Today’s Rumor (04/17/23) : Pick #3

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Titans are the team that would probably make a the most sense.

New GM and old QB. Trade #11, future 1st, two 2nd round picks and I'd probably do it.

After Anderson, there are probably 8 or so position guys I'd take at that spot. I think Bryan Bresee is going to be a good player, and Van Ness would be a good gamble on traits.

It's a balance isn't it.

I've seen Mocks recently with the Vikings trading up to #3. Has there ever been a trade that many spots into the top 3? I can't think of one.

But for a stupid haul I'd consider it. It would need to be huge for 20 spots. At least 3 firsts and multiple day 2 picks. Maybe even a player. But if the package was right I'd consider it because I think the Vikings are on a downslope and their future firsts might have good value and I think we could get Wright, Avila, Bresee, maybe Kancey, maybe Porter at #23 and I think they are good players.

I don't see the Vikings doing that because the cost is too much, but I'm trying to illustrate the point that I don't think anything is off the table for the right price.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not a huge deal, but why do people keep calling the Texans "Texas?" They're Houston.

Unless I missed something and they officially changed their name to the Texas Texans which would make me lol.
The world has become lazy and Texas has fewer characters than Houston.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
They could definitely get younger and cheaper, but third-choice GM would have to hit on more than half of them to have much impact on improving the team.
Agree. He’d have to have a Denny Green 2004 draft to make a quick rebuild Happen

JohnnyCakes

Miserables
Reaction score
They could definitely get younger and cheaper, but third-choice GM would have to hit on more than half of them to have much impact on improving the team.
nothing you can do about Cunningham. He didnt want anything to do with Kyler or his contract.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
nothing you can do about Cunningham. He didnt want anything to do with Kyler or his contract.
It will be interesting how Kyler does going forward. He's been very successful with every coach he's ever had except Kliff Kingsbury.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You don’t think working under an evil, sadistic, and overall pathetic owner had nothing to do with it?
Bidwill is his homie. He’s not going to fault him, ever, lol.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It's a balance isn't it.

I've seen Mocks recently with the Vikings trading up to #3. Has there ever been a trade that many spots into the top 3? I can't think of one.

But for a stupid haul I'd consider it. It would need to be huge for 20 spots. At least 3 firsts and multiple day 2 picks. Maybe even a player. But if the package was right I'd consider it because I think the Vikings are on a downslope and their future firsts might have good value and I think we could get Wright, Avila, Bresee, maybe Kancey, maybe Porter at #23 and I think they are good players.

I don't see the Vikings doing that because the cost is too much, but I'm trying to illustrate the point that I don't think anything is off the table for the right price.
Didn't Atlanta move way up by making two trades. The first went from the twenties to the low teens and then to the top ten. Selected the VG WR, can't remember his name (brain cramp).

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Totally agree. And don't understand why people don't see it that way.
We can't control what Houston does, obviously, but Anderson's heralded as one of the very few blue chip players in this draft. I think the resistance comes from not getting someone who is going to be a difference maker to this organization.

I'm also a bit concerned that there's not the feeding frenzy for these QBs that has been put out there, at least as far as I want to move back. If we go all the way back to #11 with the Titans, I need something like this year's 2nd, two first rounders, and their 5th rounder this year. If they had a 4th, I'd be demanding that, but they don't.

The Raiders can probably bait us by saying they have Jimmy G, and then what? Move back to #8 for like... a second round pick? I don't think I'd feel so bad if Seattle wasn't sitting there right behind us at #5 to poach someone from us if we move back.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't think it's ever going to be replied to, just consistently used in multiple threads to fit their narrative, right or wrong.

Even 2nd choice narrative is a reach based on a single report by Jay Glazer but this whole 3rd choice thing is nuts. Someone even told me it was "common knowledge" and I was twisting established fact! I think it was @Arz101

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Didn't Atlanta move way up by making two trades. The first went from the twenties to the low teens and then to the top ten. Selected the VG WR, can't remember his name (brain cramp).

Possibly. The Bills moved up for Josh Allen from 23 to 7 but again was 2 trades. Don't recall a single big leap that large ever happening.