going to be a good player, and Van Ness would be a good gamble on traits.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
The Cardinals could restock the team pretty quickly over the next two years having three first round picks, three second round picks, and four third round picks.
They could definitely get younger and cheaper, but third-choice GM would have to hit on more than half of them to have much impact on improving the team.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson