There’s still a possibility we draft Nabers

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

BulldogCard

Veteran
Reaction score
Outside speed at receiver is a serious need. I've seen mocks with Thomas, MHJ, Nabors at wr. At 27 a cb wouldn't surprise me maybe like KoolAid. It is tough to know which receiver is the next Chase, Jefferson, St. Brown type guy. I really like Bowers but outside wr is very likely as the Cards first pick.

Last edited:

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Fun but look at what Miami turned that into:

You must be registered for see images attach

Nothing. They were mid the next two years and got bounced in their first playoff game.

12th overall, 29th overall, 29th overall. Cool deal.
I think any Cardinals fan would trade rosters with the Dolphins in a heartbeat.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
One possible scenario I think might happen.

Both the Vikings and Giants are interested in McCarthy so Min can't risk going to 5 and getting jumped by the Giants.

Despite the offer Monti doesn't want to trade back as far as 11 as he wants a top WR, but he uses the Min offer to fleece a desperate Giants team. The Giants only have 6 picks this year and we already have 11, so Monti adds to the future taking the Giants 2025 2nd, 2026 3rd and one of their two 5ths in 2025 and takes Azeez Ojulari off their hands who has a cheap 1 year left before FA. (Nobody is trading a 1st for 2 spots).

The Cards move to 6 and might still get MHJ (word is the Chargers like Nabers) but worse case come away with Odunze or Nabers at #6.

People are way too locked on MHJ, all 3 of these guys are great in different ways. In any other draft we would be drooling over Nabers or Odunze at #4.

Personally I'd stick at 4 but I think a move is very possible.

OP
OP
DVontel

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Robert Griffin trade was a haul. And Miami has shown how you can leverage one asset into many if you're smart.
Funny thing about that Rams-RG3 trade is that the Rams didn’t get a single great player from those picks. Janoris Jenkins was arguably their best pick & he really didn’t hit full stride until he got to New York. Aaron Donald was the Rams’ own pick.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I'm doing it only for A LOT of picks. And that also means we get some this year and next. The kinds of drafts that a smart front office can turn into a foundation of a team, or use to trade for young stars.
A lot of picks had better be a Ricky Williams haul, and no next year's picks aren't on my radar. No more kicking the can down the road and no more trading out of blue-chip territory. Gimme your draft or **** with a big trade down.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Funny thing about that Rams-RG3 trade is that the Rams didn’t get a single great player from those picks. Janoris Jenkins was arguably their best pick & he really didn’t hit full stride until he got to New York. Aaron Donald was the Rams’ own pick.
But, but they got "a haul!" You win Super Bowls with "A Haul," don't you?

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Daniel Jeremiah clearly knows nothing about the draft suggesting a team would trade within the top 5 for Marvin Harrison. I mean its not like he's Will Anderson.

New York Jets
New York Jets
Marvin Harrison Jr.
Marvin Harrison Jr.
Ohio State · WR · Junior
PROJECTED TRADE WITH LOS ANGELES CHARGERS

The Jets are all-in with a veteran quarterback and they recently acquired two offensive tackles to shore up the O-line. They desperately need another playmaker to complement Garrett Wilson, so they trade up to select Harrison, the top receiver in the draft and Wilson’s former Ohio State teammate.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Daniel Jeremiah clearly knows nothing about the draft suggesting a team would trade within the top 5 for Marvin Harrison. I mean its not like he's Will Anderson.

New York Jets
New York Jets
Marvin Harrison Jr.
Marvin Harrison Jr.
Ohio State · WR · Junior
PROJECTED TRADE WITH LOS ANGELES CHARGERS

The Jets are all-in with a veteran quarterback and they recently acquired two offensive tackles to shore up the O-line. They desperately need another playmaker to complement Garrett Wilson, so they trade up to select Harrison, the top receiver in the draft and Wilson’s former Ohio State teammate.
Too soon.

Fitz4Ever

Veteran
Reaction score
One possible scenario I think might happen.

Both the Vikings and Giants are interested in McCarthy so Min can't risk going to 5 and getting jumped by the Giants.

Despite the offer Monti doesn't want to trade back as far as 11 as he wants a top WR, but he uses the Min offer to fleece a desperate Giants team. The Giants only have 6 picks this year and we already have 11, so Monti adds to the future taking the Giants 2025 2nd, 2026 3rd and one of their two 5ths in 2025 and takes Azeez Ojulari off their hands who has a cheap 1 year left before FA. (Nobody is trading a 1st for 2 spots).

The Cards move to 6 and might still get MHJ (word is the Chargers like Nabers) but worse case come away with Odunze or Nabers at #6.

People are way too locked on MHJ, all 3 of these guys are great in different ways. In any other draft we would be drooling over Nabers or Odunze at #4.

Personally I'd stick at 4 but I think a move is very possible.
That deal wouldnt be worth it to me.

If we trade down we have to get 1st round picks....so if the Giants want to move to 4, then it will be #6 and their 2025 1st rounder....or they can pound sand.

The Vikings would need to give us #11, #23, 2025 1st rounder and more to move to 11.

Thats just my opinion, but if you can't get 1st round picks then just stay put and pick MHJ.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
In regards to DJ's mock....as much as I hate trading away MHJ...

I do like getting Verse, Brian Thomas Jr and Byron Murphy.

Problem is as much as I like Verse at 12 he feels like a reach. And I dont think Brian Thomas JR will be there at 23.
You might have to take Thomas at #11. That would change everything as the top edge rushers will be gone by #23

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
You might have to take Thomas at #11. That would change everything as the top edge rushers will be gone by #23
Yea I'd hate the trade, but gotta either take Thomas at 11 or maybe do a mini trade back and still get him. Cause I think the Colts and Jags may be looking at him. In terms of an edge I would maybe use another pick to move up to get one.

Either way I have to at least leave with Thomas if Im missing out on MHJ, Nabers and Odunze.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That deal wouldnt be worth it to me.

If we trade down we have to get 1st round picks....so if the Giants want to move to 4, then it will be #6 and their 2025 1st rounder....or they can pound sand.

The Vikings would need to give us #11, #23, 2025 1st rounder and more to move to 11.

Thats just my opinion, but if you can't get 1st round picks then just stay put and pick MHJ.

The difference between 6th and 4th is 200 points.

Considering where the Giants likely draft next year with a rookie 4th QB off the board QB, a weak WR corps and Shane Bowen as DC we likely get back about 800 points plus Ojulari in the scenario I laid out above.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
The difference between 6th and 4th is 200 points.

Considering where the Giants likely draft next year with a rookie 4th QB off the board QB, a weak WR corps and Shane Bowen as DC we likely get back about 800 points plus Ojulari in the scenario I laid out above.
Some people really never learn from the past.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
In regards to DJ's mock....as much as I hate trading away MHJ...

I do like getting Verse, Brian Thomas Jr and Byron Murphy.

Problem is as much as I like Verse at 12 he feels like a reach. And I dont think Brian Thomas JR will be there at 23.

Verse was a consensus top 8 pick at the end of the college season.

His perceived fall is a mixture of prospect fatigue and QB's and WR's pushing everyone else down.

Last year Tyree Wilson went #7, Lukas Van Ness went #13 and Will McDonald went #15 and Verse destroys all of them as a prospect.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Some people really never learn from the past.

I mean, if we're at 6 were still getting Nabers or Odunze which I'm fine with plus all that extra capital.

If you think MHJ is a lock to be far better than those guys after looking at the history of the NFL draft I'm happy to put money on it.

MHJ is a great prospect, but WRs are one of the most difficult positions to predict. The absolute certainly that MHJ is "The One" on here is nuts. He's not even "The One" to a bunch of NFL teams.

Plus, in my scenario all Ojulari jerseys double in value.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson